Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
...help.?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
chris111222333

never had any problems with running the game until yesterday when i bought the Pets EP. At first i was able to play it for a good 30 min ~ about an hour without crashing, but now I crash almost instantly or about 1 min or 2 after getting in the game. It's getting annoying because I lose content before I can save & I constantly have to restart the game.
All that happens is that a few min after being in game, I get an error that says "the sims 3 has stopped working, windows checking for solution,..." then im told nothing is found and i have to close the whole game.
Using Windows Vista, 64-bit
Help please.
Nichaedemus

Hi,

You can try adding the new base game executable to the Data Execution Prevention - or DEP - exceptions list to resolve crashes caused by DEP. This base game executable can be found in the following default locations:

C:\Program Files\Eletronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
Or:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe

For instructions on how to selectively turn off DEP please refer to the following link:

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Data_Executio
n_Prevention/TS3W

If you have previously applied DEP exceptions, you may need to clear them first before applying the new one.

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!
chris111222333

I don't see anything for Base Game (\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe ) in my Sims 3 folder...
http://puu.sh/qjkq

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/19/12 12:28 AM

Nichaedemus

If file extensions have been turned off the file to look for is TS3W. Also note that the file is not located in the Documents folder.

chris111222333

Where would it be if it's not in Docuements
Nichaedemus

You can perform the following steps to quickly locate the base game executable file:

1 - Look for the base game shortcut icon on your Windows desktop.
2 - Right-click the base game shortcut icon and select Properties from the contextual popup menu.
3 - In the window that appears, click on the button marked "Find Target" or "Open File Location".
4 - In the next window that appears, look for TS3W or TS3W.exe.

Once the exact pathname to the file has been determined, enter that information into the DEP exceptions list.

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: