Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
So does this mean that KPSP is not the REAL stuff pack?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
crystal91390

If the rumours of the Diesel Stuff pack is true, does that mean that KPSP is not the REAL stuff pack but more of a BONUS stuff pack? (sorry if that didn't make sense) I just read some of the comments left on some sims website and it did make me wonder why they would release 2 stuff packs so close together. Again, until it's announced officially everything is still just rumours and speculations but IF it is true what do you feel about it?

I personally hope that it's true and that they add clothing for males and other age groups on the diesel stuff pack.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/29/12 02:51 AM

rk800

crystal91390 wrote:If the rumours of the Diesel Stuff pack is true, does that mean that KPSP is not the REAL stuff pack but more of a BONUS stuff pack? (sorry if that didn't make sense) I just read some of the comments left on some sims website and it did make me wonder why they would release 2 stuff packs so close together. Again, until it's announced officially everything is still just rumours and speculations but IF it is true what do you feel about it?

I personally hope that it's true and that they add clothing for males and other age groups on the diesel stuff pack.

Me too! I love the idea of a (semi)designer label collaborating with The Sims!

slynnski

Location:On the Titanic, in a fancy dress, sipping tea in the 1st class lounge.

If the rumors are indeed true about Diesel, I would have to say that Sweet Treats is indeed a 'bonus' pack. One of the things that made people so skeptical about whether or not Sweet Treats was real (before it was announced, of course) is that it doesn't have the word 'Stuff' at the end of the title like all of the other SPs do. So if Diesel is actually released in July, what I stated previously in my opinion confirms that Sweet Treats is just an add-on, if you will.

I hope what I said makes sense.

Participate in my contest!
Vermatrix

I think KPSP is a real stuff pack only with an extra $10 or so tacked onto the price just because it has the name Katy Perry on the cover as if anyone other than the staff at EA Games really care who she is.

crystal91390

I guess I should have worded that differently, what I meant by "real" is for example we're supposed to get 10 stuff packs throughout the whole TS3 series we already have 5 stuff packs out (High End, Fast Lane, Outdoor Living, Town Life, Master Suites) and now we're getting KPSP which would be the 6th SP out. But there are also rumours of a Diesel stuff pack that is rumoured to come out a month after Sweet Treats which is weird, so IF it is true then that must mean that KPSP is basically a 'bonus' stuff pack. Which makes me extremely happy since I don't feel like I'm missing out on a stuff pack if I decide to not purchase KPSP, since another one would be coming out shortly after.

GabbyGirlJ

crystal91390 wrote:I guess I should have worded that differently, what I meant by "real" is for example we're supposed to get 10 stuff packs throughout the whole TS3 series we already have 5 stuff packs out (High End, Fast Lane, Outdoor Living, Town Life, Master Suites) and now we're getting KPSP which would be the 6th SP out. But there are also rumours of a Diesel stuff pack that is rumoured to come out a month after Sweet Treats which is weird, so IF it is true then that must mean that KPSP is basically a 'bonus' stuff pack. Which makes me extremely happy since I don't feel like I'm missing out on a stuff pack if I decide to not purchase KPSP, since another one would be coming out shortly after.

I understand exactly what you were saying, and honestly I wondered that from the second that Sweet Treats was announced since it is so themed, it supposedly has more stuff than a regular SP, it has to do with KP, and it's being released right after Showtime. That all made it seem kind of like a "bonus" SP to me. Combine that with the rumors of another SP being released in July, and that makes it seem even more like an extra.

"You're not as bad as everyone says you are."
sharena333

Vermatrix wrote:I think KPSP is a real stuff pack only with an extra $10 or so tacked onto the price just because it has the name Katy Perry on the cover as if anyone other than the staff at EA Games really care who she is.

That's true but it is also $10 extra because it has WAY more stuff in this SP it has WAY more than any other SP!

Hi,
crystal91390. This is a real SP (Stuff Pack)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/29/12 01:23 AM

Want a friend? Need a friend? Feel Free to add me!

http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sharena333
SoupySpecs

Vermatrix wrote:I think KPSP is a real stuff pack only with an extra $10 or so tacked onto the price just because it has the name Katy Perry on the cover as if anyone other than the staff at EA Games really care who she is.

Caring about who someone is, and caring about how much money they can make you are two totally different things.
stormwench

I don't know if I would call KPST a bonus, but I would guess that Diesel was the SP that the SP team was working on before they decided to do a KPST around KP and see if it flew. Obviously the SP team works from the release of one SP to the next and when we saw the live chat they did not have months of work done on this 'mega pack' they were offering.

Makes sens the Diesel would have been all but complete by the time the KPST pack came into being so July would not be a release date that would be hard to make.

I think they thought that making an extra SP with KP involved would be a big seller coming right after ST and so dropped what they were doing to build one around her.

If this is true then at least we are not 'losing' out on the planned SP for sims even if we don't get KPST.

crystal91390

stormwench wrote:I don't know if I would call KPST a bonus, but I would guess that Diesel was the SP that the SP team was working on before they decided to do a KPST around KP and see if it flew. Obviously the SP team works from the release of one SP to the next and when we saw the live chat they did not have months of work done on this 'mega pack' they were offering.

Makes sens the Diesel would have been all but complete by the time the KPST pack came into being so July would not be a release date that would be hard to make.

I think they thought that making an extra SP with KP involved would be a big seller coming right after ST and so dropped what they were doing to build one around her.

If this is true then at least we are not 'losing' out on the planned SP for sims even if we don't get KPST.

This is what I'm happy about too

I think they needed to really push all the KP merchandise since Katy Perry has a movie coming out this year.

Callum9432

It does still count as a "real" SP. It is labelled as SP6

PEACHES327

Callum9432 wrote:It does still count as a "real" SP. It is labelled as SP6

^This.

However, since I fully plan on skipping KPSP I would be all over the Diesel SP like butter!

niac1234

I'm on the fence about that. I actually has more than the average stuff pack, and it costs more, so perhaps it is something else. If you look at all of the stuff pack covers and logos, they say Stuff Pack, but this one just says Katy Perrry Sweet Treats, not Sweet treats stuff pack, plus, diesel will come out less than a month later, so, unless we're getting 2 EP's at once, I don't think Katy Perry Sweet treats counts as SP 7.

thesimdeej33

KPST is definately a real stuff pack. We will still get a badge on our MySim Page saying that we have or have not registered it.

stormwench

Well, I think that those icons mean we have registered a release, not necessarily what it was - EP or SP or 'bonus'. Its definitely considered a SP I would guess as it was made the SP team and has the SP6 count. Its not a fake SP but perhaps an extra one.

I think what people mean, if there is one scheduled for July, is the KPST might not have been the original one planned for SP6, and they jumped on KPST for whatever reason - for her or EA - and then will release the Diesel one a month later then planned.

It could be a new thing for EA too - SPs more often then before. Its arguable that supposedly only 12 URLs had ever been reserved for EPs and 12 for SPs but there is no rule that says they can't register more if they run out. Then again - maybe this is not really SP6 but a MSP (mega stuff pack) 1 - although there are still not dozens and dozens more content in the catalog as promised.

I still can't figure out why EA would do this as doing so would probably cut into the sales of both SPs unless pre-orders are so low on KPST that they feel they can't lose with a second SP although that would be sure to cut into any post release purchases of KPST if people know another is coming in 30 days they would rather have. I am sure even the rumor of a July release has had some choose not to pre-order and wait to see if there is an announcement on a second one for July.

EA could also be hurting further SP pre-orders this way, once those who have ordered KPST find they can't afford another SP in 30 days and have to wait and think 'gee if I had not pre-ordered I could have waited and gotten this other one'. Next time if they are not 100% sure of liking a SP they would wait to order until they knew a second one was not coming out. And this could also cut into initial sales of another SP because many would have already spent money on KPST.

Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Go to: