Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Lounge lizard magic gnome and the singing career...  XML
Forum Index » Showtime
trokketille

I was just wondering.. what is the deal with this gnome? I get a new one every day, and not just on the lawn; it can appear in front of the tv or sound systems (which somehow gets turned on when the gnome appears), in the pool, on tables, in the middle of different rooms, etc. When I remove them or sell them, I get a sound that does not sound all too promising - like something bad will happen I have tried leaving the gnomes where they appear to see if theres any limit as to how many gnomes I will get on my lot, but when I came close to 15 it started to drive me nuts ...so now I wonder if this is normal behavior in Showtime?
Anmirla

He is just like any other Gnome as far as popping around the lot, turning on the TV and stereo, changing positions, but...
he and the Cranstan Boonitz (Magician Gnome) will sometimes give a moodlet (positive moodlet).
The only bad thing that's happening is that there is a Gnome spawning glitch and you will keep getting them. I opened my family inventory the other day and had 36 - that's not including the 2 in his personal inventory and the 3 I had already placed on the lot.

If you have the original Mysterious Mr. Gnome, they can breed with him. I have a toddler and child Gnome on one of my lots from a pairing.

mljones88

Anmirla wrote:He is just like any other Gnome as far as popping around the lot, turning on the TV and stereo, changing positions, but...
he and the Cranstan Boonitz (Magician Gnome) will sometimes give a moodlet (positive moodlet).
The only bad thing that's happening is that there is a Gnome spawning glitch and you will keep getting them. I opened my family inventory the other day and had 36 - that's not including the 2 in his personal inventory and the 3 I had already placed on the lot.

If you have the original Mysterious Mr. Gnome, they can breed with him. I have a toddler and child Gnome on one of my lots from a pairing.

Wow, I didn't know the gnomes could procreate. Whenever I get one of the lounge gnomes it causes my high level sim to mess up the entire time she has the positive moodlet. I have a singer still doing sing-o-grams and I am afraid she will catch fire and expire. I sell the gnome as soon as I find them...and I don't let me sim view, kick or name them.
Anmirla

mljones88 wrote:
Anmirla wrote:He is just like any other Gnome as far as popping around the lot, turning on the TV and stereo, changing positions, but...

Wow, I didn't know the gnomes could procreate. Whenever I get one of the lounge gnomes it causes my high level sim to mess up the entire time she has the positive moodlet. I have a singer still doing sing-o-grams and I am afraid she will catch fire and expire. I sell the gnome as soon as I find them...and I don't let me sim view, kick or name them.

With Generations, Gnomes can have families. They age transition and die like Sims.

There is a toddler, child (behind Magi Gnome on right) and an elder in this pic:

This toddler pic is just too cute (had to move him away from the rest to get a good shot):

An elder and an adult:

A gravestone (there is a child on the bottom left):

I don't have a teen yet.

It seems only the Mysterious Mr. Gnome will age and die, but can breed with the ST Gnomes.

Cinebar

Maybe this one and those from ST, spawn too much because when they did start spawning in one of my lots, my game started freezing. Sims got corrupted the game was freezing every few seconds and I kept getting them until it made the game unplayable. The only way to save them (my Sims) was to move them a new fresh game.

I don't have WA so maybe this just happened to me because of coding with them that isn't present in ST (but should be) to control them more from spawning that might be in the coding of WA?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/09/12 02:53 PM

trokketille

Ok, so theres a spawning glitch? That sure explains a lot - I did experience severe lagging before, but after I started removing/selling the gnomes and applied the overwatch mod, the game runs fairly well again. I guess it was very useful in the beginning to get all these gnomes, selling them gave my first sim an easier start since you get 1000 simoleons per gnome
Hahaha, I did NOT know that the gnomes could procreate! How does that happen?
trokketille

mljones88 wrote:

Wait, the gnome has negative effects on your singer sim? Does it affect the rest of the household as well? A series of really wierd (and often negative) things happens to one of the kids in my game, but I never thought it might be caused by the gnomes..
Anmirla

trokketille wrote:Hahaha, I did NOT know that the gnomes could procreate! How does that happen?

You see when two Gnomes love one another...

These two were always away from the rest and couldn't keep their little ceramic hands off of one another:

Dad is making up for there not being an Acrobat Gnome:

Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: