Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
expansion pack not working  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
BAMtakethat

I recently bought the Sims 3 generations expansion pack, i also have the Sims 3 pets expansion pack. I do have the base game but every time I load the Sims 3 generations it says, no disc found. please insert the Sims 3 pets, and when I insert the Sims 3 pets it doesn't make any changes to the game. Does anyone know how to get the game to work, keeping in mind I have already uninstalled it and installed it again. TWICE!!!! Please help!!!!

This is the S.A.S this message will now self destruct, thank you for choosing S.A.S messages.
TheMomminator

It should want to run from the Pets disk because that is the later of the two expansion packs.

What do you mean that you don't see any changes to the game?
steph_444444

Like TheMomminator said, the game will always run from the disc of the most recent release (in this case, Pets) but Generations is still installed. Go into build or buy mode, and you'll see all the extra content.
BAMtakethat

first of all, wow!! that was really quick. second, you know when you install new expansion pack you get a new town, well I deleted an account and when I clicked new game, there was only two towns, the third one wasn't there do you know why If not thanx for all the help, I'm sure it will be useful to me.

This is the S.A.S this message will now self destruct, thank you for choosing S.A.S messages.
steph_444444

Generations did not come with a town (sadly), but there are a few lots that you can place. Most of the changes from it are all the extra gameplay features for families, and all of the new items, most of which can make awesome playgrounds and child/teen bedrooms.
WadleKinz

I just got the pets expansion pack and only have the base game besides that. I tried to install the expansion pack after the base game was correctly installed and working, but my computer doesn't even recognize the expansion pack disk. What do I do? Please help.

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: