Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Help!!! My Sims Look So Fake!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
Author Message
LuckySimmer


Joined: 03/18/12 07:19 AM
Messages: 25
Offline

Hi I've had Sims 2 since i was 7 and and about 2 years ago i got THE SIMS 3 when i have created them and thy have all looked so fake .I've seen images of really beautiful and detailed Sims and i was wondering if anybody could give me soms tips on making detailed pets,Sims,and houses hope somebody can help!






Also if some ppl cane give the links to the exchange of some bootiful sims i would be grateful!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/11/12 02:52 PM

Profile
crimsonsunsets22


Joined: 06/03/09 12:29 AM
Messages: 2556
Location:Jacksonville, FL
Offline

Do you use CC? Personally, I think a good CC skintone and eye goes a really long way in making your sims look more real. EAs skin and eyes are kind of flat, but a lot of content creators make skintones and eyes that look more realistic. Shady over at MTS makes some great eyes and contacts. You can find some good skins at MTS as well. There is also some makeup you can find that adds more definition to your Sim's face.

Profile
LuckySimmer


Joined: 03/18/12 07:19 AM
Messages: 25
Offline

Yer i do use CC, thanks for the tips eyes n skin Is MTS mod the sims.....if so does mod the sims work the same as the the exchange?




Profile
ShyButAStar


Joined: 04/09/12 08:17 PM
Messages: 48
Location:District 2, Panem
Offline

LuckySimmer wrote:Yer i do use CC, thanks for the tips eyes n skin Is MTS mod the sims.....if so does mod the sims work the same as the the exchange?






Hi, I'm ShyButAStar. Yes it stands for mod the sims and I'm not sure but I think for mod the sims you have to register. And also a website for hair is PeggyZone. I don't know much about it sorry, but be careful with CC because I accidentally downloaded...well.....a naked suit. For girls. Young adult and adult. I screamed when I saw I had it (downloaded lots of sims from the exchange...) Well it wasnt really a suit but still me and my friend were aging up our toddler and she turned out with a bum like covering her whole body but her face. My friend was like "Da heck?"

If we burn, you burn with us ~ Catching Fire
Profile
Rayshizzie


Joined: 02/24/10 08:36 PM
Messages: 2623
Location:Westeros~ Somewhere North Of The Wall~
Offline

I glad you posted this because I was wandering the same thing... Although I try not to use any cc (I do use nail polish because for some reason it drives me nuts that my lady sims' hands look so plain) because I've had a REALLY bad experience with it, I might actually look into the skin cc...and maybe even the contacts, thanks op and crimson!

Profile
Rayshizzie


Joined: 02/24/10 08:36 PM
Messages: 2623
Location:Westeros~ Somewhere North Of The Wall~
Offline

ShyButAStar wrote:
LuckySimmer wrote:Yer i do use CC, thanks for the tips eyes n skin Is MTS mod the sims.....if so does mod the sims work the same as the the exchange?






Hi, I'm ShyButAStar. Yes it stands for mod the sims and I'm not sure but I think for mod the sims you have to register. And also a website for hair is PeggyZone. I don't know much about it sorry, but be careful with CC because I accidentally downloaded...well.....a naked suit. For girls. Young adult and adult. I screamed when I saw I had it (downloaded lots of sims from the exchange...) Well it wasnt really a suit but still me and my friend were aging up our toddler and she turned out with a bum like covering her whole body but her face. My friend was like "Da heck?"


SAME thing happened to me! And my newborn babies had like crazy long arms sticking out of their heads going all the way into outer space! Eeeks!

Profile
crimsonsunsets22


Joined: 06/03/09 12:29 AM
Messages: 2556
Location:Jacksonville, FL
Offline

LuckySimmer wrote:Yer i do use CC, thanks for the tips eyes n skin Is MTS mod the sims.....if so does mod the sims work the same as the the exchange?


MTS is Mod the Sims, yes. It kind of works the same as the exchange, but it's slightly different. For one, you need to register in order to download anything. Registration is free, basically all you need is a username and password. You can browse the site all you want, but if you see somethin you're interested in downloading, you'll need to register. Also, the exchange uses sims3pack files, which install through your Sims launcher. On MTS, most of the files you'll see to download are .package files. With sims3pack files, you can simply download the file and click install from your launcher and you're done. .package files work a little differently in that you'll have to move them into your mods folder yourself. This is actually a lot easier than it sounds, and MTS also has a tutorial on that here:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_
Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files


Basically, once you get the framework that's mentioned in that tutorial, you'll be able to download any .package file and just save it into your mods folder and voila! You're modded

Profile
Blissinator


Joined: 12/04/11 02:02 AM
Messages: 657
Offline

Exchange is evil and full of bad cc so if you want cc
I would recommend - http://www.sims3updates.net/

This site is good about not putting anything sketchy on it




Profile
xtine1012


Joined: 09/30/10 06:41 AM
Messages: 786
Offline

i use cc from the exchange with ease. the only thing i ever got that was bad cc was the horse body.

Profile
simsgal2227


Joined: 07/13/09 05:33 AM
Messages: 13696
Location:In my mind, wanting out
Offline

Well, it looks like everyone answered your questions, but I have lots of sims if you'd like to check them out .

This siggy isn't a siggy.
Profile
butterflop98


Joined: 03/29/12 04:29 AM
Messages: 83
Location:Down Under! ♥
Offline

Unless I'm looking for something in particular, I always download from the exchange to get heaps of CC. But then I always come across the clothes for adults hat make toddlers glitch.
Profile
LuckySimmer


Joined: 03/18/12 07:19 AM
Messages: 25
Offline

simsgal2227 wrote:Well, it looks like everyone answered your questions, but I have lots of sims if you'd like to check them out .



Yea that'd be great!
Profile
 
Post Reply Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
Go to: