Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Hmmm... Country missing out?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Amberheart

On the release date I bought the Katy Perry Collectors Edition of Showtime and thought it was really cool that it came with a real life poster and real life guitar picks. However, upon opening it I found no guitar picks. After many emails with the EA support I finally hear back, today.
Notification to The SimsTM 3 Showtime Katy Perry Collector’s Edition Customers: Please be aware that this title included a small print error on the back cover of the pack. The exclusive content description should not have included guitar picks. Exclusive items that are offered include the Katy Perry Poster, located inside the pack and in-game Katy Perry themed outfits and stage props. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope that you continue to enjoy The SimsTM 3 Showtime Katy Perry Collector’s Edition!

I also got a message saying that [My support person] felt this wasn’t sufficient and went back to [EA Games] and they would like to reward [me] for being such a great Sims fan by offering [me] some Sims points for the online Sims store. To do this they have asked [the support people] to get [my] thesims3.com username and pass this onto them along with [my] email address so they can contact [me] directly in regards to this.

I don't know about you, but this just seems ridiculous to me. I paid the same amount as people in other countries did, only to get less. And their offer to fix this is to give me more virtual stuff rather than a physical item that was promised? The box even said on it that I got guitar picks.

Pick up the slack, EA Games! People paid for things and they want what they paid for!
jbeluk

I agree.
Gazette

if its in writing on the box and they do not deliver it is illegal for them not to provide what they advertised. Contact their legal department if u want the picks.
Amberheart

Gazette wrote:if its in writing on the box and they do not deliver it is illegal for them not to provide what they advertised. Contact their legal department if u want the picks.

I'd rather not have to contact their legal department to be honest, it's sort of a last resort thing. I think it's ridiculous that because of my country I don't get what other people got, even though I paid the same price.
FlamingoKicker1

I must have a later release cause I don't see any mention of a pick on my box but really does Katy Perry play the guitar?

I thought she just sang but I guess they couldn't stuff a vocal chord in the box.
princesspdt

Amberheart wrote:On the release date I bought the Katy Perry Collectors Edition of Showtime and thought it was really cool that it came with a real life poster and real life guitar picks. However, upon opening it I found no guitar picks. After many emails with the EA support I finally hear back, today.
Notification to The SimsTM 3 Showtime Katy Perry Collector’s Edition Customers: Please be aware that this title included a small print error on the back cover of the pack. The exclusive content description should not have included guitar picks. Exclusive items that are offered include the Katy Perry Poster, located inside the pack and in-game Katy Perry themed outfits and stage props. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope that you continue to enjoy The SimsTM 3 Showtime Katy Perry Collector’s Edition!

I also got a message saying that [My support person] felt this wasn’t sufficient and went back to [EA Games] and they would like to reward [me] for being such a great Sims fan by offering [me] some Sims points for the online Sims store. To do this they have asked [the support people] to get [my] thesims3.com username and pass this onto them along with [my] email address so they can contact [me] directly in regards to this.

I don't know about you, but this just seems ridiculous to me. I paid the same amount as people in other countries did, only to get less. And their offer to fix this is to give me more virtual stuff rather than a physical item that was promised? The box even said on it that I got guitar picks.

Pick up the slack, EA Games! People paid for things and they want what they paid for!

They never said anything about, because you live in so,and so country. It was a misprint on the box, so according to this, No one got a guitar pick, and above user agree, I've never seen Katy Perry pick up a guitar.

No
Rainywill5

that is why i never buy the special editions, not that i'd want a Katy Perry poster, i'm not that fussed on her....perhaps i could use it to line the dog's crate though lol

Amberheart

FlamingoKicker1 wrote:I must have a later release cause I don't see any mention of a pick on my box but really does Katy Perry play the guitar?

I thought she just sang but I guess they couldn't stuff a vocal chord in the box.

She has played guitar in a few concerts, but the guitar picks were mainly a promotional item.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6oaXe2lw1Q - is a video of her playing as an example.

princesspdt wrote:
They never said anything about, because you live in so,and so country. It was a misprint on the box, so according to this, No one got a guitar pick, and above user agree, I've never seen Katy Perry pick up a guitar.

Even though they say it isn't for my country, I've seen posts from people who say that theirs came with guitar picks who live in the UK and other countries. However, for New Zealand (and some other places) it comes back with "No, sorry, none for you."

Rainywill5 wrote:that is why i never buy the special editions, not that i'd want a Katy Perry poster, i'm not that fussed on her....perhaps i could use it to line the dog's crate though lol

I'm not too fussed about her either to be honest, it's mainly the fact that I paid something but didn't receive what I ordered.
Rainywill5

yes that's rough, you paid so therefore you should have gotten it, i feel bad for you

Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: