Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
When you make a new sim, where do you start?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
XKidsInLoveX

When you make a new sim, whats the first thing you do? (aside from skintone, weight and muscle sliders ect) The first thing i do is make them bald (even if its a female) remove any and all makeup, then jump into designing their face so i can see everything without hair and make up. What about you?

MistyLake

Pretty much the same.

"By Grabthar's Hammer, By The Suns Of Warvan..May The Sims Rule Forever!"
https://twitter.com/ekaLytsiM
Pepperbutt

Hm. Well, basic sliders for sure. I usually try and get a concept of what I want the sim to be like in my mind first. Sometimes it's facial sliders, sometimes it's hair. I think I've started with clothing once or twice.

Mental health issues aren't a joke. Knock it off.

http://simmeringsims.forumotion.com/ or @Pepperbuttz
emr2220

It depends on the set idea I have of a sim. Usually...

I will start off by adjusting the weight and muscle sliders. Then, I will make my sim bald (unless I want to use a specific hair), and then removing makeup, etc. and adjust their face. Sometimes I will add a beauty mark. I will start off by changing the face shape. I will select a default face shape that is similar to what I want, then adjust a few things as needed to get the perfect face shape for my sim. Then, I will select the first eye shape and go into advanced mode and change a lot of stuff up to get a good eye. I then usually move onto the lips, again going into advanced mode after picking a default one that's similar to what I want, and editing it until it fits with the eyes and face shape. I usually go select the eyebrows at this point, based on the eyes and lips. After selecting the eyebrows (not color), I move onto the nose, and I do the same process as I did for the lips, basing it off the face shape, eyes, eyebrows, and lips. Once I have constructed the face, I move onto selecting the skintone, and then I go select the hair, based off of what I did for skintone. I will go back to the eyes and select the color based off of the hair color and hair style. After having finished the whole head, I move onto makeup. I have to decide first what kind of sim my sim will be. Smart? Stupid? A "master romancer" ? Etc. and then I go eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstick, blush. Once I move onto clothes, it takes a lot of experimenting with different things until I find something that fits perfectly. After having finished the entire appearance of my sim, I do the traits (based on what I see for my sim) and the LTW, and favorites. I only pick voices 1 & 3, because #2 sounds strange. I let the game decide the zodiac sign for my sim because it is usually right for what I see. That's how I create my sims!!

jericho13

I actually start with traits and work backwards. Decide who the sim is going to be, and from there I decide what he's going to look like, to fit the characteristics I gave him.
OnAvie

I choose a pre-made sim from the sim bin (without any makeup or cc) and give them a name, adjust their body, then hair, then face, then clothes, then traits and stuff. Then I go back to see if I missed anything. If they wear glasses, I'd usually remove them before I get to work on their face.

TheMomminator

I start with skin tone first then move to hair. I adjust their features then add clothes then adjust their features some more then play with traits then adjust their features and so on.

I continue to adjust features until I'm certain that I'll never create the cheekbones or chin that looks right and so life isn't worth living. I fall into a pit of despair and start the game. At that point I realize the sim looks OK and go from there or I decide that I was right about the chin looking too pointy and the face looking too fat, scrap the game, kick the dog (just kidding!) and start over.
Rflong7

Hi,

LOL~ I normally randomize it a few times until I find an interesting looking Sim. Doesn't have to be cute but has to be different.
Then I make them acceptable to me- Close to where they started but different.

I just don't make Sims much any more.
camille

Exactly the same, I make them bald but I skip to the face right after (:

LittleGlitters

I select a hairstyle that's out of their face and then I work with the facial structure and eyebrows at the same time. I find it really helps to change up the eyebrows right off the bat because it really changes the look of the face (On a human or a sim!)

brunettesimgirl

I make them bald...especially if I'm making a sim from a real person so I can see their features best to make sure they are as close to the persons as I can.

Soemtimes though, if just making a random sim, I will add the hair first and then work around the hair (weird I know ).

CK213

I usually start with the random sim button or simply the first sim that pops up if I want to work with them. I may choose some of the odder default facial features and tweak them back to something more normal. Then I start choosing hair styles. I usually don't make them bald, but I may make them bald once in while to see what they look like without hair and I may tweak them some more.

katana_x

jericho13 wrote:I actually start with traits and work backwards. Decide who the sim is going to be, and from there I decide what he's going to look like, to fit the characteristics I gave him.

I have a hard time deciding on traits. I've never worked from the traits backward, but I might have to start doing that just to get myself going. Interesting idea.
kmsim15

KidsinLove- I love your new avatar, she is really pretty.

I usually just randomize sims for a while until I find one I like and then I tweak them how I want. I actually spend more time on their clothes.
Buffyspiker

XKidsInLoveX wrote:When you make a new sim, whats the first thing you do? (aside from skintone, weight and muscle sliders ect) The first thing i do is make them bald (even if its a female) remove any and all makeup, then jump into designing their face so i can see everything without hair and make up. What about you?

Haha, yep, that's bang on exactly what I do too.

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: