Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
World Adventures Problem  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
wait4yesterday

I have all expansion packs and 2 stuff packs.

Anyways, when I'm playing and try to send my character abroad, the game will start to load like normal, but then all of a sudden it will completely exit. I've tried going to all three destinations and using a phone and a computer. I just don't know whats causing it and would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to fix it. I've allso tried uninstalling it, but for some reason it wont let me.
KatAnubis

Although it's happening with WA, it sounds like a computer problem. It could also be that you need to clear your caches. Another source of problems could be any mods you might have (which often cause this sort of problem.)
boyscore

What are caches?
KatAnubis

Caches are the packages that help your computer start the game faster. However, they can get corrupted and cause problems.

You find them in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Don't mess with the ones in folders, but the ones in the main area will all regenerate when you start the game again (and no longer be corrupted.)
bluelagoon89

Mine does it when I try and go home, could that be the same problem? The caches? Also, most of my inventory is missing. :/
vonHentzau

When you say "clear the caches," do you mean delete them? I'm not having any particular problem, just lots of little glitches, and very slow load times.
KatAnubis

vonHentzau wrote:When you say "clear the caches," do you mean delete them? I'm not having any particular problem, just lots of little glitches, and very slow load times.

Yes, delete them. They will regenerate (and much healthier.)

Also, there's another file that stilicho410 has mentioned (but I'm not sure of the name but I think it has dll in it) which can go bad when it gets too big. If you look up his posts you should find something about it because he's written about it several times.
nickibitsward

Hi - delete these ones (I do, before starting the game)

-caspart cache
-compositor cache
-script cache
-sim compositor cache

They regenerate each time you play.
Corwin_Alexander

nickibitsward wrote:Hi - delete these ones (I do, before starting the game)

-caspart cache
-compositor cache
-script cache
-sim compositor cache

They regenerate each time you play.

There is also (apparently) some files in the save games folders that should be deleted, but I can't remember which (which is why I'm here today; to delete the destination specific files that might allow me to get adventures from the board again).
Minx2308

There is also (apparently) some files in the save games folders that should be deleted, but I can't remember which (which is why I'm here today; to delete the destination specific files that might allow me to get adventures from the board again).

Did anybody find out what the specific file name that needs o be removed to play adventures with no problems. I'm still having problems. Any help would be appreciated. I am interested in the file above that might help me correct problems with my game.

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: