Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
how's the new TABLET?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
extremeasaur

Has anyone downloaded the new set and played with the tablet yet?

Is it cool? Does it do anything neat?

I'm at work and can't test it out yet.
MaxQBaker

extremeasaur wrote:Has anyone downloaded the new set and played with the tablet yet?

the tablet is cool, but when i listen to tabCasts, I had a feeling i would gain a skill or soemthing. The sim sits down for about two seconds, then puts it away. not sure if it's a bug (a bug>!>!>! never!!! ) or if it behaving as designed and maybe my sim already has that skill or something.

But it gives you several options including shopping for books online for direct download (the whole bookstore), reading books, listening to tabCast (skill books audio programs.), playing social games, and giving the tablet as a gift.

(and my game does have a glitch with the tabCast. I have seen it working elsewhere and it is very cool, with a little bluetooth earpiece and green motion halo.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/04/12 03:30 AM

take0nme

i see myself getting this tablet very soon

GBA91101Nver4get

That's really awesome, I hope a tablet gets released in an EP.

Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best. RIP 10-5-2011
RainbowSimQueen

The option to download books from the bookstore is great! Can't wait to get it.

I love me, I love me enough for the both of us
That's why you trust me, I know you been through more than most of us~Drake<3
Beastboy840

Sweet! I never thought I'd ever see a tablet in the Sims. Gotta get this.

Im back! Again! This time for real.
Jenieusa

MaxQBaker wrote:
extremeasaur wrote:Has anyone downloaded the new set and played with the tablet yet?

the tablet is cool, but when i listen to tabCasts, I had a feeling i would gain a skill or soemthing. The sim sits down for about two seconds, then puts it away. not sure if it's a bug (a bug>!>!>! never!!! ) or if it behaving as designed and maybe my sim already has that skill or something.

But it gives you several options including shopping for books online for direct download (the whole bookstore), reading books, listening to tabCast (skill books audio programs.), playing social games, and giving the tablet as a gift.

(and my game does have a glitch with the tabCast. I have seen it working elsewhere and it is very cool, with a little bluetooth earpiece and green motion halo.)

Ok the way it works....

lets say your sim need cooking skills...where ever they are at in the level...say its really close to going to level 4...so you have them do the podcast for cooking...well...as soon as the next level is reached they are done for now...and put it away....

MistyLake

And one, OF COURSE, can not buy this tablet without the whole set, correct?

"By Grabthar's Hammer, By The Suns Of Warvan..May The Sims Rule Forever!"
https://twitter.com/ekaLytsiM
Faith_Andhope

For now, I do not think it is available outside the new set. Probably a couple of wees until the set SALE is done.
Jarsie9

I see I am not the only one annoyed by this.

EA, I have money NOW; I may not have money 2 weeks from now. You might want to consider that it's better to make 5 bucks NOW than risk losing 15 bucks. I have a feeling you'd make more money if you had released the tablet for individual sale than from confining it to the set. As it is, I'm excited now, but two weeks from now, I may be looking at that tablet and saying: meh.

Especially if there's a lot of complaints about it.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
Nik24X7

I bought the set to complement my other goth sets. I'm loving the tablet! I've purchased one for each member of the family. I love how they can study with the skill books no matter where they are. I plan to give one to each Sim as I switch households.
MaxQBaker

Jenieusa wrote:
MaxQBaker wrote:

Ok the way it works....

lets say your sim need cooking skills...where ever they are at in the level...say its really close to going to level 4...so you have them do the podcast for cooking...well...as soon as the next level is reached they are done for now...and put it away....

Yup. I have seen it in action. It was definitely not working in my game before.

I uninstalled all content, deleted by dccache and dbcache folders, reinstalled akll store content, and got to see it working (but then my Tree of Propserity and my Deep fryer didn't show up in the game) (no other CC or mods loaded) ... and reinstalled a ton of stuff again, and for the moment seem to have some working store content again. (whew.)

Angelllite7

GBA91101Nver4get wrote:That's really awesome, I hope a tablet gets released in an EP.

doubtful since it's premium content in the store

SimsGirlForever03

O.O Woah, I may have been gone from the site for awhile but since when did we get TABLETS?

One does not simply, simply not does one.
KATRINAMARRIOTT

I bought the new tablet for two of my sims and discovered something interesting when they use it. For example, say you what your sim to improve their logic skill? First get them to listen to the logic tabcast and either get them to play chess, use the lab set or read a logic book at the same time and they will actually gain the skill faster. I got my sim girl to max out her logical skill in 1 sim week!!

No wise or witty comments, just think I'm addicted to the Sims!!

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: