Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Exception raised error! HELP ME PLEASE?  XML
Forum Index » Mac Discussions
bellamia1426

been trying to open the launcher to play the game but it comes up with this message every time and no matter what i press it still doesn't open:

'exception raised unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x00000000. do you wish to debug it? yes or no....

please help me?
Panio

Press yes. That should work.

bellamia1426

I pressed yes, it closed the error code so i tried to launch it again and the same message appeared...
MelHope1230

I have been reading up on this. I too have a Mac and whenever I open my Decor misc tab it does the same. All I can find is that it's most likely from bad CC. I have had CC in my game no prob then I downloaded a couple more things. After that I can play but not open that one tab. I took out the newest CC but it still does it. I've cleared the cache files reloaded the thumbnails deleted many files with no avail. The only thing I haven't done (which is EA's answer to all Mac problems) is reinstall. I refuse to uninstall all my EP's, SP's and the base game to reinstall and enter in all the keys. I guess this is a Mac only problem, which leads me to believe that we will never get a clear answer. With that being said I can still play my game just not use the misc decor. You may want to try to reinstall with no CC(if you have it) and try that since you can't play at all. Also if you ever do download CC or Mods make sure they are updated since I think that's what happened with me. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. i just don't think there is one...
missamazing2008

(Story of my life right here.) 0u0

In your Electronic Arts folder, rename your "The Sims 3" folder "OLDThe Sims 3"

And hit play, your CC and Saved games will be gone but hopefully you'll get like 2 days of gameplay in because EA has no Mac support.

athenamae

I am actually dealing with this issue currently. I was trying to avoid reinstalling, but using the toilet tab and the skills item tabs was causing crashing.

I actually went ahead and removed everything, and uninstalled all the games. since on a mac that is what they suggest once you have tried removing all cc and all store content. The problem is now actually worse. before I could play if I avoided those sections, now I can't even get the launcher to start. It is extremely un-nerving since EA support is zero help. And when I do what they suggest and it does not work, they just kick me out of the chat window.
holstar22

I have the same problem when I try to start up the game

This error comes up straight away when i click on the game icon. It doesn't even take me to the game launcher. I have tryed uninstalling the game (pets) then reinstalling it but nothing works.
Anthonydyer

I had this problem, then i contacted customer support and they sent me a link to an update, since it would not show up in my game launcher. I installed the update, and now the game runs mostly. At first i could not load any account. Now i get the error a lot less.
janaygirl54321

1: make sure all your mods are updated

2: make sure your computer is up to date

3: download twallan's errortrap and overwatch. These mods will make your game load and will catch and correct errors

4: restart your computer

5: make copies of your mods folder (if you have one) your downloads folder, and your saves folder and then re-install. put these folders back to where they belong once you have reinstalled. for the downloads folder, you will have to manually double click each file to put them back.

Hope one of these things help!

<iframe name="cleverbot" width=540 height=340 allowtransparency=true frameborder=1 scrolling=no src="http://www.cleverbot.com/cleverbotif"><
/iframe>

Forum Index » Mac Discussions
Go to: