Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Ninja Starfish  XML
Forum Index » Showtime
Tracy1Eicher

I'm trying to get a perfect Ninja starfish. I've been fishing in the right spot, with tofu. But I can only get Normal ninja starfish. I've been fishing for a while now about 50 tofu in, and they are only coming out normal. Do I need to keep fishing or is this a bug? How can I fix it? Please help!!!!!
JustKeepSimming

Tracy1Eicher wrote:I'm trying to get a perfect Ninja starfish. I've been fishing in the right spot, with tofu. But I can only get Normal ninja starfish. I've been fishing for a while now about 50 tofu in, and they are only coming out normal. Do I need to keep fishing or is this a bug? How can I fix it? Please help!!!!!

Silly question: but does your sim have level 10 fishing skill?

Tracy1Eicher

Yes she has level 10 fishing and has even finished the angler career and all fishing challenges. I've caught every fish on the game at a perfect level except the ninja starfish which I can only get as normal. I've used buydebug to spawn new fishing holes that have it, and I still only get normal ones. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm lost now.
EIisabetta

Sorry, no suggestions Fishing always frustrated me. LOL. But I am SO going to name my next singer's act Ninja Starfish.

crimzonstainheart

Location:in my gothic castle with my boyfriend playing sims... :3

wait theres a ninja star fish? thats really cool. what does it look like?

clubers

I would resort to growing them on omni plants by now. Well, I think that works...

Mastered the ZOMBIE. Mod/CC-free game. I'm a starkid.
Tracy1Eicher

crimzonstainheart wrote:wait theres a ninja star fish? thats really cool. what does it look like?
Yes their are three starfish actually. The ninja starfish, sea bat starfish, and linickia starfish. You can see pictures of all three of these here. <http://www.thesimalogue.com/ts3-st-collectibles.html>.

clubers wrote:I would resort to growing them on omni plants by now. Well, I think that works...
Thanks for the idea I will give it a try. I hope it works!!!
Sadistwitch

My suggestion would be to make sure you have read all the fishing books. Sounds so dumb, but something similar happened to me once in a game and I figured this out. Despite being on level 10, your Sim may have "missed something" simple from not reading.

Also sounds dumb, but try using different bait. I have many times caught perfect deathfish with simply black goldfish, or even apples (or no bait LOL), even though that is not the proper bait.

TORA239

What quality is the tofu? I don´t know if tofu can have perfect quality, but try to use only perfect tofu.

MarLin114

Same here, all the Ninja Starfish my Sim has caught so far have been Normal quality. I loaded her inventory with tofu and sent her to that spot on the beach by the rocks in the water. She fished for over 24 sim-hours and all the Ninjas were Normal. She's been a level 10 in fishing for a long time and knows which bait to use for specific fish. All the tofu is normal quality whether you buy it at the store or get it out of your refrigerator.

The opportunity popped up to catch 50 Ninja Starfish for 1000 L.H. points, so of course I made her stay there until she caught more than 50 of them. Maybe there was something in the number caught? I was keeping track of them, hoping that the quality would improve after 50...it didn't. Now she can get 1500 L.H. points if she catches 100 Ninja Starfish.

I'm sending her home before I'm turned in for Sim abuse.

Edit to add: I did try different bait for the heck of it, including bananas, plasma fruit, all 3 types of starfish, the kissing something fish, the sea sludge and the other thing from L.N. Maybe I should be turned in for Sim abuse.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/11/12 10:27 AM

elanorbreton

crimzonstainheart wrote:wait theres a ninja star fish? thats really cool. what does it look like?

Lol, that was my reaction when I read the thread. Also I didn't know there was tofu either. I obviously need to spend more hours playing this game...

Are the spawners for the starfish in buydebug? Cos I've recently been re-doing some older hoods and adding the LN spawners but I don't remember seeing any starfish spawners.
EIisabetta

I just looked. There is no spawner for them, which is a shame. I'd like to put them in some of my other neighborhoods.

Edit to add, they may spawn in any preset fish spot if you start a new game after installing ST, from what I've been reading, but not into existing games.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/11/12 10:58 AM

Mafuane

Did anyone ever figure out what was causing this?

Tracy1Eicher

They have been added into the existing ocean spawners. I can not remember which ones though. Also with my gatherings the only way to get perfect tofu, from what I am told is by using the omni plant and then fishing with said tofu in the right spot will get me the perfect ninja starfish!! Thanks to all who helped!!!
nkthgrt

what do you mean to use the omni plant first then the tofu? does the omni plant produce tofu? sorry for sounding stupid!

Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: