Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Meteor!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
NRowe

Didn't get any pics, but my Sim was at work in the Soil and Water Research Facility in Riverview when scary music comes on and the post says (in Red) "Janet wonders why it got dark all of a sudden"

A bunch of Sims came to panic outside the lab and this brief flash of fire rains down out of the sky and squarely into the lab.

Well, all the Sims around, including mine got singed (which is kinda funny)

But then the grim reaper took about NINE Sims, leaving the lab littered with gravestones and those oh-so-valuable space rocks

The building does not appear to be damaged.

Luckily I have Saver by Twallan and saved the game just before she left for work. I almost wish I was brave enough to leave the meteor be, but maybe not. It took out my Sims boss with whom she was having an affair (he is married). I kinda liked the story I had going without this complication
NRowe

Which leaves my to wonder why the developers introduce something so ... destructive into the game

I mean, we don't initiate it at all

Same thing, to a smaller scale, with the exploding birthday cake (which I personally hate that aspect of)
8Faith8

I have never had a meteor yet!
NRowe

8Faith8 wrote:I have never had a meteor yet!

Trust me, you (probably) don't want to
8Faith8

Yeah. I have seen what it can cause
megan_maria

I have never had a meteor! I didn't even know these occurred to a little while ago!

Mea_93

I know that meteors can seriously damage any area where it falls, but I'm jealous! I wish I could see a meteor fall in my game! ^_^

Zafireria

I once had a meteor hit the school, so many died and people gathered in front of the school and started to cry. Lucky I had almost just saved so I quit without saving and went back in. No meteor appeared so no dying or crying.
BeccaLynn94

I've never had a meteor strike anywhere in any town I've played thus far xD

buddywuddy21

NRowe wrote:Which leaves my to wonder why the developers introduce something so ... destructive into the game

I mean, we don't initiate it at all

Same thing, to a smaller scale, with the exploding birthday cake (which I personally hate that aspect of)

What is exploding birthday cake? I've never heard of this..
NRowe

buddywuddy21 wrote:What is exploding birthday cake? I've never heard of this..

The "Birthday Inferno" cake, which is the only cake available in Sims 3 occasionally bursts into flame when your Sim is blowing out the candles

It starts a fire on your lot, makes all the Sims panic and would be very bad news if someone didn't have a smoke alarm handy
megan_maria

NRowe wrote:
buddywuddy21 wrote:What is exploding birthday cake? I've never heard of this..

The "Birthday Inferno" cake, which is the only cake available in Sims 3 occasionally bursts into flame when your Sim is blowing out the candles

It starts a fire on your lot, makes all the Sims panic and would be very bad news if someone didn't have a smoke alarm handy

This has happened to me & I didn't have a smoke alarm and my sim ended up dying.
NRowe

I guess Meteors must have shipped with Ambitions since this is now in the Ambitions forum?!? Who knew?
bunbunnyny

Location:Well, my waterbottle says I'm from a mountain spring...

Yes, meteors are available since Ambitions.

If you want to increase your chances of having a meteor strike, have a whole bunch of Sims, with motives frozen at static with the mailbox using the [testingcheatsenabled true] cheat, go outside, and start looking through a bunch of telescopes non-stop! Make sure they're outside!

The more Sims that are outside, the more likely you are to see a meteor! Trust me, just put the game in FFX4 speed, and just wait. It will take a long time, maybe, or a short time. But it's definitely quicker than just sitting around, waiting for it to strike!

Another thing that will increase the chances of a meteor falling is by staying outside without coming indoors. Once, I had a Sim riding on his horse, galloping literally from one side of town to the other to increase their Riding Skill, and a meteor struck my Sim while he was riding around on the Horse!

A good thing that comes from this is the mega-huge Rock collection items that you see all over the place!

If you REALLY, REALLY want to see a meteor show up without waiting, try this! It's not the real thing, with the death, and fire, people gathering around, and meteor pieces and all, but you can take pictures of it and say it was!
With the [testingcheatsenabled true] cheat turned on, and the [buydebug on] cheat also on, go into the Debug section of Build/Buy. Go to the miscellaneous section.

Then, scroll around until you find the Ambitions item, Fog Emitter. It looks like a turquoise-ish, green-ish orb.

Once you have it down on your lot, Control+Shift+Click the Fog Emitter, and change the effect to exactly either one of the following without the []'s:

If you want to see the meteor flying in, which BTW is also visible if you go into Map View, enter:
[ep2meteorshower].
(You can also see this coming in down on the lot. Just scroll all the way in, press the Tab button, and search around for the meteor real quick before it comes down!)

If you want to see the explosion, which comes with sound if you're down close enough to the emitter to hear it, then type in:
[ep2meteorimpact].

If you want to see either of these again, just Ctrl+Shift+Click them again, click on [Set Visual Effect...] again, and just press the checkmark without changing anything!

AKA Bun
(I am a GUY!)
ZoePC

I remember ages ago, I was playing a single sim in Bridgeport (the Late Night expansion had just come out), and suddenly there was scary music and everything.

Two minutes later my sim is killed by a meteor and I have to quit my game because I have no sims left...

Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
Go to: