Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Etiquette on bad cc  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
horrorfan1980s

Sorry if this has already been asked. I downloaded a sim from the exchange that turned out to have several bits of bad cc in it. It had loads of downloads and recs too.

I've now removed it all, but would it be right to message the creator to let them know that their upload has this on it? Or is it futile, as they don't seem to have been active for several months? It's just that their sim has over 40,000 downloads, and I don't want other people to get that stuff.

Nik24X7

I usually don't bother to attempt to contact the creator simply because I don't want to have to befriend someone simply to be able to message them. Besides, if the item has tons of downloads and recommendations, chances are they don't want to remove it from their studio. For me, I just make a note of it and don't download from that creator again. Chances are, if one item has bad CC, the others in their studio do too.

Here is what I do now:

1. Use the Save As option which is next to the green arrow. I save the Sims3Pack file to my Desktop.
2. I use the Multi-Extractor program from MTS to open the Sims3Pack file and export the packages within it to a temporary folder that I've created.
3. I run Delphy's Dashboard program pointing to that temporary folder. it reports on what is contained in the folder. It allows me to delete the bad CC and other items I do not desire (makeup, accessories, etc.). I then close the Dashboard program. The deleted packages are now gone from the temporary folder.
4. I move the remaining packages in the temporary folder to my Mods/Packages folder.

That's it! Next time I start up the game, the new items will appear in game. They won't be visible in the launcher, however. FYI. This process might sound complicated but it's actually rather simple.

Best Regards,
Nik

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/12/12 11:22 PM

horrorfan1980s

Thanks a lot for the response. I will be taking your advice.

EIisabetta

If it's really bad, I report it. But I now check all CC I download (especially sims and households) in dashboard.

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: