Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
houses  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
winoscar

I dont know if its just me, but ha anyon else noticed how DISGUSTING the houses that come with the game are??? The are all terribly layed out madern homes with no closets and super sized rooms! Its ridiculas! please leve comments on what you guys think.
Fripplebubby

I like a few of the base game houses, but I usually do end up either heavily modifying them or building my own. They often lack character.

calmorezoo

yes they are lacking or badly furnished thats why i always buldoze and build my own houses.
i love the ambition career of the architech and going around improving the townies homes.
IM part of a request build team and biuld houses for other simmers if you want so see what we do just click on my siggy.

Buffyspiker

Some are. Some I actually quite like. Generations came with some cute houses. I don't know if I'd call any of them disgusting. At least none of them immediately spring to mind when I think disgusting.
I don't really think they need closets either. That's a bit odd. Most of them come with dressers. That's really all that's needed.

At the end of the day you have the freedom to redecorate or modify them as you wish. Or you could simply build your own house. There's also many fantastic user made houses floating around out there.

Pepperbutt

Uh, maybe they don't have closets because we don't have closets?

I always build my own houses, since I can't stand living in pre-builts, but they aren't bad. A lot of them are actually really nice.

Mental health issues aren't a joke. Knock it off.

http://simmeringsims.forumotion.com/ or @Pepperbuttz
PEACHES327

The base-game homes are okay. The best (to me) are the ones that came with Pets. The worst houses I've ever seen came with Hidden Springs - they're Gawd Awful!

winoscar

like some of them are huge houses but only have one bedroom, but that bedroom is giagantic! I always know it out and still be able to build about 3 or 4 good sized bedrooms with the space they used to make one. I think they might make them bad on purpose so you can fix them up.

p.s. i like to make closets because its realistic:
blunote00

Location:Council Bluffs, IA. - Originally from the south.☺ I've worked in IT 27+yrs & ♥ ♪Jazz♪

I absolutely hate the houses that come with the game. I always end up remodeling them to make them functional in one way or another. They're seriously pathetic and could be so much more. I just remodeled one in Appaloosa Plains. Every time I play I feel like a contractor.

ETA: I absolutely can't stand 1 bd/1ba houses as I think they are useless in this game.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/24/12 03:32 AM

At my age competence is a turn on!
♥At home! @DaSpot!♥
EIisabetta

I really liked some of the houses that came with Generations. Most of the others are 'eh'.

AnglePlay300

Location:What are you, a stalker? You don't need to know this!

Most of the prebuilt houses are good framework houses. You empty them out then remodel as you see fit. But there are quite a few that came with the last couple of expansions that are really pretty nice.

I don't really see the need for closets if we don't have clothing racks. Sure you could stick the dresser in it, but how hard is it to add on a little two by two box to a room? And to me, most of the rooms are too small Maybe that's because I like to have more than just a bed and dresser in a room...

Tombé Sous Le Charme - Christophe Maé 3♥25♥13
winoscar

the houses also have no style at all though, they are also all modern. you can look at one of the colonials ive built if you'd like
ddsims3world

The whole layout of the houses from base game through the EP w/ inside & outside are terrible and I rather have my own created houses to use.

Sims Wanted Posters: http://tinyurl.com/mdcawcr / Mortimer Goth stories: http://tinyurl.com/74rwckr

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: