Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Perform for tips in Starlight Shores?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Mylita

I have been playing in Lunar Lakes, but one of the Showtime venues there seems to be bugged. I can't get her a gig there or even get her inside to find the proprietor. There is also no way to summon the proprietor. So I thought I would put her in SS, but haven't found any good spots to perform for tips. Anyone have some tips on good places in SS to perform for tips?

Thanks for any help!

Mylita
EIisabetta

I tend to draw big crowds at the park and the coffee house when performing for tips.

jwghost

The park is the best local. I even have won the 20.000 tips badge
And you can do a party in the park and invite your friends

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/23/12 06:54 AM

Nik24X7

After weeks of trial and error, I believe the best place in Starlight Shores to Perform for Tips is definitely the coffee house. It gets the most foot traffic which translates into tip money. I usually have my Sim stand near the sign out front by the street. Much better venue than the park for tips.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/23/12 02:13 PM

Mylita

Thanks! I've been using the park since last night. Will try the Coffee House tonight.

Mylita
MeyersParrot

I prefer the coffee shop (unless there is a Simfest in the park).

Also after performing for tips a singer can ask everyone to buy a cd.
Sadistwitch

Supermarket strangely the best for me. Coffee house second best. Seems so silly.

Mylita

Thank you all! Good suggestions. Tried all the places. Right after performing a gig, I have my sim perform for tips. That has proven totally successful. I've basically concentrated on performing any where there are people. It's not like she needs the money so much, but she does need the experience and I don't like micro-managing her. (All my sims are born rich.) She has done really well, right now working on getting some steady gigs. Then I will have her expand where she is singing.

One thing I've learned again is, I don't like playing a working sim. If I had all the sim songs on a playlist, I would love to just run it in the background while I play. ROTFL

Mylita
Nik24X7

One of the things that I love about the new professions is that they have open work hours. They can work as much or as little as they desire. I typically use cheats to set the motives to static and then send my singer to Perform for Tips at the coffeehouse. She can be there for days on end and make several thousans Simoleans doing so. I've managed to earn the 20,000 Simolean badges for singer, magician, and acrobat. Now if there were only a way to keep a Sim playing pool for tips . . . .
Mylita

^^^

That would be awesome! Like Rod Stewart sang '...make a living playing pool...'.

Mylita

eilian

I was having difficulty with the pool tips until I put a table in Verde Park under the streetlamp that's near the tables. Plenty of room for a crowd to build. I would line up as many "perform for tips" as I could manage before the sim actually started playing (and the perform option was no longer available). It gave me a little breathing room with so many actions in queue. Then I fast forwarded until the actions were gone, rinse and repeat I had 10,000 in about a day and a half.
Sadistwitch

eilian wrote:I was having difficulty with the pool tips until I put a table in Verde Park under the streetlamp that's near the tables. Plenty of room for a crowd to build. I would line up as many "perform for tips" as I could manage before the sim actually started playing (and the perform option was no longer available). It gave me a little breathing room with so many actions in queue. Then I fast forwarded until the actions were gone, rinse and repeat I had 10,000 in about a day and a half.

Sounds like a plan! That's awesome!!

2oo92

I usually use the newspaper and find the hot spot. I also go ahead of my sim using the map and look into a few places choosing the most packed place.

Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: