Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
New EP suggestion - The Sims 3 Great Weddings!!  XML
Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
anuja_muse21

Hey!! I absolutely love Sims 3 in all its entirety! And my most favourite part in game is the "wedding". I love organising weddings in the game, however, there is not much that I can do
Only in the Generations EP you can arrange a bachelor/ette party, get an arch, the cake and all that.
Hence I would really love if Sims 3 came out with an EP dedicated to weddings - arranging a wedding, planning/building a venue (probably include a church as a community object!!),
or keep Wedding Planner as one of the professions in any upcoming EP!!

Please do think about it, it would be absolutely awesome!!! From the dress to assigning a BFF as 'Best Man' or 'Maid of Honor'. Right from the proposal, selecting a ring, having a rehearsal dinner as one of the party options and much more!
SimsTias

anuja_muse21 wrote:Hey!! I absolutely love Sims 3 in all its entirety! And my most favourite part in game is the "wedding". I love organising weddings in the game, however, there is not much that I can do
Only in the Generations EP you can arrange a bachelor/ette party, get an arch, the cake and all that.
Hence I would really love if Sims 3 came out with an EP dedicated to weddings - arranging a wedding, planning/building a venue (probably include a church as a community object!!),
or keep Wedding Planner as one of the professions in any upcoming EP!!

Please do think about it, it would be absolutely awesome!!! From the dress to assigning a BFF as 'Best Man' or 'Maid of Honor'. Right from the proposal, selecting a ring, having a rehearsal dinner as one of the party options and much more!

we can do almost all of that, you only need to use your imagination. Church you can build yourself or download from the Exchange, arrangin we can also already do, the only new you suggest is the "best man" thing. so no i don't want this...

SIMplified

The Romanza Set takes care of some extra wedding building needs and what we get in Gen is really all we'll be seeing. Like said you need imagination : D I made a park dedicated as a wedding spot. Built the arch, set up chairs, buffet tables, decorated and pretend it's THE wedding spot : D

BlackVenusFlytrap

I am not sure if this should be an entire EP.

You know, EPs are supposed to have wider appeal than that. It would be nice as part of a larger EP or an SP though.
anuja_muse21

I do all of that too!! I have created many wedding venues but in vain ..
so Ur saying I download a church from the exchange and then? I don't have an option of Arranging a wedding there right? like for example you use Ur phone to throw a Wedding party at a venue in Generations, for venue the Church would not be available..
Same goes for the selection of a Maid Of Honor/Best Man.. Rehearsal dinner.. there is a lot of scope there..
@BackVenusFlyTrap - I do agree with what you said, if they can include this in a SP even it would be awesome!
NicoleDisney

To be honest it is such a small part of game play to even put it in an SP would be unlikely. There are so many items already such as chairs, arches, dresses etc that all it takes to throw a good wedding is imagination.

catloverplayer

There is a proposed stuff pack called party stuff pack that will have new wedding stuff in it. It's a future stuff pack that is coming out.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
RedGarnet

I don't think you can do an entire expansion on that Maybe a stuff pack for special celebrations such as weddings and these type of parties

MadameLee

I think the OP is talking about the "wedding party" (ie. best man,bridesmaids, ring bearer, flower girl)

Sweetface

I kinda like the "Wedding Planner" career/option

MYSHUNO!
bosslaydee

i think you mean sp and wedding is STILL not enough content for a whole one.

DarrellRBeebe

One thing I would love to see returned for weddings is the Toasting Set from Sims 2. It was a lot of fun to see everyone gather for toasts, although you had to treat it very carefully or else the entire wedding party would have bladder failure.
A working chocolate fountain would spice up the party, too.
Oh, and how about the fruit punch keg from University? That would make a good party item.
The return of a Sim's ability to hire bartenders for parties would be welcome as well.
A wedding planner career would be a great idea as part of a larger "party/event" planner career. I would enjoy something like that. Of course, I am hungry from more careers anyway. The law career definitely needs to return!
Pensacola2010

I think there could be enough content to make this an EP:

- lots of wedding cakes ranging in size and price
- veils as accessories (short and long)
- tiaras and flowers for hair as accessories to be used together with the veils (mix and match)
- bouquets ranging in size and price
- the slow dance
- group dance (ex,the chicken dance)
- having guests congratulate the couple / family kiss
- toasting (standing and sitting)
- a hotel where the couple can check in and order room service
- romantic interactions at the table: feeding each other, stealing a bite of each others food, etc.
- open restaurants
- being able to create groups with sims outside of the household
- being able to vacation with sims outside of the household (ex. kids from prior relationships)
- the "take my picture" interaction (group poses would be nice)
- being able to order photos through the computer (so if you are playing a different household, they can have the photos too)
- a vacation world where the couple can honeymoon and be able to sunbathe, play/swim in the ocean, rub suntan lotion on each other, etc.
- children can dance on adults toes and with each other

While a couple of these things can be found already, many players do not use third party CC so EA making it would be great for them/me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/14/12 10:28 AM

alexspoom13

^ I like your ideas, but instead of it being a specific wedding EP have it be a romance EP. I'm sure some people on here would like that.

Pensacola2010

^Yes, calling it a wedding EP would be too specific. A romance/dating EP would be better. There's so much EA can do with this theme.

Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: