Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
What the heck!? No!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
DarkGamer7

.. My game got frozen.. and closed down.. I was finishing a house I was building and busy with for 2-3 hours.. Same goes for the household. Darnit. That was a waste of time.
LetterFromAThief

Ugh, I hate it when that happens. Things like that make me want to go back to Sims 2. That stuff never happened to me with that game...

Sorry to hear that it happened to you

Dallas12128

Wow, I would have gone into full rage mode and broke my computer.
(I have anger problems obviously...)
jericho13

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Saver

Use it. Love it. Never have this problem again.
Dallas12128

Shouldnt have to use mods..
>:{
I dont use them and that has never happend to me..
DarkGamer7

This is the first time it has happened to me. -sigh- The house turned out great.
jericho13

Dallas12128 wrote:Shouldnt have to use mods..
>:{
I dont use them and that has never happend to me..

Mods are optional quality of life additions to the game.

It would be nice if EA built in an autosave feature, but it's not likely to happen.

So now our options are either remember to save frequently, or download something that reminds us to save frequently. Or flirt with disaster and accept that you may at some point lose many hours of work due to a computer issue.
petlady

Nraas, or Twallen's mods, are safe and will help you to love your game again.

Petlady--She's real, she's alive, she's in your neighborhood! Anyone care for cookies and milk?
DarkGamer7

Thing is, I was just done with my house, realized that I wanted a different Fireplace. So switched from livemode to build mode, and that's when it got stuck.
WoWLynnia

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I lost a community venue that I was about five minutes away from finishing--big family fun center with arcade games, rock-climbing walls, etc. Luckily, I saved the neighborhood right before going into building it, but I still lost all that work.

DarkGamer7

petlady wrote:Nraas, or Twallen's mods, are safe and will help you to love your game again.

Oh, I love the Sims 3. Honestly, I am not raging or something, just disappointed. I don't want to use mods. And to be honest, Autosave sounds terrible to me, sure. It could prevent situations like this but, I would hate it if my sims die, just for autosave to save that moment. So I rather not use that.
DarkGamer7

WoWLynnia wrote:Same thing happened to me yesterday. I lost a community venue that I was about five minutes away from finishing--big family fun center with arcade games, rock-climbing walls, etc. Luckily, I saved the neighborhood right before going into building it, but I still lost all that work.

Sorry to hear that..
Lfria

You could always set an alarm, or have a specific time that you save the game. Like when I'm playing I save every sim morning at 7. If I build (rare) I will set an alarm to go off in an hour in case I forget to save

lexylongcat

Wow, It seems everybody is losing their hard work. Maybe someone should contact EA about this? Or maybe is the internet connection. ooo

when someone opens the door of opportunity. its your duty to go into that door

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/04/12 05:50 PM

my cat is named lexy. shes long and shes a cat!

TSR rocks
VexingQuery

My game's always been a bit touchy, with a perverse love of crashing unexpectedly right as I am doing/ just did something cool. I'm in the habit of saving at regular intervals:

- When building, I save whenever I complete one major step of a build, such as when I finish with the floorplan, and every time I complete one room.

- When playing, I save every night (or morning, if my sims are nocturnal) while all my sims are in bed. I also save immediately after major events that I don't want to have to redo.

It's just a smart habit to get into.

Downloads and Simful Acts

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: