Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Farming Ep  XML
Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
littlelinford

Some of you may know, there is a possibility of a farming ep for TS3.

This is quoted:

"gardening and harvestable items expanded to include cash crops: corn, wheat, rice, coffee and sugarcane.
Raise cattle and livestock: Cows, sheep, pigs, llamas, ostriches and chickens.
sell your extra meat, eggs, milk and produce at the farmers market
fight drought, insects, crows and WOLVES(!) pesticides, scarecorws (fight scarecrows?) and electric fences. "

WOW! Personally i think this is brilliant. EA did well with pets and horses, imagine llamas, chickens, cows etc! the animals would be cute and fun, and it would be very comical, especially if there is cow milking, sheep shearing, egg collecting, wolves, electric fences etc. I think this would be amazing.

What would your suggestions be? What are you hoping there is?
littlelinford

Just thought, would be ideal to add weather with this one
CK213

littlelinford wrote:Just thought, would be ideal to add weather with this one

Well it will certainly give me a good laugh about the guy's post who said EA would never bring Horses and Farming to the Sims 3. He's already been proven wrong on horses and equestrian activities.

Pets, Farming, and Seasons would be a powerful combo.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/02/12 07:57 PM

SimsTias

CK213 wrote:
Pets, Farming, and Seasons would be a powerful combo.

true that! Sims 3 would be alot better with Seasons and Farming, when these two Ep's comes out Sims 3 might take the crown from Sims 2 if they are made good and are not half assed... xD

zzuiozz

this is perfect exactly what ive been waiting for

boom
Kiry904

Personally I cannot find anything interesting about a Farming feature. Of course it is a big plus if it comes with the Seasons EP but I'm not convinced to use it yet.

To me farming on a game sounds like a lot of grinding and very Farmville/Farmtown-esque. The only thing I could see you doing with your crops is selling them (which there are much better/easier ways to make money) or cooking with them.
CK213

Kiry904 wrote: Personally I cannot find anything interesting about a Farming feature. Of course it is a big plus if it comes with the Seasons EP but I'm not convinced to use it yet.

To me farming on a game sounds like a lot of grinding and very Farmville/Farmtown-esque. The only thing I could see you doing with your crops is selling them (which there are much better/easier ways to make money) or cooking with them.

The mechanics of The Sims is basically grinding. You build skills, you grind.

I think the point is what lifestyle simmers want to live out with their sims not the best way to make money. Some want to do it in cities, some want to do it on a farm. Some simmers get a kick out of animals and growing things. A metaphor Will Wright used in the creation of Sim City was a garden. You were basically growing a city.

I wasn't much interested in gardening, but I started a little project with my alien sims growing fruits and vegetables in their "Crop Circle". I found myself enjoying it. But of course there were other things to do than just tend the garden. I suspect there will more to an EP than just tending the crops.

didiruvalcaba

littlelinford wrote:Just thought, would be ideal to add weather with this one

Weather/Seasons deserves its own EP! don't mix it we need family activities!

we need something like halloween & Christmas! and there is a Hindi holiday that is just so fun its colorful and fun to do! mix that in to weather/seasons!
StarlingGray

I'd like it.. as long as they don't make it a social feature to go to your friends' farms and tend their crops, like Farmville. Facebook stuff just needs to stay as far away from the Sims as possible.

I'll be Peter Pan, and you just be pretty.
Vasculio294

CK213 wrote:
Kiry904 wrote: Personally I cannot find anything interesting about a Farming feature. Of course it is a big plus if it comes with the Seasons EP but I'm not convinced to use it yet.

The mechanics of The Sims is basically grinding. You build skills, you grind.

I think the point is what lifestyle simmers want to live out with their sims not the best way to make money. Some want to do it in cities, some want to do it on a farm. Some simmers get a kick out of animals and growing things. A metaphor Will Wright used in the creation of Sim City was a garden. You were basically growing a city.

I wasn't much interested in gardening, but I started a little project with my alien sims growing fruits and vegetables in their "Crop Circle". I found myself enjoying it. But of course there were other things to do than just tend the garden. I suspect there will more to an EP than just tending the crops.

Did you make that Alien or was she with the Sim World? If you made it. Thats pretty good!

The Sims
Epic Win? or Epic Fail? Only Time Will Tell...
CK213

Vasculio294 wrote:

Did you make that Alien or was she with the Sim World? If you made it. Thats pretty good!

A little CAS magic and CC eye contacts and ear sliders.

slynnski

Location:On the Titanic, in a fancy dress, sipping tea in the 1st class lounge.

I'm not completely sold on the farming idea either, to be honest. There would need to be a ton of depth added to it (and seasons) to make it worthwhile in my opinion. Even then it would feel almost Harvest Moon-ish, or FarmVille, as others have already stated.

CK, your aliens are beautiful by the way.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/03/12 01:40 AM

Participate in my contest!
Vasculio294

CK213 wrote:
Vasculio294 wrote:

A little CAS magic and CC eye contacts and ear sliders.

If they bring them back like your CAS i'll be more open minded about Aliens returning.
To EA please don't bring back the process getting an alien from The Sims 2. My male sim was scarred for life... and couldn't have kids with any woman after that.

The Sims
Epic Win? or Epic Fail? Only Time Will Tell...
breville69

This would be the ultimate expansion pack with seasons and a little holiday in the mix.Yeah, I would paid big bucks for it, if it runs good!!
GBA91101Nver4get

I would love to have a farming EP. In the sims 1 i downloaded some chickens that laid eggs. It was a lot of fun, because my sims make some extra money raising chickens and selling the eggs.

Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best. RIP 10-5-2011

Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: