Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sorry to burst any bubbles on the rumored Diesel stuff pack...  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Metallicjunior

Hey guys, hope everyone's having an amazing week!!

I sent a message over Facebook to the Diesel Facebook page saying this:

Hey Diesel! I heard that you guys are teaming up with EA- creators of the Sims 3- to bring out some new virtual items for the Sims 3 PC game!

Is that true? If so I'd be really happy!

--------

I know, I didn't word it extremely well, but yeah. I got this reply:

Hi Bill,
we heard there are several rumors around this thing.
From our side we are still trying to figure out what this the Sims 3 is (it is a videogame isn't it?).

Thank you.

--------

Sorry, but for all we know they could just be covering it up.. It's a shame they say they dont even know what Sims 3 is! D:

If you guys would like me to post a screenshot of the conversation, I can, but I'd have to blur out my name and pictures.

thesimling

They're obviously covering up or just being idiots

Metallicjunior

thesimling wrote:They're obviously covering up or just being idiots

:L I dont really know..

o.o

GabbyGirlJ

Maybe it's just something that's been kicked around, but not finalized and the person who answered you was put in a position where they could neither confirm nor deny. Who knows? It may be Diesel, it may not be. I'm more skeptical about the supposed July release. But we'll see.

Remember, companies have to be careful what they say and when they say it. Especially in this day and age of facebook and twitter. If someone jumps the gun and it catches on like wildfire, people's jobs could be on the line. So, they always have to tiptoe around rumors, even if they're true.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/24/12 07:42 AM

"You're not as bad as everyone says you are."
Allspice1232

In the future, please don't ask them (EA or otherwise) about future releases. There really isn't a point. Until it's announced, no one you talk to can confirm or deny it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/24/12 08:09 AM

stormwench

Its also possible that, especially with branded content, it has something to do with their marketing people who may even be a separate agency, and something most employees would not even know about, sometimes employees are the last to know.

On the other hand it is just a rumor and depending where it came from could be just a rumor someone started started for whatever reason, including as some have said - to distract people from the KPST stuff and get them talking about other things. Sometimes true rumors are past out to people so they get to trust those they get rumors from just for occasions they want to distract people with a false one.

Then you have to consider that its not one of the most well known online stores and so someone had to have some reason to pick them to get the rumor started about.

I guess we will know when the next SP is announced but that will not be until the next EP is released and we won't even hear about the next EP until June. At least the rumors are giving us some relief from worrying about then next SP continuing with Katy Perry; may be the announcement of a long-tern collaboration with the Sims Studios does not mean it is as long as they made it sound.

GabbyGirlJ

stormwench wrote:Its also possible that, especially with branded content, it has something to do with their marketing people who may even be a separate agency, and something most employees would not even know about, sometimes employees are the last to know.

This is also very true with many companies. A lot of times the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing (so to speak) until there has been an official announcement. I'm not saying that it is Diesel or that it isn't Diesel, I'm just saying that we still don't know. And we probably won't for several months.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/24/12 09:19 AM

"You're not as bad as everyone says you are."
To7m

Metallicjunior wrote:

o.o

Seeing as you pretty much told them what TS3 is I doubt they don't know. I have yet to meet a person that honestly doesn't know what TS is. Whether they play it or not. I'm not saying this SP is or is not being released but if the answer they gave you is in fact true - It looks like they are covering up for something

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/24/12 09:55 AM

catloverplayer

They're covering it up. I'm not really as excited about this one. I voted forcast the party stuff pack.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
PsychoMasterX

To7m wrote:
Metallicjunior wrote:

o.o

Seeing as you pretty much told them what TS3 is I doubt they don't know. I have yet to meet a person that honestly doesn't know what TS is. Whether they play it or not. I'm not saying this SP is or is not being released but if the answer they gave you is in fact true - It looks like they are covering up for something

if they don't play video games, then that a good reason not to know what the sims is
julienrob2004

That looks like a really feeble attempt at a cover up

If they had heard the rumours themselves a 10 second search on the internet would have told them what The Sims 3 is.

Also that reply looks weird with the bad grammar used .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/24/12 04:06 PM

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .
KarinL

Actually, if the question was whether they were contributing designs to the Sims 3 PC-game, then the reply of "it's a video game, isn't it?" sounds a bit stupid, if you ask me. Like somebody trying a bit too hard to sound innocent.

I think the rumor is interesting, and I like speculation, but until we get any ind of confirmation, we won't know a thing either way.
stormwench

catloverplayer wrote:They're covering it up. I'm not really as excited about this one. I voted forcast the party stuff pack.

We have to remember that a poll for something does not mean its going to be the next release or even if something wins they will go for it, its just a poll to get an idea what people are thinking/feeling.

Look how long it was from the poll about the ice cream makers to the actual release was.

It could be that what you voted for will still show up but no guarantee when or if they were looking for an exact winner, or the top three for the next several SP's or they get to pick from the top four or whatever.

There has always been leaks about EP's and SP's before they are announced but I am not sure we would be hearing about the next SP before the pending one is released and before we have even heard what the next EP will be.

Hthr0120

Allspice1232 wrote:In the future, please don't ask them (EA or otherwise) about future releases. There really isn't a point. Until it's announced, no one you talk to can confirm or deny it.

It still doesn't hurt to ask. Besides, it gives us something besides KP to discuss.
Allspice1232

Hthr0120 wrote:
Allspice1232 wrote:In the future, please don't ask them (EA or otherwise) about future releases. There really isn't a point. Until it's announced, no one you talk to can confirm or deny it.

It still doesn't hurt to ask. Besides, it gives us something besides KP to discuss.

Would you want to be bothered by people asking you about rumors all day? I stand by what I said: when it comes to rumors about future releases, leave them alone. They can't say anything about it anyway and this is a prime example. If you read it, they didn't actually say yes or no. We're still at square one, we still don't know if it's true or not.

Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Go to: