Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Canom (W.I.P.) Opinions, suggestions?  XML
Forum Index » Create a World
nativeofny

I decided to go out of my comfort zone for this world I'm creating, and put a big mountain in the back of it. This mountain and the trees and all probably will be nothing but eye candy, but I want it to be a central focus of the scenery and theme of the suburban area of this place. I want to create parks and whatnot that surround it also. This was the first ever mountain I attempted and I have to say, I think it looks pretty awesome:

What do you think? leave opinions or suggestions for the world!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/05/12 02:44 PM

hugzandpipes1

Wow, my silly hill looks really lame now
Hopefully, your pics will inspire me to do better
Rflong7

Hi,

They're Awesome.
nativeofny

Hey, thanks guys! I appreciate it! Hugz, trust me lol. If I can do this, anyone can!

Johnnywr

Very impressive! I think it looks great. I like it a lot

nativeofny

Thanks so much! I want to put a really long road along the borders of the trees, I think that would be a winner for sure.

Sneakfeline0

Nice
nativeofny

Thank you!

tashie_baby11

Really lovely (: Beautiful.
xXPetraGirlXx

I love it! The view is awesome.

nativeofny

Hey, thanks for the compliments! I got started on placing roads and sculpting along those, so heres some updates:

Lennon777

Location:I'm just learning how to smile-that's not easy to do...

It's very nice, but I'd suggest painting a layer of dirt under all of those trees-I do it in my forested worlds and it makes it look far more authentic!

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
Virvatuli

It's really beautiful so far! Another thing you could improve is the placement of your vegetation, especially on picture 2 of your last picture post it looks a bit unnatural. Space them a bit less evenly, mix different types of plants, and also (and this is something which is easy to forget but makes a big difference) "spin" the trees - if you place them all at the same angle it will create a repetitive pattern. It'll be exciting to see your upcoming work! Best of luck!
nativeofny

Hey thanks for the suggestions guys! Lennon, I have a question. Do you mean putting dirt under the forest? What opacity do you suggest?

Virvatuli, thank you so much! Yes I also thought that it looked a bit strange when I took a second look, and I think I'll just scatter the bushes at the top of the hills and along the side there! I love the suggestions!

Lennon777

Location:I'm just learning how to smile-that's not easy to do...

I usually jut put it on opacity 5 and go around on 50 brush size for my worlds-it gives it a realistic touch.
This is what it looks like up-close;

(Since yours is a redwood forest, you may wish for a higher opacity.)
It all looks much better from a distance;

And using this method, I made this entire forest in one of my WIP's;

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet

Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: