Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
A chance to learn some new skills and win prizes!  XML
Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
generalflame

Hello all you lovely simmers! I'm Flame, and I come to you today with a proposition.

I am thinking of creating a competition. A competition where you would learn new editing skills and have a chance to win items on your wishlist. This competition would be open to everyone, with no eliminations, and you could come and go as you pleased. Enter the rounds that you want, don't enter the rounds that you don't!

The idea would be that each round would focus on a specific editing skill. It could be as general as simply drawing clothing or hair, or as specific as making curly hair look convincing or how to place highlights on eyes. Best of all, most of the topics would be chosen by you!

The winner each round would be gifted one item from their wishlist valued up to 100 simpoints. (Hey, I gotta use up them extra points somehow eh?)

Basically what I need to know from you is if you would be interested in something like this, and if so, what kinds of things would you like to learn?

SmileyNat

I think this is a great idea!

I know that there are a lot of people who want to learn clothes drawing. At the moment there are no tutorials, so people have to come up with their own methods. I'd also really like to learn to draw curly hair

shogunfish

This sounds very interesting. My skills with photoshop and absolutely terrible, but it would be nice to learn hair and clothes drawing. Whether or not I could enter would depend on my situation with modelling comps. (I'm entered in 6, though I think 2 are cancelled)

butterflop98

I would totally join this! I'm not good at editing, so this could give me a chance to improve. I have been working with gimp for a while, but just making horses to get shading etc right. I had a go at drawing sim hair not long ago, and it wasn't a complete fail, considering it was my first try. I would really like to learn how to do a bunch of different edits (eg, clothes, hair, eyes etc). So yes, i think this is an awesome idea
horsesrox76

I would love to learn how to do realistic hair shapes with realistic textures, Im getting better at it but I would love having a 'step by step' to getting a shape perfect. Clothes drawing would be fabulous, I would love whoever did it, forever.

I think something else that might be interesting might be adding in real life objects/clothes etc. In and making it seem more 'simified' if you get what I mean, but even if you still dont do that, I am def interested.

Jaxxx10

Awesome!

horsesrox76

le bump!

generalflame

Fabulous! I am going to try to get everything set up and ready to go by this Sunday. Any other topics in mind?
butterflop98

Well, what I really need to learn is how to put a sim on a background and make it really blend in, how to put objects in the picture and, like Horsesrox said kind of 'simify' them, how to add make-up, hair, clothes etc. Just all the basics

And I must sound like an idiot saying this, but what exactly is face-plastering and photoskinning? I might know, but I just don't want to be wrong and get disqualified in a comp or something
horsesrox76

face plastering is when someone adds a real life face onto a sim, I think, whilst photo-skinning can be adding things like real life clothes, or adding parts of real people (for example eyes) into a sims body At least thats what Ive always thought of it being.

butterflop98

Ok, thanks! That helps heaps
nickeyelysse

What editing tool would be used?
generalflame

Personally I'll be using Photoshop, but I am well aware that many forum users are using Gimp. I'm going to try really hard to make sure that anything I do will be possible in both programs. Most of what I do won't be program specific though.
LadyEmillye

I think this sounds really awesome. I look forward to checking it out

Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
Go to: