Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
What do you play the sims for?  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Author Message
lusticles


Joined: 12/09/10 08:45 AM
Messages: 30
Offline

I play purely for the architectural aspect of the game. Occasionally I will create a sim and play, however I quickly get bored.

I can spend hours building a lot and never get bored, but after an hour playing a sim it just becomes uninteresting.


I built a lot of homes for theSims2.com and was once an artist for Parsimonious.
I just recently picked up my copy of The Sims 3 after the couple of years I had forgetten about it and started building again.


I love it.
I would play the Sims 2, since I like it better, however my Sims 2 discs are for PC and I switched to a Mac back in 2009, and feel no reason to purchase it again, as outdated as it has become.


Why do you play?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/16/12 10:52 PM


My Homes.

Profile
elelia1


Joined: 10/28/11 04:24 PM
Messages: 639
Offline

This is such a hard question for me to answer!

In TS2 and early TS3 I was like you, purely building.. however I had a break from TS3 and now going back to it i'm trying much harder to go through the generations (on G4 atm) and trying to play the game a lot more and i'm really enjoying it!

Profile
TheMomminator


Joined: 05/31/11 11:09 PM
Messages: 3477
Offline

Hmm....the best answer would be entertainment with a bit of challenge. I like starting with one sim, no house, a big lot and almost no money and building up from there. I like exploring the worlds. Creating my own little story. That sort of thing.

I'm almost as far away from a builder as you can get. My houses alway end up looking they just sort of happened because..well..they did. If I've learned one thing from Sims, it's that I have no talent when it comes to architecture and design.
Profile
Homeworker


Joined: 10/30/11 11:37 AM
Messages: 2311
Location:Anywhere with wi-fi
Offline

I like playing god I'm not bad at making sims or houses so I enjoy both aspects, and I like watching the genetics work their way down the family tree, which is why I'm enjoying my 100 BC so much!

Profile
Longcat123


Joined: 11/11/11 08:59 AM
Messages: 1477
Offline

The main reason I play the sims is to have an outlet for my creativity. I daydream a lot, so why not put those stories in my game?
Profile
niac1234


Joined: 05/16/09 08:27 PM
Messages: 6421
Location:In Existential Crisis
Offline

I have bouts. My biggest being building. It's my favorite part of the game. But there are times where I just halt and play as sims for a while.

Profile
camille


Joined: 01/09/10 05:28 AM
Messages: 471
Location:Bikini Bottom
Offline

Homeworker wrote:I like playing god


gush! I already like you (:
I play sims because... Well I'm to old for Barbie and for entertainment.(: Like to see them doing all the crazy things I wouldn't do.

Profile
LetterFromAThief


Joined: 12/24/11 09:26 PM
Messages: 2752
Location:Gamma Quadrant

lusticles wrote:I play purely for the architectural aspect of the game. Occasionally I will create a sim and play, however I quickly get bored.

I can spend hours building a lot and never get bored, but after an hour playing a sim it just becomes uninteresting.



Yup! Me too! I looove building and designing. That's definitely where I get the most fun out of the game. I also love creating sims, though I have the same problem, I get bored playing them pretty quickly. I think I spend more time creating sims and designing their houses than anything else.

Profile
Simsister2004


Joined: 10/17/10 11:26 AM
Messages: 1473
Offline

Most of all I play Sims to relax from a busy day. Next I play to express my dreams and creativity in all the ways that this game allows it's players to do. I also like the exploring a lot: Vacations to special places, jobs and ambitions, how sims' treats affect their lives. etc. etc. etc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/16/12 11:30 PM

Profile
Jaypard


Joined: 06/29/11 02:44 PM
Messages: 585
Location:Paris, France
Offline

Longcat123 wrote:The main reason I play the sims is to have an outlet for my creativity. I daydream a lot, so why not put those stories in my game?


Same, i play the sims because i daydream all the time.

I usually play games like World of warcraft, Diablo, Call of Duty etc..

My friends call me gay because i play sims but whatever
Profile
Simsister2004


Joined: 10/17/10 11:26 AM
Messages: 1473
Offline

Jaypard wrote: My friends call me gay because i play sims but whatever


You just forget about that, they are too silly to understand. I am glad, that I am a girl, and can't be called "gay". I think that people call every boy gay, that don't play football, soccer or icehockey, and play wargames all the time. such people are just narrowminded.
Profile
lusticles


Joined: 12/09/10 08:45 AM
Messages: 30
Offline

Jaypard wrote:
Longcat123 wrote:The main reason I play the sims is to have an outlet for my creativity. I daydream a lot, so why not put those stories in my game?


Same, i play the sims because i daydream all the time.

I usually play games like World of warcraft, Diablo, Call of Duty etc..

My friends call me gay because i play sims but whatever
My roommate started playing the sims after he noticed me playing it; he didn't think it was gay at all.


Unfortunately he has been having graphic issues on his brand new macbook pro.
I have a 2009 model macbook pro and have no issues. It is apparently something with the graphics card.

My Homes.

Profile
CK213


Joined: 05/16/09 06:28 PM
Messages: 12805

I used to bounce between building, playing, and telling stories when I had The Sims 2. I don't like how we have to go online to create stories with The Sims 3, so I don't create stories for my studio. I think the pictures on the site are too small anyway. I have had a few forum picture thread stories. Those were fun. I mainly Play and build now--more play than build.

Profile
Jaypard


Joined: 06/29/11 02:44 PM
Messages: 585
Location:Paris, France
Offline

Simsister2004 wrote:
Jaypard wrote: My friends call me gay because i play sims but whatever


You just forget about that, they are too silly to understand. I am glad, that I am a girl, and can't be called "gay". I think that people call every boy gay, that don't play football, soccer or icehockey, and play wargames all the time. such people are just narrowminded.


The sims 3 is a great game, i'm sure they would like it, but most of people think it's a girls game, which is totally false. I usually lie to my friends now when i play it, saying i'm going out or i'm doing something else. That way they don't call me names.
Profile
Lfria


Joined: 06/09/09 10:57 PM
Messages: 1089
Offline

I play because I find video games relaxing, especially the sims. The sims itself is just my kind of game because I can be creative and get to see genetics passing through the generations

Profile
 
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: