Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Installing Town Life Triggers Warning  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Town Life
m5computing

I have the base game, Late Night, and High End Loft installed, with all current patches. When I tried to install Town Life from the DVD, I got a warning that The Sims 3 that is installed is more recent than Town Life and I would need an update before I could play the game again. I backed out of the install. Is this safe to install? Would I need to just open the Sims 3 launcher and download whatever (hopefully not too big) update is offered?

Thanks,

Emily
KarinL

m5computing wrote:When I tried to install Town Life from the DVD, I got a warning that The Sims 3 that is installed is more recent than Town Life.

Town Life Stuff was released in July 2011. Your Sims 3 game that is on your computer and fully patched is *more recent* than your TLS disk, since the game that is on your computer has all the recent patches, including the ones that came long after TLS was released.

What the warning means, is that when installation is finished, you will need to patch your game before you can play, to bring TLS up-to-date with the rest of your game.

If you have 'automatic updates' on you'll get the warning automatically, if not, you need to go in the launcher and manually update before you can play.

m5computing

I installed Town Life, and afterward The Sims 3 Launcher said my game was up to date. So much for that worry...

Post Reply Forum Index » Town Life
Go to: