Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
You know, ever since I've started playing this game in December.....  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
friendlyone20

I have not had ONE burglary OR fire. This sucks. My game is so uneventful. Every Sim night, I am hoping someone would come and steal something but it never happens. Or hoping that the Sim that is cooking would set the stove on fire but to no avail. I wish there was a way for you to cause something bad to happen. *sigh*

CK213

Which town are you playing?

My sims are always the victim of Selena Savage in Bridgeport. And she always gets away, even if there is an alarm. I'm beginning to like her now because it is becoming funny.

friendlyone20

I am playing either Sunset Valley or Appaloosa Plains.

Buffyspiker

Burglaries are rather random, but I'm surprised you've been playing this long and never had one. I'm sure you'll get one eventually.

Fires are pretty easy. Just have the cheapest stove in your house. Those things always catch fire by about the third use or so. Also the cheap fireplace, if you keep it lit long enough, catches fire very easily.
If you age your sims up with a birthday cake, chances are at some stage one of them will cause a fire at some point too.

Australorp

You want a fire? First have your sim cook on the stove/oven and cancel the action, leaving the food to bake away while your sim happily enjoys the evening news. Then a fire will start and your sim won't have time to enjoy the evening news.

My brother started a fire in his game in the first five minutes. It was rather funny to watch.

Snakefire30

I've been playing since January and have had 2 burglars: One in Sunset Valley and one at a vacation home in France. They seem to be really rare.
esperonza16

I get burglars about 90% of the time I make my dog guard the house.

HMsoFly

That's crazy! I've only been playing since last month and I've had like 3 maybe 4 burglaries. No fires tho!
Maygirl2

I've had countless burgulars, but my brave lvl 10 athlete beats them all up. They must be after the families massive jewel collection.

If you want fire, get a unicorn to light one

OWNED100

You should consider yourslef lucky! I've lost about 10 sims to fires, and i'm always getting burgaled. It's just dumb luck (or rather dumb bad luck).
sysadminpt

I've been playing for like a week and I have had 2 burglaries and plenty of fires! does your sim have the lucky trait? I dunno it might be that?!!?

VRStevenson

you should give your sim the unlucky trait! maybe that will help? and poke the fireplace

85/100
CK213

VRStevenson wrote:you should give your sim the unlucky trait! maybe that will help? and poke the fireplace

Also using the Crystal Ball from the store gives a risk of bad things happening.
Good things happen too, but there is also a risk of bad things in your future. I put mine in the Consignment shop so every sim doesn't have to buy one.

Your sims can get a lucky or unlucky moodlet.
They can get gifts in the mail.
They find themselves losing money.
Their love relationship can turn sour for a short time.
A burglar may show up and rob their house.
They may receive a visit from another sim.

It stimulates things in your game and makes life a little more interesting. I wish this thing had been part of an expansion pack with a Gypsy Matchmaker to operate it.

I just checked the store. The crystal ball is still part of a set and not sold as an individual item. That's ridiculous.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/16/12 04:36 PM

Darksim8

You're not alone, I bought Ambitions the day it came out and I have not had a single meteor at all. I feel cheated.

Simmer says what?
Mikezumi

I have at least one burglary every sim week and my birthday cakes combust at least once every other generation.

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: