Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Noooo ... not autonomous w HIGH attraction! Why EA? Why?  XML
Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
amjoie

I had my sim on static motives, so she could make everything fireproof and unbreakable in the new kitchen. After that, I wanted to take pics. She started deep frying. Since she was full, I cancelled the eat icon, and had her put the food in the frig. She immediately started deep frying, autonomously. I cancelled the eat interaction. She put it on the counter. Before I could even get her to put it in the frig, she started deep frying again, autonomously. I couldn't believe it. So I cancelled eat, again. She started deep frying. Look at how many are on the table and the counter. One is in the dishwasher and one in the frig. I finally had to put it on pause, and use a cheat so I could put an "object in use" in the family inventory.

I shrugged and thought I could maybe live with the inconvenience of taking the deep fryer out of the family inventory every time I wanted to use it. I unpaused the game. She immediately went over to the ice cream maker and started making ice cream. Nooooooo!

You will note that she is completely full, and obsessed with either deep frying or making ice cream. Can you imagine how fat she would have been, eating all that???

This is too much. And I was so looking forward to having these. I won't even be able to enjoy them, like this. I could cry.

I didn't even test them to see if they could be used in a commercial lot, like I was going to do. Because with this high an attraction, and with them autonomous, the deep fryer and ice cream maker are not going to go on community lots. They are DANGEROUS to sims.

She deep fried, non-stop ...

... and then right over to the ice cream maker. All while completely full.

Well, I can be philosophical. I decided to just enjoy the rest of the set. I had her light the fire, and that's when I saw red.

I mean, really, when you made this fireplace, EA, did you really NOT - EVEN - LIGHT - THE - FIRE? What is this? Holy fire?

If you wonder where the wood went, it's plastered way against the back wall of the fireplace, where it is hard to see unless the camera is angled just right.

All I can say is ... just FIX it!

And while you are at it, take the autonomous interaction off the deep fryer and ice cream maker.

But, if anyone is still interested, here are some more pics of the set, in game.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/01/12 11:37 PM

The social whirl makes me dizzy, so though I am beginning to feel guilty about it, I must remain at zero friends. But thank you for your requests.
candy8

I love the kitchen thanks for showing the pictures I was not going to get this one. I think might change my mind. Sorry it does not work right well maybe I should just wait. I really don't know what to say I fell your pain.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/26/12 11:09 PM

amjoie

candy8 wrote:I love the kitchen thanks for showing the pictures I was not going to get this one. I think might change my mind. Sorry it does not work right well maybe I should just wait. I really don't know what to say I fell your pain.

Did you read the post, or just look at the pics? Yes, it's beautiful. But you can't leave the deep fryer or ice cream maker on the counter unless you want morbidly obese sims. And the fireplace is broken. Just so you know what you're buying ...

EDIT: Ah, I see you edited your reply after you read the post. Yah.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/26/12 11:14 PM

The social whirl makes me dizzy, so though I am beginning to feel guilty about it, I must remain at zero friends. But thank you for your requests.
katana_x

This is highly unfortunate. So they won't be useful for a community lot, except for active Sims, and you can't have them in a residential lot either, or the active Sims will spend all their time making ice cream and fried foods. Boo.

Someone will probably mod these very soon, and if not, I might have to do it myself.
TheMomminator

I haven't had a chance to purchase or play with the set yet. I'll let you know if it happens in my game too.
HappySimmer3

You know, I almost clicked on buy and then thought, no, I better go read the forum to see if there's anything wrong with them. EA trained me to do that, you see, with putting out so many defective products.

Thank you for warning everyone, amjoie. I know there will probably be a mod out that will fix it, and maybe I'll end up buying and modding it, but I am getting so darn tired of having to mod everything in this game to get it to function in a manner that doesn't ruin the whole game for me.

amjoie

TheMomminator wrote:I haven't had a chance to purchase or play with the set yet. I'll let you know if it happens in my game too.

Oh, it will happen. When your back is turned. It will just take a bit longer, because they may do something else in between. But as soon as emergency needs are met, they will be back at it.

Sims on static motives have nothing to do, so they will turn to the thing that promises them the most "benefit/pleasure." Either that, or they will stand and do nothing. My sim deep fried non-stop, without pause. That means there is something dramatically wrong, here.

Sims with normal motives have a wider range of things to choose from, usually based on their lowest needs bar. But these two items are set to attract sims, regardless of whether or not they are full, and whether or not they have other needs. It is a mistake. They were set with too high an attraction.

@HappySimmer3: I know someone will make a mod, and I'll be first in line to get it. But why can't we depend on EA to fix these things?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/01/12 11:32 PM

TheMomminator

Well since I don't use cheats to keep my sims motives static and I keep them busy, this probably won't be the crisis for me that you seem to think it is.
catloverplayer

There is a lifetime reward that keeps sims from getting fat.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
Dragon123561

I haven't ran across any bugs with the new items yet, I guess your sim loves fried food lol you will get indigestion moodlet. if you eat alot of fried food.

StarlingGray

I was gonna buy the set tomorrow, but UGH, I hate it when Sims obsess over things. Seriously, it makes me want to kill them in the most horrible way possible.

Not very bright, adding high attraction to FOOD items. It should be gated by their hunger motive just as the fridge is.

I'll be Peter Pan, and you just be pretty.
Arletta

I've not had any problems with my sims wanting to autonomously and repeatedly use the fryer. I've had two sims at individual times with slight hunger want to get an ice cream.

I did only play so far with them for an hour.

To err is human. To blame a computer is even more human.

http://arlettats3.blogspot.co.uk/
amjoie

TheMomminator wrote:Well since I don't use cheats to keep my sims motives static and I keep them busy, this probably won't be the crisis for me that you seem to think it is.

If you micromanage one or two sims, it would not immediately be a problem. I agree with you on that. But so many people do not micromanage sims, or have sims that require attention for their professions, leaving some sims at home unattended. Then it becomes a problem.

Bad code is bad code, and should be fixed.

I don't always play with static motives, but I play large households, with multiple adults, some children, and pets. Something like this will render my game unplayable.

missthestopsign

I haven't had the chance to actually play with the new items yet, but I have placed them on a community lot so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

On a semi-related note, I really love the way you recolored everything. It looks great!
Writin_Reg

Huh, I have a house of 7 roommates with all different traits and have not had any problem. They have made fried food, the same as they use the stove, eat, clean up and go do what ever.

I wonder if it is because you have your sims on Static needs - as no problem in a normal big household of roomies and one is even a chef. I have only had two get ice cream.

I don't have CC or mods (right this moment) and rarely - if ever use cheats. But for me they are working nice, so far.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/01/12 04:02 AM

Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: