Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
SimGuru's, Where Are You? The Sims 3 is Failing.  XML
Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Sk8rblaze

I, like many others, have dumped so much cash into this franchise. Just The Sims 3 alone has been over $300+ for most of us who own all of the expansions. You'd think after spending so much money on a GAME, we'd be expecting the highest quality we could get? Unfortunately, this is not what we're getting ever since EA took over.

The recent release, Showtime, is a perfect example to use as a way to show how I feel about this game. Showtime added 3 careers. That was the highlight of the EP. Once again, THREE careers. $39.00. After how I felt with how well they did with Pets, I decided maybe EA deserves another chance. So I caved in and bought Showtime. Before I go on, yes, I'm familiar with the "don't like it, don't buy it" term. So as I'm playing I'm noticing this EP is nothing but careers (professions, as you can see your Sim progress through their occupation) which could have been thrown into Ambitions. Items which could have been thrown into Late Night. What's really left of the EP? Not much, really that I can say is worth my 40 dollars.

The point is these are the type of EPs we've been getting. Not much being offered because the EPs themselves are very much "watered down". So EA decided that these three PROFESSIONS shouldn't be included in Ambitions but including as a whole new EP - Showtime with the theme "rise to fame". Fine, but it's nothing but grind fests. Going up on stage, singing a few glitchy songs, getting off. Performing for tips. Maybe just a few more SHORT interactions such as giving your album away. Not much options to advance. In Superstar, there were photoshoots, a red carpet, walk of fame, and so much well thought ideas to go along with the theme.

Last time I checked, Sims 3 is supposed to be an UPGRADE of the previous games. I can't see how they didn't include ideas such as these or at least been creative and thought of their own. It seems as if the developers lack the creativity we saw in The Sims 2 and even the original game itself. You want humor in your game? Fine, I'll throw in an animation here of your sim falling off this object. Nothing more, nothing less. It seems they create what we ask and want but don't actually put the time and effort into it.

The worst part is the fact that they're using CELEBRITIES to sell their crap now. This new overcharged EP? A few items with Katy Perry slapped on the cover. Of course I won't be buying it but I find it a ridiculous waste of a slot for a great SP. I'm really hoping this will be the last time I see a celebrity working with The Sims franchise.

Speaking of the whole franchise, it's not just TS3 declining. It's pretty much everything. It seems they're focusing on all of these other ways of making money through Sims Social, the crap Sims Medieval, etc. that they're forgetting what earns them the most money - the "main" PC games themselves.

So to cut this thread from being a long, long rant thread (which I probably could, with all of these issues and complaints I have with the game), I'll end it here.

But my question? SimGurus where are you? Are you acknowledging the fact you have all these threads going against EA and the franchise? What do you have in store for the franchise to regain these users who switched back to TS1/TS2 or just gave up with the game altogether? It would be nice to see Simgurus active in the forums letting us know what will happening in the future with our games and actually using more of the ideas WE come up with as more people would be likely to something THEY want in their games (of course since you made creating CC much more difficult in favor of The Sims 3 Store, very much overpriced, in my opinion). The lack of the communication and the fact they're completely silent of things like this is just making it worse.

I do know they've addressed issues with players like this before the release of Showtime when there were so many threads going against it. Unfortunately, a blog from a SimGuru saying he/she believes "there is enough content in the EPs" won't change my opinion at all.

Like common sense would suggest, I'm no longer purchasing any The Sims 3 expansions until I see better work and time being put into the EPs to ensure the best quality for us. I have no problem going on The Sims 2 now and then whenever I feel like simming.

P.S - I would appreciate it if this thread wouldn't be moved from this category on the forums, or at least until I see a Simguru response answering some of my questions which I'm hoping after paying so much for a game that is only going downhill. Although I imagine it being moved to die off, which it most likely will be.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/07/12 09:07 AM

ColouredRain

I agree with you. The EPs I have bought were all quite disappointing. I've bought WA, AMB and LN. With World Adventures, I can't even play it because it crashes my whole computer, forcing me to shut down by turning off at the plug (which consequently ruins my computer). Late Night doesn't really add anything to the game unless you're playing Bridgeport, which in my opinion is a really horrible bland looking, grey neighbourhood. Probably my favourite EP I have is Ambitions. I don't actually use any of its features apart from self-employed careers, but it's the expansion I've had the least technical problems with. I think it's sad that I only like it because it hasn't wrecked my game or computer.

I agree that the expansion packs are uninventive rip-offs of previous Sim game expansions, and they really don't have enough content. Still, like you, I'm obviously going to cave in and waste more money on an expansion pack: Generations. My game is getting really boring so I'm going to buy it to try and spice up my game

I'm definitely skipping Showtime due to all the complaints about it (none of which EA are addressing - after people complaining about a Katy Perry expansion, they decide to release another Katy Perry Stuff Pack??)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/07/12 09:03 AM

bluebellcat

im not too familier with TS2 but is showtime worth it for me to buy,i was gonna buy late night and katy perry showtime but it just comes with a few new katy perry outfit a some props,wow! how amazing slapping katy perry on the front for more money,ha ha very funny!

Sk8rblaze

ColouredRain wrote:I agree with you. The EPs I have bought were all quite disappointing. I've bought WA, AMB and LN. With World Adventures, I can't even play it because it crashes my whole computer, forcing me to shut down by turning off at the plug (which consequently ruins my computer). Late Night doesn't really add anything to the game unless you're playing Bridgeport, which in my opinion is a really horrible bland looking, grey neighbourhood. Probably my favourite EP I have is Ambitions. I don't actually use any of its features apart from self-employed careers, but it's the expansion I've had the least technical problems with. I think it's sad that I only like it because it hasn't wrecked my game or computer.

I agree that the expansion packs are uninventive rip-offs of previous Sim game expansions, and they really don't have enough content. Still, like you, I'm obviously going to cave in and waste more money on an expansion pack: Generations. My game is getting really boring so I'm going to buy it to try and spice up my game

Thanks and yes, the worst part is caving in which I will definitely be keeping away from doing after Showtime.

Generations, yes, will add all those nice interactions and make families really feel like families as I'm sure you know. Just beware - it WILL get boring after awhile so be sure you have plenty ideas to put to use with the EP
ColouredRain

Sk8rblaze wrote:
ColouredRain wrote:I agree with you. The EPs I have bought were all quite disappointing. I've bought WA, AMB and LN. With World Adventures, I can't even play it because it crashes my whole computer, forcing me to shut down by turning off at the plug (which consequently ruins my computer). Late Night doesn't really add anything to the game unless you're playing Bridgeport, which in my opinion is a really horrible bland looking, grey neighbourhood. Probably my favourite EP I have is Ambitions. I don't actually use any of its features apart from self-employed careers, but it's the expansion I've had the least technical problems with. I think it's sad that I only like it because it hasn't wrecked my game or computer.

Thanks and yes, the worst part is caving in which I will definitely be keeping away from doing after Showtime.

Generations, yes, will add all those nice interactions and make families really feel like families as I'm sure you know. Just beware - it WILL get boring after awhile so be sure you have plenty ideas to put to use with the EP

Yeah, hopefully it'll make my legacy less boring and tedious! I'm waiting for it to come in stock on the HMV website, though, so I probably won't be getting it for a while yet

CoolLlama

Sk8rblaze wrote:I, like many others, have dumped so much cash into this franchise. Just The Sims 3 alone has been over $300+ for most of us who own all of the expansions. You'd think after spending so much money on a GAME, we'd be expecting the highest quality we could get? Unfortunately, this is not what we're getting ever since EA took over.

The recent release, Showtime, is a perfect example to use as a way to show how I feel about this game. Showtime added 3 careers. That was the highlight of the EP. Once again, THREE careers. $39.00. After how I felt with how well they did with Pets, I decided maybe EA deserves another chance. So I caved in and bought Showtime. Before I go on, yes, I'm familiar with the "don't like it, don't buy it" term. So as I'm playing I'm noticing this EP is nothing but careers (professions, as you can see your Sim progress through their occupation) which could have been thrown into Ambitions. Items which could have been thrown into Late Night. What's really left of the EP? Not much, really that I can say is worth my 40 dollars.

The point is these are the type of EPs we've been getting. Not much being offered because the EPs themselves are very much "watered down". So EA decided that these three PROFESSIONS shouldn't be included in Ambitions but including as a whole new EP - Showtime with the theme "rise to fame". Fine, but it's nothing but grind fests. Going up on stage, singing a few glitchy songs, getting off. Performing for tips. Maybe just a few more SHORT interactions such as giving your album away. Not much options to advance. In Superstar, there were photoshoots, a red carpet, walk of fame, and so much well thought ideas to go along with the theme.

Last time I checked, Sims 3 is supposed to be an UPGRADE of the previous games. I can't see how they didn't include ideas such as these or at least been creative and thought of their own. It seems as if the developers lack the creativity we saw in The Sims 2 and even the original game itself. You want humor in your game? Fine, I'll throw in an animation here of your sim falling off this object. Nothing more, nothing less. It seems they create what we ask and want but don't actually put the time and effort into it.

The worst part is the fact that they're using CELEBRITIES to sell their crap now. This new overcharged EP? A few items with Katy Perry slapped on the cover. Of course I won't be buying it but I find it a ridiculous waste of a slot for a great SP. I'm really hoping this will be the last time I see a celebrity working with The Sims franchise.

Speaking of the whole franchise, it's not just TS3 declining. It's pretty much everything. It seems they're focusing on all of these other ways of making money through Sims Social, the crap Sims Medieval, etc. that they're forgetting what earns them the most money - the "main" PC games themselves.

So to cut this thread from being a long, long rant thread (which I probably could, with all of these issues and complaints I have with the game), I'll end it here.

But my question? SimGurus where are you? Are you acknowledging the fact you have all these threads going against EA and the franchise? What do you have in store for the franchise to regain these users who switched back to TS1/TS2 or just gave up with the game altogether? It would be nice to see Simgurus active in the forums letting us know what will happening in the future with our games and actually using more of the ideas WE come up with as more people would be likely to something THEY want in their games (of course since you made creating CC much more difficult in favor of The Sims 3 Store, very much overpriced, in my opinion). The lack of the communication and the fact they're completely silent of things like this is just making it worse.

I do know they've addressed issues with players like this before the release of Showtime when there were so many threads going against it. Unfortunately, a blog from a SimGuru saying he/she believes "there is enough content in the EPs" won't change my opinion at all.

Like common sense would suggest, I'm no longer purchasing any The Sims 3 expansions until I see better work and time being put into the EPs to ensure the best quality for us. I have no problem going on The Sims 2 now and then whenever I feel like simming.

P.S - I would appreciate it if this thread wouldn't be moved from this category on the forums, or at least until I see a Simguru response answering some of my questions which I'm hoping after paying so much for a game that is only going downhill. Although I imagine it being moved to die off, which it most likely will be.

I completely and utterly agree with all of this. I want them to take some time off making EPs and SPs, and concentrate on fixing all the bugs we have. It's ridiculous, and I am not wasting another penny on EA, until they can sort them selves out. This site is a mess. My game is a mess. EA, do your job and sort it out.
Most of us here have been very loyal customers, and look at what we get. Katy Perry rubbish that they are ramming down our throats, and Magic. I will certainly not buy them. Most of the items in Katy Perry's Sweet Treats stuff won't even be to do with Katy Perry I bet. I don't care about banana split sofas, which is why this would be better off as a store set. They deserved that award. [/rant].

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/07/12 09:16 AM

Sk8rblaze

CoolLlama wrote:
I completely and utterly agree with all of this. I want them to take some time off making EPs and SPs, and concentrate on fixing all the bugs we have. It's ridiculous, and I am not wasting another penny on EA, until they can sort them selves out. This site is a mess. My game is a mess. EA, do your job and sort it out.
Most of us here have been very loyal customers, and look at what we get. Katy Perry rubbish that they are ramming down our throats, and Magic. I will certainly not buy them. Most of the items in Katy Perry's Sweet Treats stuff won't even be to do with Katy Perry I bet. I don't care about banana split sofas, which is why this would be better off as a store set. They deserved that award. [/rant].

Well said and couldn't agree more!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/07/12 09:19 AM

Sk8rblaze

Bump, a bit early but it's quickly moving from all of these new threads
Maygirl2

I agree, but ea's never gonna step up there game. Unless sales totally stop or a competitor comes out with a similar game. Because sims has got no competitor, they don't have to worry about quality because the people can't just stop buying and get another game similar to this.

And on top of that, the devs only take feedback from there 'loyal facebook fans' most of them are just OMG fantices, wasting money on anything EA is willing to throw at them (like Katy Perry sweet treats...). It was the facebook fans who wanted (demanded) social crap. Thats what we get. They want Katy Perry, thats what we get. The devs don't bother about this site. The only thing they see in this site is profit from the store. Thats it. Everything else is garbage. They don't care about what simmers have uploaded to the exchange, or the stories they wrote. EA is a bunch of money hungry annoyances. (I though of something much worse, but probs shouldn't post).

jewelsforeva

Sk8rblaze wrote:Bump, a bit early but it's quickly moving from all of these new threads

I agree, to some extent. I'm sorely disappointed with the lack of content in some of these EPs and SPs. When you compare them to the amount of content that was in TS2 and TS1... you can see the difference, totally. Honestly TS3 can never compare to TS2 or TS1 no matter how good it is.

And I've noticed they're churning out EPs and SPs like theres no tomorrow. I just want them to slow down a little... we aren't going anywhere. Take some more time and focus MORE on the details and quality your games, please. Quantity doesn't beat quality, EA.

"Please, keep that smile on your face forever, or else I'll cry..."
pchyskye2000

TS3 ended up being a huge disappointment. I stopped playing awhile back. I agree with everything you have said as well as others who have also expressed similar opinions. But the sad thing is people will continually come back to the game on and off even if they're not consistently buying every single eps and stuff packs. I'm pretty sure just as much as pets have sold well, once they release a weather ep they'll roll in the dough they missed out on through the release of other lackluster packs. Therefore, I don't think the developers will listen to any of our opinions. The consistent bugs and boring gameplay, it's the fans that need to take a stand. Even if it is just a game it's our money.
capgal

I agree that most of the charm is slowly dying out. I haven't bought a sims 3 game since Late Night. In the Sims 2 I'd be dying to get the next expansion pack but this just isn't the same.

However, I've noticed they have improved the quality and price of their store items with the new India set, which has given me a ray of hope that they do care

jewelsforeva

pchyskye2000 wrote:TS3 ended up being a huge disappointment. I stopped playing awhile back. I agree with everything you have said as well as others who have also expressed similar opinions. But the sad thing is people will continually come back to the game on and off even if they're not consistently buying every single eps and stuff packs. I'm pretty sure just as much as pets have sold well, once they release a weather ep they'll roll in the dough they missed out on through the release of other lackluster packs. Therefore, I don't think the developers will listen to any of our opinions. The consistent bugs and boring gameplay, it's the fans that need to take a stand. Even if it is just a game it's our money.

This is very true. I'm always going to keep going back to the Sims 3 and buying more of their packs, because its the Sims and I love it, no matter how bad it gets. I think this is the scenario with most people. We just adore the game too much to stop playing/investing in packs.

"Please, keep that smile on your face forever, or else I'll cry..."
WibbleLikeAJelly

Personally, I'm just ashamed that they can still pretend they didn't win the award by sweeping all of the threads that showcase it "under the rug", so to speak, probably in Ideas and Feedback, which is a) quite frankly, dead, and b) the most ridiculous place to put a thread like this. I guess it shows that EA actually do look at the Ideas and Feedback section, which for the record, they MUST have placed there with the intention of "taking" feedback, possibly to make players feel better that they have a safe place to rant and not to improve the game.

I just imagine EA to be like a blind dog running down a tunnel: they hear that we're all complaining, but they refuse to stop and acknowledge it so eventually the train just hits them.

In a way they seem to be exploiting the fact that they monopolise the simulation games industry. They know that there are certain people here who have to collect every last pixel, even if it's awful, and because of this they seem to think that they CAN afford to make them awful.

I feel so sorry for Katy Perry right now, you can tell how enthusiastic she is about her new SP, but that's just the thing. My theory is that it was only ever intended to please two people: EA and Katy's bank managers.

I feel I've said enough though, and I maybe getting off topic. The fact of the matter is, that while there are certain people like me who never feel this urge to stop playing The Sims 3 entirely, or who won't be content with The Sims 2, there may be twice as many people who will be, and once they leave, who will EA have left to sell to?

--Wibble

Sk8rblaze

jewelsforeva wrote:
pchyskye2000 wrote:TS3 ended up being a huge disappointment. I stopped playing awhile back. I agree with everything you have said as well as others who have also expressed similar opinions. But the sad thing is people will continually come back to the game on and off even if they're not consistently buying every single eps and stuff packs. I'm pretty sure just as much as pets have sold well, once they release a weather ep they'll roll in the dough they missed out on through the release of other lackluster packs. Therefore, I don't think the developers will listen to any of our opinions. The consistent bugs and boring gameplay, it's the fans that need to take a stand. Even if it is just a game it's our money.

This is very true. I'm always going to keep going back to the Sims 3 and buying more of their packs, because its the Sims and I love it, no matter how bad it gets. I think this is the scenario with most people. We just adore the game too much to stop playing/investing in packs.

That's the problem though. And yes, I'm guilty of it as well.

We see the EP coming out and feel like we have to buy it. Especially with the limited edition crap. I feel that even if there ARE sales, they should strive to make their product the best it can.

Apple for example. They make millions and millions yet they're always making updates, updating their product line, the OS, everything.

Maybe The Sims 3 wasn't ready for the open world yet or the graphics it has yet. Or maybe the game engine they're using just sucks.

Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: