Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
And you wonder why the simguru's don't post.......  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
reecehammond

As most people know a few days ago SimGuruSemedi/Graham, posted on the topic: SimGuru's, Where Are You? The Sims 3 is Failing. and got totally pounced on then simmers start saying the simguru's never post on the forums and you act like you don't know why, well its quite obvious that they don't like getting screamed demands at and totally having their post taken the wrong way and people saying stuff like long post so little info etc..... and you wonder why they never post maybe have a think about that before you harass them they are just trying to do their darn jobs....
K, Thanks.....

Hey everyone
I Have been a simmer for about 7 year now (i'm 15 and i started when i was 8.) i <3 the sims so much, add or gift me i won't bite x
Mychuckyboy

People really need to stop it with jumping down EA's throat. I'm not exactly thrilled with the bugs or the upcoming stuff pack, but I'm not going to verbally attack them because of this. If people have questions or statements they should find a way to politely come out with them, not start screaming. Screaming at someone never solves the issue, its just escalates it.
XKidsInLoveX

Maybe if they listened to the simmers like they claim to do, and stopped releasing crap SP's.....

Mychuckyboy

XKidsInLoveX wrote:Maybe if they listened to the simmers like they claim to do, and stopped releasing crap SP's.....

I'm not trying to start anything, but that is your personal opinion. Everyone has there own, and while you think some Stuff Packs are crap, others might think they have some really useful items.

And you can't pull the they don't listen card. That can't be used after they gave us Generations when people were roaring about family interaction, and pets.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/10/12 03:07 AM

XKidsInLoveX

Mychuckyboy wrote:
XKidsInLoveX wrote:Maybe if they listened to the simmers like they claim to do, and stopped releasing crap SP's.....

I'm not trying to start anything, but that is your personal opinion. Everyone has there own, and while you think some Stuff Packs are crap, others might think they have some really useful items.

And you can't pull the they don't listen card. That can't be used after they gave us Generations when people were roaring about family interaction, and pets.

Well, the general consensus is that the KP stuff pack is crap...
Also, how long have people been begging for magic, weather, real apartments, open for business, university ect. And how long have people been begging and begging for a child/toddler/elder stuff pack and yet we get this KP stuff pack when this is exactly what a lot of people said they didnt want...

dark5id3

XKidsInLoveX wrote:
Mychuckyboy wrote:

Also, how long have people been begging for magic, weather, real apartments, open for business, university ect. And how long have people been begging and begging for a child/toddler/elder stuff pack and yet we get this KP stuff pack when this is exactly what a lot of people said they didnt want...

The gurus have no control over any of that stuff and shouldn't be treated rudely
because you feel like you're not getting what you want. All the gurus can do is
pass on what we say and then we can all hope EA will listen but if they don't, it's not the gurus fault.

calmorezoo

agree with this they are always saying on the live chats that they come on the forum and view and value what we have said and like the ideas we come up with!
Then Why did they ignore us and go ahead with the simport ,the changes to the my page and this rediculous kp stuff?

While I also agree with the op of this thread too that being rude and agressive is not the way to get your views across.

I fully understand that this game is in a mess and EA still havent fixed the glitches from WA and also a whole load of the store items are causing more issues with the game.

Julia526

And, just to add why they dont post much, they have full time jobs, and lives, and promotional tours for some. Its not like they can come on a topic and what for replies

Mychuckyboy

XKidsInLoveX wrote:
Mychuckyboy wrote:

I won't argue there, this new KP stuff pack is not setting well with me, but that isn't to say every SP is bad. Magic came back with the store, and, as from rumors and files, is coming in an actual expansion pack. I don't know about the rest, I'm not EA, maybe there having issues, or maybe they don't want to release them. I to am praying for weather, apartments, real business, and other things, but I can calmly wait, and if they don't release these, at least there are other things to do.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/10/12 03:18 AM

XKidsInLoveX

I just wanna say that i dont think they should be literally attacked but i mean they ARE developers and can answer our questions. If they were around more often and answered questions on a regular basis instead of hiding, they probably wouldnt be attacked.

XKidsInLoveX

Mychuckyboy wrote:
XKidsInLoveX wrote:
Mychuckyboy wrote:

I won't argue there, this new KP stuff pack is not setting well with me, but that isn't to say every SP is bad. Magic came back with the store, and, as from rumors and files, is coming in an actual expansion pack. The others you mentioned people have been asking for, but EA can't give everyone what they want. Again, I'm not arguing, just stating my point of view.

Oh i know and im not arguing with you, im not even frustrated lol. Im just trying to say i can understand why some get upset and take it out on the gurus, i mean im not one to do so, but its easy to see why when they do when the producers and developers do give us a lot of content thats the exact opposite of what we ask for -- know what i mean? (cough cough) social interactions in game (cough cough)

Jarsie9

If any of you are interested, the post the OP is referring to is this one:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/526460.page

It's about halfway down the page. It's quite a long read. Yes, the fan reaction to SimGuru Semedi's post was less than stellar. Bascally, the reaction was: "He wrote so much but said so little", and "It would have been better if he'd said nothing at all", and this one which is priceless: He was accused of toeing the Party Line....meaning that he was parroting EA with his reply.

Ya know, ya gotta wonder about some people and where their mindset is. Clearly, the only way that they can relate to a SimGuru or any EA representative is to confront them, and clearly they expect the SimGuru to justify their actions when it comes to this game. Well, that's not gonna happen, nor should it. While people start slamming the SG's for being more active on Twitter or Facebook, they should bear in mind that the Twitter fans, at least, don't give 'em hell, whereas the ones on *this* website do.

And frankly, if I were them, and I got treated the way they do by the so-called "Fans", I'd stay away from here to and hang around Twitter.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
Mychuckyboy

XKidsInLoveX wrote:
Mychuckyboy wrote:
XKidsInLoveX wrote:
Mychuckyboy wrote:

I won't argue there, this new KP stuff pack is not setting well with me, but that isn't to say every SP is bad. Magic came back with the store, and, as from rumors and files, is coming in an actual expansion pack. The others you mentioned people have been asking for, but EA can't give everyone what they want. Again, I'm not arguing, just stating my point of view.

Oh i know and im not arguing with you, im not even frustrated lol. Im just trying to say i can understand why some get upset and take it out on the gurus, i mean im not one to do so, but its easy to see why when they do when the producers and developers do give us a lot of content thats the exact opposite of what we ask for -- know what i mean? (cough cough) social interactions in game (cough cough)
I can see where your coming from. I guess some people think that since there a part of the EA team, they can go after them if they have a complaint. While it isn't right to do so, I can understand why people get so upset.
Eden777

The gurus are just people, just employees. I'm fairly certain they have nothing to do with how EA decides to conduct business.

On a side note, I was just so amazed. I looked up the definition of the word "crap" and right there in black and white, it said "Sweet Treats Stuff Pack." Who would have thought?

blunote00

Location:Council Bluffs, IA. - Originally from the south.☺ I've worked in IT 27+yrs & ♥ ♪Jazz♪

Jarsie9 wrote:If any of you are interested, the post the OP is referring to is this one:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/526460.page

It's about halfway down the page. It's quite a long read. Yes, the fan reaction to SimGuru Semedi's post was less than stellar. Bascally, the reaction was: "He wrote so much but said so little", and "It would have been better if he'd said nothing at all", and this one which is priceless: He was accused of toeing the Party Line....meaning that he was parroting EA with his reply.

Ya know, ya gotta wonder about some people and where their mindset is. Clearly, the only way that they can relate to a SimGuru or any EA representative is to confront them, and clearly they expect the SimGuru to justify their actions when it comes to this game. Well, that's not gonna happen, nor should it. While people start slamming the SG's for being more active on Twitter or Facebook, they should bear in mind that the Twitter fans, at least, don't give 'em hell, whereas the ones on *this* website do.

And frankly, if I were them, and I got treated the way they do by the so-called "Fans", I'd stay away from here to and hang around Twitter.

FYI - If you want to link to that actual post there is a little piece of paper next to the date that will give you the link.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/526460.page#8224

At my age competence is a turn on!
♥No longer offering Tech Support!♥

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: