Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Another to report simsample?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Sneakfeline0

I saw this on the exchange today simsample:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5511274

Does it need to be reported? I assume so as you didn't appear to upload this version..
simsample

Thanks Sneakfeline0, I was aware of it as many people have contacted me, and no it was not me that uploaded it. I have no idea who that person is.

However, the world seems to be intact and has the same lot count and file size as my original version, so I don't think there's a problem if people download it. I know at least two people have reported it, I don't know if it will make any difference to report it again.

It's only had five recommendations! Should I be worried?

Thanks for letting me know, it's not somthing that's really a problem- it could have been worse, someone could have uploaded a neon pink world with one lot and put my name to it!

Thank you anyway, and thanks for all who have reported it and alerted me.
Crimsonrain

Simsample, I don't think you should be worrying over the lack of recommendations. I didn't rec'ed it because I refuse to recommend a stolen item. Perhaps others feel the same way too. But if you ever reload the world to your studio you'll sure have a recommendation from me

simsample

I was only joking, Crimsonrain- I know people probably won't rec a world that isn't created by the uploader.

Thanks for the compliment!
Crimsonrain

MsPrissy88

So, a dumb question here:

I'm creating a world and once I upload it to the exchange, am I at risk of someone going into CaW to change what I've done? I mean, HOW can someone recreate what you've done?

(like i said - dumb question)

katana_x

Oh, the elusive comma. I thought someone was talking about reporting simsample.

@MsPrissy88, there are ways of opening a downloaded world in CaW.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/14/12 07:33 AM

simsample

MsPrissy88 wrote:
I'm creating a world and once I upload it to the exchange, am I at risk of someone going into CaW to change what I've done?

In this case, no-one has done that- this creator has just uploaded my world intact without changing anything, as I hadn't uploaded it to the exchange.

For my worlds, I always share the CAW files anyway- meaning that anyone can change it and upload it or do whatever they like.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/14/12 08:05 AM

Sneakfeline0

sorry for the missing comma katana_x, as simsample is one of the nicest & smartest CAWsters, I don't think there'll be anyone reporting simsample
simsample

Awww! *Hugs Sneakfeline*
I dunno about smart, but I try to be nice!
katana_x

Sneakfeline0 wrote:sorry for the missing comma katana_x, as simsample is one of the nicest & smartest CAWsters, I don't think there'll be anyone reporting simsample

No need to be sorry, I was only playing.
simsample

katana_x wrote:
No need to be sorry, I was only playing.

Thank goodness for that!
Writin_Reg

I am guilty of the same thought. I was like "report Simsample? What on earth for?" So I had to look as i could not imagine anyone feeling a need to report someone who is so helpful on these and MTS boards. I was almost relieved that sneakfeline was reporting someone "stealing" Simsamples work. I swear I actually made a sigh of relief, as I know reported simmers often get banned. I had no clue who I might send simmers to, looking for certain CAW help without Simsample.

Whew - I feel angry at someone installing Simsamples world when it was clearly not wanted to be put on the exchange, but even moreso happy that dear Simsample is still "intact" here on the forum board.

Does that make sense? I think I need more coffee....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/15/12 05:26 PM

simsample

Thanks, Writin_Reg!

*Buys Writin_Reg a coffee*
tjstreak

In the description, Sim Sample is credited. So, it really isn't even plagarism.

On the other hand, I really don't understand why someone would simply upload someone else's work. Probably just a fanboy.

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: