Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Simmers' Wheel of Fortune! - SPONSORS WELCOME :)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
brandi22

Welcome to....

The Simmers' Wheel of Fortune!

TIME ZONES:

All rounds of the Wheel begin and end in CST time. Please click the World Time Converter below to figure out what time the contest will be in your time zone. I will announce the date and time of upcoming rounds in the subject line of this thread.

Current CST Time Available in this Link:
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/central-time/

World Time Converter:
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

RULES:

I have SIM-plified the game to make it fun and easy! To play this game, you do not have to "reserve a place" or do anything special to enter; you just have to show up and guess the answer.

First, I will choose a random category, post a Sims-related word puzzle and "spin the wheel" to select a prize which I will list.

Example:
Category: Sim
Puzzle: L I _ M / O' _ _ _ R _ E
Prize: Hidden Springs

Contestants will be given a certain amount of time to answer the puzzle.

As many contestants may answer as the time allows.

IF YOU ARE NOMINATING SOMEONE ELSE FOR THE PRIZE, PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR NOMINEE ALONG WITH YOUR ANSWER TO THE PUZZLE.

Winners will be chosen by entering all names in a list, then randomly generating a winner from the list using Random.org.

CATEGORIES:

- Food (A food from the Sims 3 base game or EPs.)
- Occupation (A career from the Sims 3 base game or EPs.)
- Book (A book from the Sims 3 base game or EPs.)
- Trait (A personality trait from the Sims 3 base game or EPs.)

PRIZES:

Prizes are random and vary depending on sponsors, new releases in the Store, etc.

SPONSORS:

Sponsors Always Welcome!
Please let me know if you would be interested. Every sponsorship ensures that the wheel will keep running and making Simmers around the world happy!

[b]Current Sponsors:

envira_x - Country Livin' Set
+ 350 SP for another winner

JUST FOR FUN:

If you want something to listen to while you're playing, here's the Wheel of Fortune theme!

http://dc123.4shared.com/img/1330729367/61cddad3/dlink__2Fdownl
oad_2FQTcjPmT2_3Ftsid_3D20120426-44154-d920e910/preview.mp3

Enjoy and good luck! Let the wheel spin!

This message was edited 530 times. Last update was at 09/05/13 08:27 PM

brandi22

This post was formerly used to list all winners that have ever played and every sponsor who contributed, but I am no longer able to keep up with the list as it is ever growing and changing!

Congratulations to all winners and a very big thank you to all of the generous sponsors!

This message was edited 104 times. Last update was at 01/31/13 05:41 PM

blacksheba1973

I was just talking about doing this yesterday.

KSpencer

Oooh this sounds like fun!

Bethymai

Count me in, sounds great fun

Made by mona1996! Thank you
brandi22

blacksheba1973 wrote: I was just talking about doing this yesterday.

Oh my gosh, were you really?! I got the idea from my mom last night, she wanted to do a "Wheel of Fortune" type of game for the senior conference at her job! I woke up this morning and thought, "Why not Wheel of Fortune for the Sims?"

VamPanda

this sounds like a really cool idea xD and a wonderful presentation brandi, WTG
blacksheba1973

brandi22 wrote:

Oh my gosh, were you really?! I got the idea from my mom last night, she wanted to do a "Wheel of Fortune" type of game for the senior conference at her job! I woke up this morning and thought, "Why not Wheel of Fortune for the Sims?"
You have any idea what type of prizes and how long this may run? I can sponsor something. I'm going to be taking a nap in a few minutes though for about four hours, because I worked last night. I'd love to watch this though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/26/12 02:38 PM

brandi22

blacksheba1973 wrote:
brandi22 wrote:

You have any idea what type of prizes and how long this may run? I can sponsor something. I'm going to be taking a nap in a few minutes though for about four hours, because I worked last night. I'd love to watch this though.

I would like the contestants to have a colorful variety of fun prizes, including Outfits, Jewelry, possibly a dream home, dream car, etc. (I am thinking about making these creations and posting them in the Showcase.)

I am also hoping that there will be interested sponsors who would be willing to chip in here and there so that I can accumulate enough for a "Jackpot" SP Prize, along with various smaller SP prizes.

Not sure about the run time yet. I may create new categories once the ones listed are used up and begin all over again!

Thanks for offering to sponsor, that is so nice of you! I really appreciate that you have been so generous with my past contests! Hope you have a nice nap!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/26/12 02:46 PM

blacksheba1973

Okay sweetie. I'll check back in then when I get up from my nap and get the boys from the bus stop.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/26/12 02:50 PM

Msrednotdead

This sounds very interesting and I would be interested in sponsoring 1000 simpoints if that is ok with you?

ShaneyBoy

This seems like a lot of fun, I'd love to join in!

brandi22

Msrednotdead wrote:This sounds very interesting and I would be interested in sponsoring 1000 simpoints if that is ok with you?

Oh, wow, thank you so much! That would be great!

Would it be okay if you emailed me the points? It is easiest this way as I can distribute them myself for the contest verses contacting the sponsors to distribute them!

Here's my email address:

brandi22@myself.com

Msrednotdead

I'm sorry but that is impossible. There is no way I can gift you simpoiints as we are in different counties and you can only gift if the person is in the same country and also I cannot buy anymore as I have just bought 6000 so have to wait before I can afford more but I ahve put the 1000 as marked for you

Faith_Andhope

brandi, how fun!

What a great idea. I look forward to participating and I MAY be able to sponsor something, but I'm not sure yet. It will depend on how you structure your prizes.

This will be fun!

Post Reply Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
Go to: