Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Self Employed, How Does It Work?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
Cinebar

I just got this EP yesterday and I have more than one question.

I'm playing the FireFighter Career and Interior Design. That's a lot of work. Cool Fire Truck!

But do my Sims have to have any special skills to become Self Employed if they switch jobs? At first I tried that but no options were on the phone for them to be Self Employed (The book or game said use the phone then go to City Hall).

The couple that is in the house that has a car out front on a platform...is there a way to have a yard sale in this EP? Or is the lot just pretend with the junk outside? Can I put a register on that lot?
I noticed I couldn't put the stacked tires in inventory nor the washer. I wanted to see if I could sell those at the consignment store.

In the Consignment Store, when I clicked on register to Browse, it just falls out of queue. Sim jump bug? or they can't really browse?

There are some of the Interior Design remodeling jobs I would rather not do, because I like the houses (building) just the way they are. Don't want to add an addition etc. Can I skip those or will my Sim still have to do those at some point or will they go away (map markers)?

xokasie

I believe the Sims have to have a certain skill to become self employed. One of my Sims has the gardening skill, therefor is able to register as a self-employed gardener. It is the only option that comes up when he goes to city hall.

If I remember correctly, if you just skip the houses you don't want to do they will go away the next day..? It has been awhile since I have done a career like that.

As for the yard sale, and the consignment shop I have no idea. Sorry.

Hope that helps!
eliwood_sain

Self-employment requires that you have at least one point in the skill to become self-employed in it. Any creative skill plus gardening and fishing are available. The only time you get extra pay is the occasional small bonus for a promotion. These aren't very often, but it provides a great way to track progress.

AD: Just don't do them, go to people around town and get jobs that way if you don't like the jobs given.

"Yard Sales" are not available. The platform is just because they can. You can put a car anywhere there is room. No, I don't think you can turn your house into a consignment shop.

Browsing: I don't think I ever did that. There isn't too much of a point. Go to "buy items" or whatever it's called and you can see everything for sale that way.

Amb is a fun xp. I've worked with all of the professions, and those two are my favorites. If you don't like AD's housing changes but you still like the control idea, try getting into Stylist. Level 10 in that gives you a perm moodlet, even if you quit. Note that if you want to become an SE writer, only the first royalty check (the one you get upon finishing the book) counts, plus the 20% checks. The Sunday payments do not help. Plus, don't forget about the options you have at the workplaces now. Some of them have options that will let you boost required skills or socializing with co-workers. These are great options if you need help in those areas and don't want to spend the extra time.

Celebrating over 10 years of the Sims

All of Sims 1 save Hot Date
All XPs of Sims 2
All XPs of Sims 3 + OLS
Cinebar

Thanks both of you! The suggestions help a lot. Yeah, I like this EP because I have some control (do or don't do ) over their jobs.
bgeneycea

I am trying to self employ my sim to be an Angler but it wouldn't work.

Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
Go to: