Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
can i disable imaginary friends?  XML
Forum Index » Generations
GARRICK20

well im getting annoyed with having imaginary friends following my sims around with that stupid walk they do and always walking into to bathroom when my sim is showering. you carnt even just leave them in the inventory as a pop up comes up saying the sim is looseing friendship with him. is there a way to disable them so that my sims wont get them when they turn into a child?
emilyfenty

Location:a place where coffee is aimlessly given to passers by

Oh I wish you could disable them! The most annoying things ever. What I do is move it from the kids inventory to the parents, you get a message every now again saying "so and so wants to come out and play..." but you don't get anything else.

COME JOIN US AT:
GARRICK20

arrrr gosh thats so bad EA should sort it out we carnt even delete the bloody things lol
TINA180

Yes there's a way!..Make your child bury it in a sandbox.. Pft Gone! Lol

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/13/12 07:50 PM

keene61

I don't think you can. The best thing you can do is ignore them. Have you tried deleting them from the kid's or parent's inventories?

emilyfenty

Location:a place where coffee is aimlessly given to passers by

I've tried to delete, but no you can't delete them. You can't even put them in the family inventory

COME JOIN US AT:
GARRICK20

hahaha bury it in a sandbox love it ill have to give that a go. yeah i tryed to delete it but theres no way itll let you errrrr
mylee407

Well you could leave it in the mailbox until the baby is a child then it's just a toy

I'n no wicked witch and neither is she: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentI
d=443719
cameranutz2

Can't delete it via the game but there is a mod that will deal with the horrid thing.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=444659

GARRICK20

iv never get it out from the mailbox before for some reason the sims just pull it out from behide them and start to play with it dont know where it comes from
secretuk1965

GARRICK20 wrote:well im getting annoyed with having imaginary friends following my sims around with that stupid walk they do and always walking into to bathroom when my sim is showering. you carnt even just leave them in the inventory as a pop up comes up saying the sim is looseing friendship with him. is there a way to disable them so that my sims wont get them when they turn into a child?

just out it back in your sims inventory , they will forget about it when they reach a teen.

MissCee

Make sure testingcheatsenabled true cheat is turned on.

Set the IMF out of inventory and place on the ground/floor.

Might be the CTRL key, but I believe I use Shift key and left mouse click on IMF to bring up the "Object" blurb and choose delete.

No more IMF. No need to purchase a sandbox. No need for a mod.

Hope this helps.

Blessings,
MissCee
GARRICK20

secretuk1965 iv tried a few times to put it back into there inventory but it wont go back in seem like when there out there out for good

im not so keen on using cheats MissCee but thanks ill keep it in mind if it makes me more angry lol
GARRICK20

cameranutz2 oooo i didnt know they did mods for things like that i guess they got one for everything now you could make the hole game different lol
debbyj9557

I agree they are annoying.

The best way I found to get rid of them is to set them down and then place it in another family members inventory. It will sit there indefintely but at least you dont have to see it and your child will eventually not be friends with it.

Forum Index » Generations
Go to: