Hi, guys. I own a MacBook Pro and lately I've been having issues with Sims 3. Up until last week, Showtime (I own all the expansion packs) has been running smoothly. After I realized I was putting my packages in the old/wrong way (through Applications), I changed my method to the new way using Mod the Sims's tutorial. Since then, every time I install CC, my launcher will load, the blue screen with the plumbbob will come and go... but then it will go to a black screen and stay there. Usually my game takes about a minute to show the EA logo, but in this case, the logo never comes up. The problem is that I'm not sure if it's a patch thing or a method of downloading type of thing.
All of the CC I loaded before I switched methods works and shows up when I don't put new CC in. It seems like everything past my patch install and the change of methods refuses to work. Occasionally if I delete all of the CC I try to put in except for one, it might load. I know this is a CC issue because I've successfully loaded Showtime without any CC. I tried uninstalling Showtime and trying to run just Pets... but it didn't work after I tried to install new custom content.
I use to have this problem and it's something with the way our mod folder works the way you put package files in there affects this. I notice if i put one package file in there at a time and load the game it can help but thats annoying so now i combine all my packages which also helps and kinda lessen the problem. For some reason the game on macs just doesn't like alot of package files in the mod folder i didn't have this problem when i tried CAW in my sisters old laptop so i just figured EA borked something on macs to make them act like this. Hope that helps
I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this. Now my game won't start at all. I've tried deleting the caches so they will regenerate... and nothing. I just don't understand why I wouldn't be able to play my game with more than one new package at a time. It was running just fine before the patch and before I switched methods.
Each time I install something new, I delete scriptCache, compositorCache, simCompositorCache, and CASPartCache so it will regenerate in the game. The problem happened after I started adding new CC after I installed the new patch and discovered I was installing packages the old way. By not working at all, I mean I'm having the same problem as I did in the initial post. The launcher will ... launch, the blue screen with the plumbbob will pop up, but then the screen will just go black.
Yeah, I'm installing package files correctly, so I guess I'll turn to that as a last resort. Thanks for the help!