Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Banana tree??  XML
Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
CaOcSim

Because this is the Feedback, so here it is.

I didn't give much attention to other fruit trees until the banana tree, hello, is there anyone in EA knows how the banana tree looks like, be more realistic please, that's not banana tree at all.

Oooops.. You don't have sufficient privileges to access this forum
blewis823

I know, right?

I found that to be half-baked idea. Why they couldn't use the palm trees in the game for a banana tree?

Pepperbutt

blewis823 wrote:I know, right?

I found that to be half-baked idea. Why they couldn't use the palm trees in the game for a banana tree?

While I agree- think about it. We have one "bush", we have one plant with the support beam, and we have one tree. It'd be difficult to add a whole separate gardening tree for that one plant.

Though.. seriously? We don't even get a peeling interaction for it? /:

Mental health issues aren't a joke. Knock it off.

http://simmeringsims.forumotion.com/ or @Pepperbuttz
christine400

i agree and i agree with pepper they couldnt even allow sims to peel the banana

Christine<3
blewis823

Well I thought the looks was asthetic, so just changing the mesh for the banana tree to work as a gardening tree wouldn't be a great feat. As I don't know anything about coding, I would have to take the word of others, for now.

I could have overlooked the tree situation if there was a peeling banana animation. That I have to agree.

CaOcSim

Well first I thought that plum tree and cherry tree and apple tree...kind of look the same in the way so it's ok, but banana tree, come on, how can I teach my niece about banana tree when she plays the game,

khynnea

CaOcSim wrote:Well first I thought that plum tree and cherry tree and apple tree...kind of look the same in the way so it's ok, but banana tree, come on, how can I teach my niece about banana tree when she plays the game,

I strongly agree with everyone, that I can't imagine it being that hard to put bananas on a different tree than ... what they did. I imagine they didn't have a peeling animation because the bananas themselves look pretty tiny and shoddy.

I can all too easily seeing them cave to "people want more food/fruit/gardening options--let's give them something" and slapping it in. They could have given us a strawberry off a shrub and done something less insulting to our collective sanity.

As for your niece, I feel for you... may I suggest keeping a browser open in the background to wikipedia amongst others? I know farmville did a good job being realistic but in good conscience I can't suggest anyone play facebook games

Oh and by the way, I *never* deep fried a peanut butter and banana and honey sandwich. Sheesh.

This footer out of date. La la la.
CaOcSim

khynnea wrote:
CaOcSim wrote:Well first I thought that plum tree and cherry tree and apple tree...kind of look the same in the way so it's ok, but banana tree, come on, how can I teach my niece about banana tree when she plays the game,

I strongly agree with everyone, that I can't imagine it being that hard to put bananas on a different tree than ... what they did. I imagine they didn't have a peeling animation because the bananas themselves look pretty tiny and shoddy.

I can all too easily seeing them cave to "people want more food/fruit/gardening options--let's give them something" and slapping it in. They could have given us a strawberry off a shrub and done something less insulting to our collective sanity.

As for your niece, I feel for you... may I suggest keeping a browser open in the background to wikipedia amongst others? I know farmville did a good job being realistic but in good conscience I can't suggest anyone play facebook games

Oh and by the way, I *never* deep fried a peanut butter and banana and honey sandwich. Sheesh.

lol, I agree, EA did a sloppy job on a lot of things in the game.

EIisabetta

khynnea wrote:

Maybe you haven't but people actually do. Well, maybe not DEEP FRIED, except maybe in the South where they even deep fry twinkies. LOL. And Elvis Presley's favorite sandwich was peanut butter and banana, though I'm pretty sure it wasn't deep fried. I'm guessing they didn't want to give us another cold cooked meal.

khynnea

EIisabetta wrote:
khynnea wrote:

Maybe you haven't but people actually do. Well, maybe not DEEP FRIED, except maybe in the South where they even deep fry twinkies. LOL. And Elvis Presley's favorite sandwich was peanut butter and banana, though I'm pretty sure it wasn't deep fried. I'm guessing they didn't want to give us another cold cooked meal.

Fair enough *grin* I didn't even know they existed until one day working the sandwich line in the cafeteria in college someone asked me for one. I had to try one myself that afternoon.

But you know back on topic, I just finished temporarily landscaping an interior garden and placed a... banana tree. Augh. So they already modeled a banana tree, just not the gardening kind?

PHOEBESMOM601

christine400 wrote:i agree and i agree with pepper they couldnt even allow sims to peel the banana

I can't remember...did the Sims peel bananas in Castaway stories?

Step outside of your comfort zone. Ask why. Don't accept,"because that's the way it's always been". Think outside the box.
Susiechan

khynnea wrote:

Actually in my country we fry banana all the times . That's common for us.

Have you ever heard or tried Banana Fritters ? You mix banana with flour, deep fried it and eat it with ice cream..yummy

And banana tree has a very short life. It will die after bearing fruit.

Fenris,the broody Elf
khynnea

Susiechan wrote:
khynnea wrote:

Actually in my country we fry banana all the times . That's common for us.

Have you ever heard or tried Banana Fritters ? You mix banana with flour, deep fried it and eat it with ice cream..yummy

And banana tree has a very short life. It will die after bearing fruit.

Ok you are making me hungry for the ice cream treat. I'm willing to try most food stuffs at twice (The second time is in case the first time I was too weirded out! Hah.)

I have to admit I'm glad that the tree does not die right after harvest in game. But I'm still going to whine about it looking deciduous.

pinkstar2000

Hmm, needs moar bacon.

¿Hay un problema?
krimsonnox

theirs a taco shop here in town where one of the kids menu options is the little devil which is a fried banana and peanut butter cornflake coated quesadillia with strawberry jam and powdered sugar, my son loves it. They also make deep fried chocolate chip cookies....and i also like deep fried ice cream, im sure someones deep fryed a banana plain....

i fry plantains with butter in a pan and eat them with sour creme, man i wish our sims could make that

I wish we could peel the bananana, but hey theses are sim banana trees, i mean look how theri eggs grow. no reason it should be the same as us on earth.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/26/12 03:53 PM

http://krimsnolasims.blogspot.com

Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: