Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
This is my Opinion  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Author Message
KatyPerry1400


Joined: 01/22/12 04:00 PM
Messages: 100
Offline

I am going to share with you my opinion on the forthcoming SP for The Sims 3.

There are a lot of KatyCats and Non-KatyCats and obviously EA have taken a shine to Katy Perry and are interested in her style and appearances because they seem to want her to be a part of this new SP. For those of you who don't know, Katy Perry appeared in the latest EP, The Sims 3 Showtime.

I totally understand that not everyone wants to see Katy Perry's face everyday on their copy of the game so I think EA should have 2 SPs made- One Katy Perry themed and one with a different theme which has nothing to do with Katy Perry. I know this would be unusual for an SP but I get you people who hate KP and wish she's never got involved with The Sims 3.

I actually really like Katy Perry. I am a KatyCat and always will be. To me she is great- maybe not the best singer but she is my favorite.

I know a lot of you are complaining but there's nothing you can do about it, seeing as there is a release date and EA are designing new objects right this very second, Katy is recording her hit song "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)"

So if you ARE complaining you'll have to wait till this SP has been released before you can bug EA about what EP or SP you want next.

Best regards
KatyPerry1400 x
Profile
Bluebeard45


Joined: 06/01/09 07:49 PM
Messages: 2279
Offline

Do feel better getting that off your chest ?.The so called complaining has been going on since the Sims hit our computers and it's not going to change so live with it.

As for her being a great artist well she is good but 70's and 80's where better.
Profile
beaglelover2008


Joined: 01/15/10 11:44 PM
Messages: 5133
Location:wtf brag

People complain because they don't want that stuff associated with the Sims. It goes beyond simply wanting to buy it, or not wanting to buy it. It just shouldn't be what the Sims game is about at all. Her clothes are inappropriate, and its just a gimmick to get more people instead of tending to the current demographic they already have. The complaining, however, wont change, and I would brace yourself because this might get a lot worse than anything I have said.




Profile
catloverplayer


Joined: 12/10/09 09:30 PM
Messages: 46889
Location:USA
Online

Hi I'm a Katy fan as well so I'm glad to be able to get her clothes and hairs in my game.
Profile
KatyPerry1400


Joined: 01/22/12 04:00 PM
Messages: 100
Offline

catloverplayer wrote:Hi I'm a Katy fan as well so I'm glad to be able to get her clothes and hairs in my game.


Yeah! I can't wait
Profile
KatyPerry1400


Joined: 01/22/12 04:00 PM
Messages: 100
Offline

beaglelover2008 wrote:People complain because they don't want that stuff associated with the Sims. It goes beyond simply wanting to buy it, or not wanting to buy it. It just shouldn't be what the Sims game is about at all. Her clothes are inappropriate, and its just a gimmick to get more people instead of tending to the current demographic they already have. The complaining, however, wont change, and I would brace yourself because this might get a lot worse than anything I have said.






Well EA decides what goes onto The Sims because they are the creators. If they decide to add Katy Perry then they can.
Profile
wizplace


Joined: 10/18/09 10:39 PM
Messages: 1883
Location:I'm right behind you :0
Offline

KatyPerry1400 wrote:
beaglelover2008 wrote:People complain because they don't want that stuff associated with the Sims. It goes beyond simply wanting to buy it, or not wanting to buy it. It just shouldn't be what the Sims game is about at all. Her clothes are inappropriate, and its just a gimmick to get more people instead of tending to the current demographic they already have. The complaining, however, wont change, and I would brace yourself because this might get a lot worse than anything I have said.






Well EA decides what goes onto The Sims because they are the creators. If they decide to add Katy Perry then they can.

Or they can switch it up and add Kim Kardaisan or Miley Cyrus. Whose worse now?

Profile
Callum9432


Joined: 08/29/09 08:52 AM
Messages: 6386
Location:Scotland
Offline

Me not liking this pack has nothing to do with Katy Perry. I'd rather not see any celebrities on the front of a Sims game

Profile
PHOEBESMOM601


Joined: 04/21/10 04:10 PM
Messages: 4342
Online

My dislike of the SP has nothing to do with KP. I just don't like any part of the content. Usually EPs and SPs have some things I like and some things I don't. I use the parts I like and ignore the rest. This SP has absolutely nothing I care for or would use.

Step outside of your comfort zone. Ask why. Don't accept,"because that's the way it's always been". Think outside the box.
Profile
stormwench


Joined: 06/06/09 04:57 PM
Messages: 4293
Location:Pacific NW
Offline

KatyPerry1400 wrote:I am going to share with you my opinion on the forthcoming SP for The Sims 3.

There are a lot of KatyCats and Non-KatyCats and obviously EA have taken a shine to Katy Perry and are interested in her style and appearances because they seem to want her to be a part of this new SP. For those of you who don't know, Katy Perry appeared in the latest EP, The Sims 3 Showtime.

I totally understand that not everyone wants to see Katy Perry's face everyday on their copy of the game so I think EA should have 2 SPs made- One Katy Perry themed and one with a different theme which has nothing to do with Katy Perry. I know this would be unusual for an SP but I get you people who hate KP and wish she's never got involved with The Sims 3.

I actually really like Katy Perry. I am a KatyCat and always will be. To me she is great- maybe not the best singer but she is my favorite.

I know a lot of you are complaining but there's nothing you can do about it, seeing as there is a release date and EA are designing new objects right this very second, Katy is recording her hit song "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)"

So if you ARE complaining you'll have to wait till this SP has been released before you can bug EA about what EP or SP you want next.

Best regards
KatyPerry1400 x


I don't think anyone missed that Katy Perry was on the box of the Katy Perry Collector edition but she did not really 'appear' in it - she was an additional download if you bought that edition. Thankfully EA let us also have the option of additional editions that were not "Katy Perry Showtime" and did not make us pay the extra to pay her. Unfortunately that is not an option with this SP - if we want the SP we get stuck with Katy.

Actually there is something EA could do about it if they wished. While there is a release date it was even more obviously from the Live Chat they put on earlier then usual that they have very few pieces done in this pack. It made it even more obvious because of that that they ditched whatever was planned and are working fast to make a KP SP that would be something that works with her. They still have enough time to stop making wallpaper and pick up on an idea or two that would make this SP more acceptable. The live chat, though, made it obvious that if Jennifer does not like the idea its not going into the SP.

As for the song - you may be all for it in your sims game, although her song in simlish probably does have that limited audience (it won't be on her next album) but for the many who could care less about the music or the singer then having that recording is not a selling point. I also doubt that many fans are going to buy the SP and the TS3 along with it to run it just for the music. No matter what Jennifer says that is what a lot of people are saying on FB now.

Its not 'hating' KP, its just that she is being shoved down on everyone. Not only has it become obvious that this SP was built to showcase KP, but that the Showtime KPC ediion was just the game with KP's name slapped on the box and a poster stuffed in it to sell to fans. They did not even incorporate KP into the game - like she would show up at performance under certain circumstances, etc - they gave people a download of her to play with if they wanted her in the game. Now the are giving KP away on the exchange. Even fans that bough KPC did not get a KP that was unique,

And, no we don't have to wait to complain until the next EP or SP. As you said it usually too late to complain once they announced an EP or SP so why would you suggest anyone wait? They need to hear from TS3 players now that KP has run her course in TS3 and that no one wants a KP Seasons or KP Magic - in other words - enough with KP. If we wait until they announce that she is going to be the headline on the next EP or that the next SP is going to be built around her again and complain then we will hear how we should have said something sooner.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/15/12 08:40 PM




Profile
darkgoddess


Joined: 05/29/09 10:47 AM
Messages: 1343
Location:Canada
Offline

PHOEBESMOM601 wrote:My dislike of the SP has nothing to do with KP. I just don't like any part of the content. Usually EPs and SPs have some things I like and some things I don't. I use the parts I like and ignore the rest. This SP has absolutely nothing I care for or would use.


^^^^ this

Profile
CopenRoad


Joined: 07/03/09 02:59 AM
Messages: 391
Location:Toronto, Ontario
Offline

PHOEBESMOM601 wrote:My dislike of the SP has nothing to do with KP. I just don't like any part of the content. Usually EPs and SPs have some things I like and some things I don't. I use the parts I like and ignore the rest. This SP has absolutely nothing I care for or would use.


Yes. Precisely why I don't like this game.

Profile
jeanamariex3


Joined: 01/29/11 04:26 AM
Messages: 1159
Location:Corner of 8 Mile XD
Offline

wizplace wrote:
KatyPerry1400 wrote:
beaglelover2008 wrote:People complain because they don't want that stuff associated with the Sims. It goes beyond simply wanting to buy it, or not wanting to buy it. It just shouldn't be what the Sims game is about at all. Her clothes are inappropriate, and its just a gimmick to get more people instead of tending to the current demographic they already have. The complaining, however, wont change, and I would brace yourself because this might get a lot worse than anything I have said.






Well EA decides what goes onto The Sims because they are the creators. If they decide to add Katy Perry then they can.

Or they can switch it up and add Kim Kardaisan or Miley Cyrus. Whose worse now?


ewww I hate Miley! And Kim Kardashian is my idol.

I am buying this too CLP and OP no matter how many people convince me it's just a gimmick and attack me for my opinion.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/15/12 10:51 PM


Profile
yoshi_dragur2012


Joined: 03/07/12 01:07 AM
Messages: 1240
Offline

Bluebeard45 wrote:Do feel better getting that off your chest ?.The so called complaining has been going on since the Sims hit our computers and it's not going to change so live with it.

As for her being a great artist well she is good but 70's and 80's where better.
^^
This
Profile
yoshi_dragur2012


Joined: 03/07/12 01:07 AM
Messages: 1240
Offline

KatyPerry1400 wrote:I am going to share with you my opinion on the forthcoming SP for The Sims 3.

There are a lot of KatyCats and Non-KatyCats and obviously EA have taken a shine to Katy Perry and are interested in her style and appearances because they seem to want her to be a part of this new SP. For those of you who don't know, Katy Perry appeared in the latest EP, The Sims 3 Showtime.

I totally understand that not everyone wants to see Katy Perry's face everyday on their copy of the game so I think EA should have 2 SPs made- One Katy Perry themed and one with a different theme which has nothing to do with Katy Perry. I know this would be unusual for an SP but I get you people who hate KP and wish she's never got involved with The Sims 3.

I actually really like Katy Perry. I am a KatyCat and always will be. To me she is great- maybe not the best singer but she is my favorite.

I know a lot of you are complaining but there's nothing you can do about it, seeing as there is a release date and EA are designing new objects right this very second, Katy is recording her hit song "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)"

So if you ARE complaining you'll have to wait till this SP has been released before you can bug EA about what EP or SP you want next.

Best regards
KatyPerry1400 x

I understand where you're comming from. But it doesn't sound as though you've ever played TS2. If you had, you would recall that EA also used KP to promote the AL EP. And that EP was my first acquaintance with KP. That EP turned out to be extrememly popular (and one of my favorites) btw.

Anyhow, I didn't mind the fact KP was being used to promote AL back then. Why? Because of the way in which she was used to promote the EP. Back then, EA still possessed tact in their marketing operations. Back then, none of the celebs (to include Drew Carey and Christina Aguilara in TS1) ever had their images shamelessly slapped onto an EP/SP. Each EP and SP always had something of value that appealed to the majority of the fanbase. Each EP and SP were never designed to specifically target a niche section of the fan base---the way Sweet Treats has to date.

None of the past celebs EA has used were ever so over exploited to the point where they over saturated an EP/SP theme. And to date, none of the EP/SPs have ever had such a compeltely unrealistic pricing scheme.

And what really turns me off from the way she was used to market ST and now Sweet Treats, is the fact EA is blatantly passing the royalty costs for her branding/celebrity onto the fan base.

So depending on how many EP/SPs EA intends to make for TS3, you've lost out on a SP (and EP if you include ST). Unless of course, you happen to be a super KP cat fan, and will buy virtually anything with her name associated with it
Profile
 
Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Go to: