Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Want to have more building objects/tools for the game.  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
yanti68

I would love to have more building stuff in the game. Things like:

Log cabin windows

Skylights

CAS-able chimneys

CAS-able roofs

Thatched roofs

Storybook style roofs with decorations

slanted ceilings with slanted windows

Reflective /glassy floors

Circular steps

Glass roofs (in doom shape)

Greenhouse

Slider for adjusting the width for arches

Curved walls

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 04/17/12 08:03 AM

tlc10175

Agreed! Also would like to see Second Empire roofs. =) and cookie cutter accessories/decor to make the roofs more interesting. o.O

sadielover123

You can make skylights by not putting on the roof on a particular section, also you can use the small bamboo garden fence

starnex

This is a log cabin-esque window

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3
:45653&categoryId=11566&scategoryId=11573&pcategoryId=11567

It's not quite rustic enough for my liking, it looks a bit too "clean" but you might like it
Writin_Reg

I would be happy if all the windows allowed light through them. It stinks to add a window that works perfectly with the overall design and have it either not allow light or worse - make the room turn even darker. What is up with that anyway?

We do have circular stairs - so I am wondering if you mean the semi curved mansions style entry stairs we had in sims 1 and Sims 2? But you are definitely right requesting more type of stairs - like I would love a set of the garden circular stairs for house entrances and stairs that curve to one side - both a left one and a right one, and lastly castle tower type circular stairs. Those ones we have now look just plain stupid in a castle tower. lastly stair landings at various heights that the stairs will actually work with. Sims 3 stairs are incredibly hard to work with compared to the stairs in Sims 2. Why is this? Outside they want to sink in the ground - constantly so it takes a lot of tinkering with to make them work.

I definitely agree the sims team needs to do some bit of tweaking or overhauling in build mode and at least give us the options we had in Sims 2 - why go backwards?

yanti68

I meant log cabin windows like this (see the photo. It is the window on the left of the pic):

http://www.sierraloghomes.com/articles/riverside

yanti68

sadielover123 wrote:You can make skylights by not putting on the roof on a particular section, also you can use the small bamboo garden fence

I know that but it does not have the same effect as a real skylight. Specially the ones which looks like as if the sim can open and close.

walkingstick

I totally agree. Especially about the roofs and chimneys. It can't be that hard to make them re-colourable.

I'd also love to be able to make curved walls.

gamekitten

walkingstick wrote:I totally agree. Especially about the roofs and chimneys. It can't be that hard to make them re-colourable.

I'd also love to be able to make curved walls.

Curved Walls would be wonderful indeed.

SuttiPutt

Love have a rounded room slider,colorable rocks, colorable patio texture,colorable flowers,I agree about all windows showing light through them.short stairs for inside or out,glass roofs,gazebo roofs and better fencing and doors.stain glass windows that can be recolored,not only the trim and medium size windows instead of too big or small as well as different garage door designs.
KarinL

Writin_Reg wrote:I would be happy if all the windows allowed light through them. It stinks to add a window that works perfectly with the overall design and have it either not allow light or worse - make the room turn even darker.

Since WA the lighting has been messed up and never truly fixed. I hate it that adding a light or a window makes the room go dark - I understand they tweaked the lighting for tombs, so that lightless/windowless tombs are lighter.
Frankly, I'd prefer my tombs to be a bit too dark to see in if that means my rooms in normal houses look normal again.
I recently reinstalled, and the lighting in the unpatched basegame was beautiful. I want that back.

Also, I remember at some point lights wouldn't be 'cut off' at ceilings/lot edges if it wasn't blocked by anything. Street lamps would shine on the lot next to them, and in two-story rooms the light wouldn't suddenly be cut off where the ceiling is suspposed to be.
I want that back, too!

Other than that, I'd love:
- mansion-type curved stairs
- stair landings, or u-shaped and l-shaped staircases
- semi-circular 'terrace type' stairs for mansion entrances

I don't mind if some of the stair types aren't modular. I like the option of modular stairs, but I would also love to have some stairs in more interesting shapes even if that means they can't adjust height.
I'd prefer the landings of different heights with modular stairs, but if that isn't possible, non-modular l-shaped and u-shaped stairs would be my second choice.
(Writin_Reg - modular stairs adapt to the height of the foundation, but they can only adjust in increments of one 'stair step - that's why they sink in the ground so often...)

I also would love to see:
- porch railings with ceiling trim
- more roof deco, gingerbread trim, drainpipes and gutters
- mansion roofs
- dormers that really work as windows
- more roof options - thatch, metal, old clay tile, weathered shingles...

And yes, please do something about those ugly red chimney stacks.

candy8

I would like to have some nice windows Colonial, and Victorian. Oh yes, and while you are at it, please, please, make some nice curtains that FIT the windows.

I also think it would be nice if EA made Stairs that you could just put in with out having to go through all the cheat stuff. That is a pain in the ***. I am not good at it. I think it would be nice if we could just attach the garages to the foundations I hate having to use all those cheats to accomplish this.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/14/12 11:27 AM

bananaholic

Curved walls and recolorable chimneys and roofs would be excellent!

Made by the awesome stikystuff:
carla70

I would love to pattern the roofs , would love to have a recoloring of the grounds in the whole land as well as recolor the roads and sidewalks.
yanti68

Wonderful ideas everyone. I LOVE all of them. Keep them coming!

Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: