Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Have the Sims loaded onto an external hard drive, but game won't load  XML
Forum Index » Mac Discussions
DaniRae11109

I am using a 2011 Mac Book Pro 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5. Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3.

Due to memory, I thought I would be smart and load the game onto the hard drive, but every time I try to play the game, it asks me to update, I do, and then it asks me again. I don't know what to do. Is it not possible to have it on an external hard drive and play?
markydee

Mine worked. BUT, for me, I had Snow Leopard installed on the hard drive itself that's why I can play. (I'm currently on Lion). I did this because of the whole fiasco of us Mac users who weren't able to use The Sims due to the OS X Lion update last June 2011. So to play the game that was installed on the hard drive, I had to boot up my Mac via the hard drive.

So I think it probably needs to be like that for the system to recognize the game. But I'm not that sure though. Just thought this could help.

Hope you'll be able to play soon!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/26/12 04:20 AM

DaniRae11109

Thanks! I ended up giving up. My desktop crashed back in August and just haven't had the extra money to get it fixed. Back to waiting I guess. It'll be fixed eventually and I'll be able to play again

Someday.
knazzer

It's best not to use an external drive for playing games etc, I always found the performance sluggish or not work at all.

Forum Index » Mac Discussions
Go to: