Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Missing Screenshots  XML
Forum Index » Mac Discussions
breakbruce

Hey there,
I took a few screenshots with the in-game built camera, but when I check my Screenshots folder, there's nothing inside. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

caspinwall

Hi breakbruce,

Do you mean the camera as in the cameras that sims can buy, or do you mean pressing button C to take a screenshot? The screenshots on some Macs have been broken for while:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/386869.page

Caspin
breakbruce

I'm referring to the screenshot by pressing "C"

caspinwall

In that case I think you have joined the group of us with broken screenshots.

You can take them using the Mac method of pressing cmd-shift-3 and then the images will appear on your desktop. Not ideal but it does work. The only trouble I find is that the pictures are very large, so I change edit them in Preview and convert them to jpeg to make the file size smaller.

Caspin
breakbruce

That's what I have been using for the whole time. But the only downfall is that it captures certain in-game elements like the green bubble and arrow indicating the location of a sim.

caspinwall

Yes, that can be annoying. I usually pause the game if I want to take a picture, so I can try to spin it round and try to get the least annoying angle. I also press tab to get rid of the UI bar at the bottom while I take the picture.

It was much better when hitting button C worked and the screenshots appeared in the right folder. It's something I wish they would fix - it worked fine before the Generations patch so they broke something and haven't repaired it.
breakbruce

I'm getting a Windows 7 computer next time. I only got a Macbook only cos my school wanted me to have one.

Forum Index » Mac Discussions
Go to: