Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
I have been charged twice for the same item! Please help!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
KayPapagei

So I had 716 Simpoints. I just bought a Sim Point bundle of 2,040. Costing me £12. I then went to purchase the August 2011 Compilation set which is currently in the daily deal for 940 Sim Points. I was charged twice, taking the total up to 1880!! I have been left with just 876 Sim Points, and I am obviously NOT happy since this has cost me quite a lot!!!

I have emailed the help centre but from experience they are pretty useless and I wondered if there was any way to get my Sim Points back, or has anyone else had this problem and had success in getting a refund on their Sim Points??

Please help!
Cbn036

This happened to me to a while back. I used the chat feature under EA's website (support/help section) I know I didn't hit the buy button twice. I bought a bundle of points, made one purchase and even if I had hit the buy button twice the amount that was deducted didn't match twice the price of the bundle and that's what was on my side . It was an odd amount that was deducted. It took me a while using the chat but I did eventually got my points back. Good luck...

Here's a link to another post where a simmer called and it was her fault for purchasing twice and she still got her points back:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/535842.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/06/12 04:25 AM

http://mstweedee.blogspot.com/
SirenHart

Hi there, I am the Simmer mentioned in the post above.

I highly recommend leaving a call back number for tech support and talking directly to someone. Give a number that you can be reached at easily at any time. When you post your number they will give you your case number. Write that down and keep it handy too. Have your purchase history pulled up and all the info you shared here in this post with us handy when they call you. It will help things go easier as you discuss the SimPoint issue to have all that ready.

I hope you get it fixed.

Time of day may have had an impact on how quickly they got back with me, but rest assured it is still the fastest and best way to resolve a SimPoint issue. This happened roughly around 3pm eastern time and they called back right away.

Don't worry, he told me that it happens to quite a few Simmers with the double charge due to browser errors and other mishaps like what happened to me.

One last note. I did have to log out and back in to my account to confirm I got my Simpoints back so if you don't see them when they tell you it has been refunded to you, try doing that first then proceed from there however they instuct you.

Good luck and happy simming

KarinL

When it happened to me I went to live chat (I'm in Europe, so phoning isn't the best option for me). If you make sure you get somebody at the Accounts/Billing department, they can fix this.

You can tell them that you've heard on the forums that people have had this problem and been refunded - if you tell them that from the start, that's one less excuse for them... LOL!!

I had this happen four times already. Once I tried by e-mail, but I never got a response. Since that was only a 100 point item, I didn't pursue it.
The last two times I went to live chat and got my points back within 15 minutes. They need to know what you bought, when you bought it and what your e-mail address is so they can get into your account. That's why you need the Accounts/Billing/Purchases department and not the technical support - the 'ordinary' support staff don't have any authority to get into your account and add points.
SirenHart

KarinL wrote:When it happened to me I went to live chat (I'm in Europe, so phoning isn't the best option for me). If you make sure you get somebody at the Accounts/Billing department, they can fix this.

You can tell them that you've heard on the forums that people have had this problem and been refunded - if you tell them that from the start, that's one less excuse for them... LOL!!

I had this happen four times already. Once I tried by e-mail, but I never got a response. Since that was only a 100 point item, I didn't pursue it.
The last two times I went to live chat and got my points back within 15 minutes. They need to know what you bought, when you bought it and what your e-mail address is so they can get into your account. That's why you need the Accounts/Billing/Purchases department and not the technical support - the 'ordinary' support staff don't have any authority to get into your account and add points.

Thank you so much for adding that. I forgot to be specific which support dept to contact. I keep assuming people know exactly what I mean when I mention SimPoints Issues and tech support. Me thinks it is past my bed time. Shh, don't tell... starts to sneak off to bed.
Cbn036

KarinL wrote:When it happened to me I went to live chat (I'm in Europe, so phoning isn't the best option for me). If you make sure you get somebody at the Accounts/Billing department, they can fix this.

yes, thanks for adding the department to ask for. I'm going to bookmark this post in case this happens to me in the future. So far it's only happened once and I've been playing Sims 3 from day one

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Go to: