Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Anyone Else Not Able to TALK to FRIENDS ingame?  XML
Forum Index » Showtime
Cyberqueen13

Okay EA. I thank you for the much needed filters for our Sims3 page,BUT....
What is going on "in-game"?

I was one player on your side about these new communication features. But come on! Enough is enough! Why can't I get my messages and memories from my friends

I mean, I get post off and on from people's one-sided conversations all day. Only a few times a day do I see a random post from someone I would ACTUALLY like to hear from. I have maybe 100 people listed as friends. This is because they were added before ever knowing we would get communication features. These people were added because I don't want to forget who's the better creators out there so I friend them and they me. That's the only reason. I don't want to hear them chat and I don't want to see their memories.

I tried to tweak the filters on the sims3 page but it does not permit me to get my selected few friends messages and memories.

PLEASE EA HELP!!!!

I only want to get my in-game features with people I personally select from my friends list. I have like 3 friends that we all play in the same world and want to share our stories with each other as they happen. Is this too much to ask? It was working this way earlier, now its broken!!!

Please fix this. Now my game seems so boring without being able to see my friends and they see me

Please if anyone else is having this problem bump this thread so that EA will see it and respond.

Thanks so much.

Signed, Sad Simmer

I Dream of Sims
vay2009

YOur post was sooo much better and in detail. I SECOND YOUR COMPLAINT... Ea you must do something to fix this problem. It seems every time you guys come out with a new EP you hype us up with all the new features and stuff then when we get the actuall game there are bugs and glitches and stuff dont work. For instance we thought we get a boardwalk with St and Katy Perry and what happens Nope we dont get it. I dont really care about that. But I DO care about the SimWall. I have close friends like Cyberqueen that I truly enjoy my game play with. CAN This Be Fixed EA??????

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/25/12 06:12 PM

Cyberqueen13

Grandmothergamer I get your post all day long in-game. No offense but you and I don't really chat so I don't see why I see your post and not my friend Vay2009. She and I download each others simself and then share silly memories with each other in-game and laugh all day. Now it doesn't work. I get post from people not even talking to me...like yours. no offense. Now I see, you are not posting memories you are posting online not ingame and that is why I get your messages. This is not how it was working before. Before we could see each others memories IN REAL TIME "in-game". I want it back so we can laugh as we play again.

I Dream of Sims
Cyberqueen13

Oh no Grandmothergamer, you have it all perfectly wrong. I was not irritated by your post and I repeatedly said "no offense" because I truly did not want to offend. I know that I could go and "unsubscribe" to your page and the messages would then stop, but I haven't. I haven't because I don't want to change anything risking messing the communication tools up further. Believe me when I say that I in no way have anything negative towards you. I keep you on as a baseline. At least when I get your post I know that the stupid thing is still on Grandmothergamer please except my hug. I am not upset with you or your post. I just needed to use you as an example of what I would like EA to fix for me and VAY to go back to laughing at each others memories in-game again. If you played it this way with a friend EVEN once you would love playing this way. We have been adding each others simselves to our worlds for a year now. We were VERY excited when we saw real-time , in-game, comm features.

I Dream of Sims
MistySmudge01

I too feel that the wall and deffo ingame messages are soooo messed up, it went from seeing everyones memories (was a bit much with the ones that post all memories) to none at all,all i turned off was achievements.
I love getting custom memmories and chatting to Vay2009 and Cyberqueen13 and afew others,as we play, they have great fun stories, and had EA NOT added the new features, i wouldn't have made friends, but now i have to go to my wall out of the game to see anything
So many glitches with everything, but please sort this out, surely we should be able to select the friends we are the 'closest' to.
We just want to be happy simmers not sad ones, really hope that this gets sorted out soon.

Cyberqueen13

so we can't chat in-game using the enter arrow that EA gives us ingame. We have to come OUT of the game to chat in-game (BIG EYES OPEN IN SHOCK)

I Dream of Sims
vay2009

BUMPING. we cant be the only ones with this issue!

eilian

I answered on mypage but it probably got lost in the crowd or was a useless suggestion. Or both Anyway, figured since I don't have a solution, the least I can offer is a nudge to the thread. Hope you guys can get this sorted! Sounds like you were having a lot of fun with it.
Cyberqueen13

bump

I Dream of Sims
beaglelover2008

Please stop posting the same thread in different sections... It's rather annoying.... And against the rules...
eilian

Sorry. When I commented I didn't realize it was already posted in multiple places.
LimeSims3

BUMP

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/26/12 11:16 AM

Ceres_Meiriona

I have this issue now, unfortunately.

I get no notifications in game via the Simport feature. I don't even get simport requests. It shows me logged in, all the filters appropriately set, but no notifications.

Now when I tab out of the game and go to my page here, I see everything that is going on.

I was wondering if you guys have discovered a solution for this before I email customer support.

Cyberqueen13

We fixed our problem and are now getting memories and msg ingame!!!

My husband used something called TweakNow Regcleaner. I guess when you uninstall things they sometimes don't completely uninstall.

step 1 uninstalled my Adobe flash drive ONLY.
step 2 used the TweakNow Regcleaner (its free online) only told it to clean the window registry and temperary files.
step 3 installed Adobe Flash Player 11

step 4 delete the (4) cache files in the game: simCompositorCache scriptCache compositorCache CASPartCache some ppl do socialCache but I don't.

After this you should be all set. Also I clicked on the Origin icon on my desktop and it had an update. Good to update that too. My launcher wasn't showing pics anymore until I updated it

Hope this helps ppl.

I Dream of Sims

Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: