Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Your Simful Habits  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
phantomxlove

No pun intended :)

Anyway, like myself, I am sure most of us get into 'habits' that is hard for us to break no matter what scenario that we play the sims in. As an example. Myself, there are certain careers that I refuse my sims to do and there is certain traits that I don't even give a second glance.

so question is:

what are some bad habits you have about playing the sims? do you refuse to play certain careers? do you hate having more than a certain number of people in your household? do you always make sure your sim's children do their homework? or do you always have your sims goof around? I would really like to know :)
wh0car3s

Bad habit: I always rush families. I always have babies too soon into my female sims career. Mainly because I love playing families and I always get curious about the genetics so . . .babies! Then I complain that my sim can't further her career.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/16/12 09:49 PM

JustKeepSimming

Here's my list:

I constantly play with my needs on static...it's only on my current game save that I've stopped doing this. I've missed the slower pace of life with my sims. I won't be using cheats for a long time now.

I'm guilty of making my sims have children really early, then abandon them to story progression and just play their children. I've yet to have a sim that I'm playing reach elderhood.

I unintentionally ignore pets after they stop being puppies/kittens. I only pay attention to horses as they have much more gameplay...

I age my babies up after one day and my toddlers up after 3 days. Sure, babies/toddlers are cute, but they bore me.

I photograph EVERYTHING that my sims are doing. I've had my new laptop for about a week now and have managed to get about 7 hours gameplay in - and I already have 500 screenshots! On my old laptop I had over 4000 screenshots...

I think I need some sims therapy...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/16/12 09:56 PM

Mikezumi

I probably have a gazillion things that I never alter in my gameplay. Since I never get bored, there is probably no chance of me changing things just for change sake. Here are a few things that I do:

• All sims must sit down to their meals together

• Kids must do their homework together

• Inappropriate trait is never used

• If any sim in the household causes friction at times when I have no control (like watching TV together) there is a good chance that sim will meet an early demise

• There are way too many more to list
    As I play mostly for genetics the house is usually full of kids which means that I need to "control" things or I would go insane

Yellifish

I cheat all the time. I can't seem to get away from cheating.

I get bored of the elder ones and so I just trigger age so they can die faster.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/16/12 10:13 PM

Gone Until Further Notice and Missing My Sims Very Much!
    hellojewby

I have a few....
    First off, I cheat cheat cheat like nooo tomorrow. Money, friends, career, stats...I always cheat.
    Second off, I always make my sims have at least one of a few certain traits: flirty, hopeless romantic, family oriented, green thumb or clumsy. I just get bored if my sims don't have at least one of those.
    And third, I'm nuts about gardening!! Everyone has a garden!!

<3 t.A.T.u. <3

Mikezumi

Yellifish - just a heads up ... you might want to edit your post and take out the part about teens.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/16/12 10:07 PM

Mikezumi

hellojewby wrote:I have a few....
    First off, I cheat cheat cheat like nooo tomorrow. Money, friends, career, stats...I always cheat.
    Second off, I always make my sims have at least one of a few certain traits: flirty, hopeless romantic, family oriented, green thumb or clumsy. I just get bored if my sims don't have at least one of those.

I love my sims gardening! Gardening, cooking and fishing is something all my sims MUST do

asterravos

I've never played more than one generation. I get attached to the first sim I made and always end up turning aging off I annoy myself with this one because I love seeing genetics.

My sims are never allowed to do anything on their own. I micromanage every second of their days even though I leave autonomy on.

I never let my sims have negative relationships, they have to be friends with everyone.

I never use cheats unless it's to reset someone.

hellojewby

Mikezumi wrote:
    hellojewby wrote:I have a few....

I love my sims gardening! Gardening, cooking and fishing is something all my sims MUST do

Yes, I've recently jumped into cooking. But my current couple I make the man cook everything and the woman garden. haha Fishing..maybe they should both fish. That's a good couple activity!

<3 t.A.T.u. <3

Yellifish

Mikezumi: Thanks for the heads up...my bad lol

hellojewby

Yellifish wrote:I cheat all the time. I can't seem to get away from cheating.

I get bored of the elder ones and so I just trigger age so they can die faster.

Lol! I always kill elders too! Sad, but they are boring!

<3 t.A.T.u. <3

CassiFaith

I feel like I have a lot, but I probably don't have THAT many.

1) Mean-Spirited trait is never used, and if someone in the family has it, I trade it for "good."
    2) 99% of the time, my heirs are females. I find it easier to find attractive males that females.
    3) I, like others, rush families.
    4) Most of my sims look a lot like each other. White to tan, skinny, large eyes, small noses that point up, and blue or green eyes. I have started to notice this and change it recently.
    5) I don't pay attention to the non-heir children. I feel bad, but I pay more attention to the heir.
    6) I cheat for animals. I forget about them sometimes, and use testingcheatsenabled to keep their social high when I forget.
    7) I rarely reach the top of the careers.
    8) I rarely play professions, unless they are living alone.
    9) I use the genie's fortune wish more than I should.
    10) I only build 1 story houses. It is so much easier to find sims on a single story lot.

Ok, that was more than I thought...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/16/12 10:17 PM

Mikezumi

@Yellifish - you're welcome Wouldn't want you getting in trouble
    You really don't like elders? I love my elders - I get so attached to my sims and then when they die (naturally of old age) I keep their headstones in the garden so they can visit

Yellifish

Mikezumi wrote:@Yellifish - you're welcome Wouldn't want you getting in trouble
    You really don't like elders? I love my elders - I get so attached to my sims and then when they die (naturally of old age) I keep their headstones in the garden so they can visit

I edited and then a couple mins later grabbed my phone to check my emails and there it was...lol

Idk I just get bored of the elders. I mean with my current sim, Hayley, she's almost an elder, that one might actually make me sad cause well yeah I love her lol

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
    Go to: