Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Exception Raised  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Mac Discussions
Rolopoloo

Hey

Just now I discovered that you can install your cc onto your documents or onto applications, I use the later as I found it first on youtube; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apz-XrQv5BQ that told me to create the mods/packages file (including adding resource.cfg)in applications, sims 3, contents, resources, transgaming, c_drive, programme files, electronic arts, sims 3.

I have everything (hair, skins, clothes hair even new default skin) but sims3pack here. Sims 3pack are in the documents, electronic arts, sims 3, downloads.

It works but recently I was trying to get replacement facial hair (kittyklan), extra body and facial sliders and found something that told me to delete these files after I installed mods/packages; simCompositorCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package and CASPartCache.package.

After I deleted these I tried to play and I got this message' " Exception Raised Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000004 at address 0x00dabdfd.
Do you wish to debug it ?"
I click yes but I can't play sims.

Is there anything I can do before I start installing everything again? Please help
Thank you
roro381

Can't say i know, sorry... But mostly because I can't quite get the gist of what youre asking! I can help, but can you rephrase it?

RRRRRRR xxxxx
cutie9676

OO i hate to see people new to cc. Your cc is not the problem look on other post on here about this problem there is no solution yet. And i'd also recommend you go over to mod the sims to learn how to install and use cc because that way on the youtube is old and will run into problems with that you reallly need to update your mod folder so move all the cc in it to your desktop delete the mods folder and resource file and read and get the new mod folder: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_
Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files
Rolopoloo

Hey thank you so much for replying.

I just did it now and the test with no video during loading worked. Can I just copy all my .package files into the Packages folder?

What goes into the Overrides folder? Also does anyone know how to get the default facial hair from kitty klan, body shape and and facial sliders to show up in game? (I just had it in packages and deleted random cache files).

Sorry about all the questions but I really don't have a clue

Thank you so so much

I just dragged all my stuff in and tried to play and this message came up;

"The Sims 3 It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them – otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs." I clicked yes

I then made it so only the cc I had when it was working previously (in the applications mods folder) and it's still the same message coming up..I really don't get it

Please help

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/24/12 05:54 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » Mac Discussions
Go to: