Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
So...do you think Katy Perry has ever played The Sims?  XML
Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Glic2003

I know it's not relevant, but I'm just curious. So whaddya think?

PsychoMasterX

Glic2003 wrote:
I know it's not relevant, but I'm just curious. So whaddya think?

I doubt it
piddlesim

Yes she has. She was a huge sims 1 and 2 fan. Back when she endorced sims 2 apartment life, there were videos and pictures of her playing her game.
Arletta

I'm with PsychoMaster. I doubt it.

According to somebody on the MTV interview her glowing review for this was that you could change your sims hair.

To err is human. To blame a computer is even more human.

http://arlettats3.blogspot.co.uk/
GabbyGirlJ

Actually, I'd believe it. She seems like just the sort of person who'd have fun dressing up sims and decorating houses. Tons of celebrities play video games, it's not that hard to imagine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/09/12 03:54 AM

"You're not as bad as everyone says you are."
Glic2003

<Katy Perry making Sim version of herself>

"Why does my face look fat?"

4thefunofit4

I first thought that there is no way an international pop icon would take the time to play sims... But then someone else specified she used to play ( and maybe still does)
I don't know... it's possible.

catloverplayer

Yes I do. There is a simmer on here using Katy Perry as they're name and she made a Katy Perry sim. I think this is the real Katy Perry because EA gave her the ability to customize her Mypages.

By the way hi Katy.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
piddlesim

Arletta wrote:I'm with PsychoMaster. I doubt it.

According to somebody on the MTV interview her glowing review for this was that you could change your sims hair.

With the sims 1, which she has admitted to being a huge fan of... you couldn't change the hairstyle. She said that was something that was wanted in the sims 1 and enjoyed about in the sims 3.
niac1234

If I was that rich, I could hire my own servants to be my sims.

stormwench

If she was such a huge sims1 and sims2 fan she would not be saying things when interviewed about the sims games things like "you can change third hairstyles", "you feed them and they go to the bathroom" with a giggle like no one knew.

Even if your not a big ardent fan of TS, tell me that those would be the 3 things you would say about the game if interviewed?

I believe her only 'game play' was a run through at the Maxis Redwood City office when she went there to record the simlish version of her song. Anyone can pose for pictures in front of a video screen or move a mouse around a bit for a video.

Especially if she was such a huge player of TS and TS2 she would know more about feeding them and then sending them to the bathroom. Heck, my daughter at 7, watching over my shoulder could tell people more about sims then that and she had not even played - plus she did not giggle about them going to the bathroom.

So what happened to Sims3 she is endorsing? Playing TS and TS2 does not make you an expert on TS3 or even know enough to endorse it.

I believe her interest in the sims is not playing it but how much money she can make from it, and given the extra cost of anything EA stamps her name on its a nice bit.

iheartjackie

She may "play" it but she may not super serious about it, like some Sim fans are.

MalcolmX

I don't see why she couldn't enjoy playing the game every once in awhile.

I feel like the whole, "Well all she could talk about is hair" argument is rather unfair. Perhaps she just enjoys making Sims, so that was what stuck out to her. It's no different than when a person who enjoys mainly building houses says, "I can customize the tile colors." Also, just because she's a public figure doesn't mean she necessarily is great at public speaking or coming up with on-the-spot answers.

Again though, to the OP, I don't necessarily see her has an ardent story-telling player, but I don't see any reason why she can't be a Sims player.
GabbyGirlJ

MalcolmX wrote:I don't see why she couldn't enjoy playing the game every once in awhile.

I feel like the whole, "Well all she could talk about is hair" argument is rather unfair. Perhaps she just enjoys making Sims, so that was what stuck out to her. It's no different than when a person who enjoys mainly building houses says, "I can customize the tile colors."

I agree with you on this. I've been a gamer for pretty much my whole life and I've been a simmer since the very beginning. But I still get giddy over creating characters and I love games of any genre that allow you to tweak your character's looks. The more in depth, the better. If someone were to ask me about Skyrim or Dragon Age, I'd probably gush at some point about how I love the way that that you can customize your character. It might not be the first thing I'd gush about, and it certainly wouldn't be the only thing, but I'm sure I'd touch on it at some point. And if someone were to just take that out of context, it would probably make me sound like I didn't care about anything else in the game, when I've spent hundreds of hours on Skyrim alone. We have to remember that her words were taken out of context and we don't know how long the interview was, or what else she brought up. And, even if that was indeed all that she said, well maybe she plays and she has fun creating sims. So do I. While I'm not a big fan of hers, I don't really see why her talking about hair colors makes people think that she doesn't really play.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/09/12 02:55 PM

"You're not as bad as everyone says you are."
piddlesim

I don't really see why her talking about hair colors makes people think that she doesn't really play.

Especially since KP is famous for changing her real life hairstyle all the time. That is why I think she giggled when she mentioned that she could do the same thing with her sim. KP is famous for constantly changing her hairstyle and her hair color.

Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Go to: