Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Wow, People are apparently fed up.  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Schantal

So, a quarter of a million people voted EA the worst company in the WORLD!! I couldn't believe it (er, wait...I can believe it, but it's still shocking). Really think about that, a quarter of a million people!! That's a lot of people that EA has made angry and ripped off. That's only the people who voted too. You can read the full article below. It's pretty interesting. There was another website where EA got a 2 out of 10, but I forgot the name of it. It grades you on many aspects like customer service, material, etc...If I find the link I will let you guys know, but for now the newest one is below. If this isn't a sign of things going downhill I don't know what is .

It's sad too because they actually make great games,unfortunately their lack of patching, heavy price points and poor customer service has taken it's toll...

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congratulations-ea-you-are-the-w
orst-company-in-america-for-2012.html

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/08/12 10:00 AM

Schantal

Double post. sorry .

Curlykatz

Ahh I saw this the other day! It just shows that they shouldn't be able to get away with it, people think that because they make video games then they're a luxury product and should be charged ridiculously. But times have changed and they're much more of a general population product and the prices need to start reflecting that!
While the music industry and film industry are selling their products for less, the games industry are increasing their prices!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/08/12 10:11 AM

Schantal

Yep, you are totally right. The good thing is that people are starting to take notice and eventually they are going to have to do something about it if they want to remain as big as they have been.

The only thing that worries me is that they get a huge chunk of their money from publishing games from other companies (For example: Mass Effect 3) and people aren't going to give up a great game that another company makes because EA just happens to be the publisher. That's the one thing that worries me, is that they will continue to make their money from that and then it won't matter .

It's crazy that they got worst company in the WORLD !! That's quite a title. Do you know how many hated companies there are in the WORLD and EA was picked as the WORST, that's pretty bad. I mean you have to *p.iss a lot of people off to get worst company in the WORLD!! It makes me sad too because their games are good in general, it's just they put out half broken games and then just don't patch it. One of the sims 3 Gurus, I believe it was Grant, even admitted on Twitter that the game only needs to be 60% ok for them to release it legally. That means that it can be 40% bugs and it will still go to the shelves. That's just sad.

I also like how a lot of us payed $10 for the Katy Perry version of Showtime and then they upload one of the items that is suppose to be exclusive to everyone (the Katy Perry hair) on the exchange, that's just wrong. It's stuff like that, that makes people feel taken advantage of .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/08/12 10:31 AM

Bluewind

And does anyone actually believe that EA will listen to the public outcry and change their business practices? Nope? Me neither

Edited for typo. I left the l out of public!

My Hatchlings and Eggs

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/08/12 10:33 AM

PsychoMasterX

this topic was talk about nonstop and now you decided to make a new one
Sims3Pony101

I didn't vote but i should of.

Yes they make good games, but customer service and glitches/in game problems makes people dislike them.

Met Robert Pattinson 14/11/12
Met Tinchy Stryder 14/11/12
Met Alfie, Zoella, Louise 27/10/12
Met Sam Pepper, Maz & Louis 2/12/12

♥♥♥
Schantal

Hahaha, Bluewind . That was quite the typo lol.

PsychoMaster, I never post in General and I can post if I feel like it. I never saw a post with the link that I posted above so I don't know what you are talking about. If you don't like my thread then you can move on as no one is forcing you to read it... .

Sims3Pony101, my feelings exactly .

PsychoMasterX

Schantal wrote:Hahaha, Bluewind . That was quite the typo lol.

PsychoMaster, I never post in General and I can post if I feel like it. I never saw a post with the link that I posted above so I don't know what you are talking about. If you don't like my thread then you can move on as no one is forcing you to read it... .

a few days ago there were other topics talking about that award, every one of them have deleted
saint_gambi

PsychoMasterX wrote:

a few days ago there were other topics talking about that award, every one of them have deleted

http://www.sadtrombone.com/

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

These brains rule.
PHOEBESMOM601

PsychoMasterX wrote:

I don't think so. I had several of them bookmarked and I can still access them.

Step outside of your comfort zone. Ask why. Don't accept,"because that's the way it's always been". Think outside the box.
Conorsim

saint_gambi wrote:
PsychoMasterX wrote:

As absolutely cheesy as that was, I wasn't expecting it and I nearly fell of me chair

Don't worry about PsychoMasterX, he always has something bad to say. And he rarely has anything to contribute.

PsychoMasterX

Conorsim wrote:
saint_gambi wrote:
PsychoMasterX wrote:

As absolutely cheesy as that was, I wasn't expecting it and I nearly fell of me chair

Don't worry about PsychoMasterX, he always has something bad to say. And he rarely has anything to contribute.

don't act like you know me because you don't

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/08/12 12:41 PM

IdealDevotion

*Edit to delete siggy, that's not mine!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/08/12 12:46 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: