Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Please help me out.  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
elelia1

Today I got ambitions, I am so so happy. I've installed it fine, no problems.
In game there seems to be problems, all i've tried is architect.
First of all, there is this. It says Missing texture when trying to sketch

and then when going to do jobs at houses it all works okay but during or a little bit after it freaks out and the whole screen goes on black (like when the monitor is on but its a black image) and then proper black (monitor seems to be off) and flicks between them with the cursor and sound working okay.
I've tried reinstalling, restarting and I am up to date. My game was working fine before the install.

I've got a few mods but i've never had any problems with them before, when installing I didn't do anything with the package file

I have:
Base game
Pets
High End loft
Town Life
Outdoor living
World adventures

Specs

Thank you for reading and please suggest anything.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/29/12 09:32 PM

jimmysnan

Check for a graphics card update, you may need to install it. Do you have a lot of custom content? You may have some content that is not good, check also for bad files. I do not know what else to tell you but at least this will bump this up for someone else that might know more.

We are all of us, angels with only one wing and together we fly. Thanks for helping me soar.

Nik24X7

Are you on the latest patch? If not, try downloading and installing it and then get updated versions of your mods to match the patch level.

Do you have any mods that affect the drawings and paintings that your Sims can make? If so, try removing that mod.

Another thing to try is to start a new game with a new world. Choose a Sim and have him/her join the architectural designer profession. See if you still have the same problem. If not, it might be that your old game somehow became corrupted when you installed Ambitions.

You might also want to try moving yur Mods folder to your Desktop and start up the game without mods. See if that makes a difference. You can always put the Mods folder back into your game later.

It's not supposed to make a difference in what order you install the EPs and SPs but ya never know. If nothing else solves the problem, save your Saves folder to your desktop and then do a complete re-install from base game up through each EP and SP in order. You can then move your Saves folder back into your game. It's a lot of work to do so, so only do that as a last resort.

Good luck!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/29/12 09:46 PM

elelia1

Nik24X7 wrote:Are you on the latest patch? If not, try downloading and installing it and then get updated versions of your mods to match the patch level.

Do you have any mods that affect the drawings and paintings that your Sims can make? If so, try removing that mod.

Another thing to try is to start a new game with a new world. Choose a Sim and have him/her join the architectural designer profession. See if you still have the same problem. If not, it might be that your old game somehow became corrupted when you installed Ambitions.

You might also want to try moving yur Mods folder to your Desktop and start up the game without mods. See if that makes a difference. You can always put the Mods folder back into your game later.

It's not supposed to make a difference in what order you install the EPs and SPs but ya never know. If nothing else solves the problem, save your Saves folder to your desktop and then do a complete re-install from base game up through each EP and SP in order. You can then move your Saves folder back into your game. It's a lot of work to do so, so only do that as a last resort.

Good luck!

Thank you for this!
1. Yeah, i'm updated
2. I didn't think I did but when I moved the mods folder the texture thing fixed itself
3. Tried this
4. As said, it fixed the texture issue
5. I'm reinstalling everything now apart from the base game

Thank you for helping me fix the texture issue but i've still got the black screen issue which is the main problem so if anyone else has suggestions that would be great!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/30/12 09:05 PM

elelia1

Issue remains.
I reinstalled each one in order but no luck
Please can someone help me out?

Nik24X7

The black screen problem sounds like a graphics card issue. Are you sure that your graphics card is supported? Check with the manufacturer for the latest video drivers for your card. That might solve the problem. Good luck!
bob007

This is my opinion - I've noticed the minimum graphic requirement seems to be creeping up ever so slowly until PETS. I think PETS raised the bar and exceeded some of the graphics chips on the minimum requirements list. There have been many posts about integrated video chips since PETS. While Intel integrated video chips may (and this is a big may) run TS3 the graphics chip also requires a device driver to operate correctly. Intel releases very stable video device drivers but they seem to be lacking in the gaming department. One reason gamers don't use Intel graphics is because Intel is not known for timely device driver updates. If your hoping for a video driver update don't hold your breath.

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: