Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 Vacation?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
CountFav

I would like to see the return of a vacation expansion that was centered on vacations, it could have new sub worlds with very different locations and things to do in them. The main world could be like Italy with rolling hillside and a beautiful lake with lots of empty lots to add our own builds.

Sim Safari - can have wild animals roaming around like in the Pets Expansion. Wouldn't need pets for that because In Late Night there were pigeons. Sims can stay in the Safari Lodge or a new tent. A new car could be a jeep (tiger stripe jeep haha!) A new career could be Zoologist/explorer, in the Science facility, which would now be the science and zoology center. Possible return of the Zudu witch doctor.

Sim Greece - beautiful white houses, sandy beaches, blue seas (which could hopefully be used for swimming, If they can't swim in the sea then maybe a boat that could be used like a car, with an invisible road that can be set on top of water that the boat would float along) Obviously there can be temples to explore. A new community lot could be an open spa, with mud baths and massage tables circa Sims 1 (yes I know that would make the original spa rabbit hole not needed, but seriously would anyone care?) There could be new food. A new job could be history teacher/self employed relic finder(also compatible with WA EP)

Sim City - A mini city, for romantic breaks with little boutique hotels. A theatre/opera house. Some little shops like a florist, a bakery, clothes shop, jewelry shop and an ACTUAL cafe, these could also be a street market just using the registers. All of these things could be done with the WA registers. And these could also be new jobs as Sims could own and work in them. It could have a old romantic European look/feel to it, or a more modern Manhattan Soho/Greenwich/union square look.

Sim Aspen - A snowy resort for the Sims to enjoy. They could stay in a Ski lodge or in posh hotel. There could be the return of the Sauna and hot springs. The usual snow activities for all Sims to enjoy, snow ball fights, making snow-sims, snow angels. The new creature could be a Yetti.

What do you think?
(sorry I always ramble on a bit)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/05/12 04:22 PM

bosslaydee

they already did a vacations.. it was the first expansion, world adventures. theyre not gonna elaborate any further on it.

MadameLee

bosslaydee wrote:they already did a vacations.. it was the first expansion, world adventures. theyre not gonna elaborate any further on it.

um hello that first one wasn't at all Vacation like. Like Sims Vaction or the Sims 2 Bon Voyage. Its just more work,work,work.

bosslaydee

MadameLee wrote:
bosslaydee wrote:they already did a vacations.. it was the first expansion, world adventures. theyre not gonna elaborate any further on it.

um hello that first one wasn't at all Vacation like. Like Sims Vaction or the Sims 2 Bon Voyage. Its just more work,work,work.

Oh well.. thats electronic arts for you. They arent going to expand further on a vacation type of ep. and i doubt a lot of people would appreciate 2 of the same type of ep when they could have something totally new and different.

MadameLee

Some people says that Showtime is Late Night 2.0. Are you part of EA's team? How do you know what EA will or Will not Do? Just type in Vaction into the thread and you will see a lot of requests for an Actually Vacation Ep like Bon Voyage, and Vaction, not the stuff we got with World Adventures. I mean where are the hotels? or the tea services?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/05/12 05:33 PM

bosslaydee

MadameLee wrote: Some people says that Showtime is Late Night 2.0. Are you part of EA's team? How do you know what EA will or Will not Do? Just type in Vaction into the thread and you will see a lot of requests for an Actually Vacation Ep like Bon Voyage, and Vaction, not the stuff we got with World Adventures. I mean where are the hotels? or the tea services?

Exactly. showtime is late night 2.0 and a lot of people werent very happy with it.
Look im not here to dictate, im just saying what ive seen over the years of playing the sims. :/

MadameLee

there is like NOTHING to do in the sim china,france&egypt that isn't India Jones tomb raiding. A lot of people would actually like a REAL vaction EP. Like the hulu dancers and stuff from Sims 2 (or so I heard).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/05/12 05:43 PM

simsfan95173

bosslaydee wrote:
MadameLee wrote:

Oh well.. thats electronic arts for you. They arent going to expand further on a vacation type of ep. and i doubt a lot of people would appreciate 2 of the same type of ep when they could have something totally new and different.

Ambitions and Showtime are the same. They're both professions EP's. A lot of people still liked them both, minus the glitches.

However on an EP survey, one of the ideas was a tropical island ep:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/7127255573/

Not saying this will happen, just saying it's a possibility.

bosslaydee

AGAIN, im not an ea worker drone. im just saying my opinion. ok?? yeesh. a lot of people want a lot of things doesnt mean they get it.

simsfan95173

bosslaydee wrote:AGAIN, im not an ea worker drone. im just saying my opinion. ok?? yeesh. a lot of people want a lot of things doesnt mean they get it.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to attack you. I'm just voicing my opinion as well.

didiruvalcaba

bosslaydee wrote:
MadameLee wrote:

World adventures is not vacation... you can't take your Sim family with you... so its not vacation...

they learn stuff... no do stuff... they have task, adventures nor relaxing and in joying..
breville69

I wish they would add a sims family vacation,so they can have fun and not run from mummies or catch on fire. That is not a vacation!!
didiruvalcaba

breville69 wrote:I wish they would add a sims family vacation,so they can have fun and not run from mummies or catch on fire. That is not a vacation!!
yes! that would Rock!
CountFav

Um, well if you read my post properly you will see that I already know about WA, as I mentioned it about twice. But that isn't what I meant, like I said I want somewhere for my Sims to go and have fun not a "click and go" exploration. My idea of a holiday is to relax not an adventure into a dusty tomb where there is the chance I can be burnt or die of hunger.

Also what is the point in saying "They aren't going to elaborate any further" you don't know their plans any more than I do. If you don't have anything constructive to say then don't bother. There is a difference between voicing an opinion and stating a fact. What you said was as if it was a known fact not your opinion.

Anyway, a family centered holiday would be great. It would be nice to send the whole family to the beach and swim in the sea again. Or one of those activity center holidays, which could also bring back a lot of free time things and sporting stuff.

A tropical Island would be cool, I could imagine lots of exotic birds flying round (maybe bird watching could come back)

To be honest it would just be nice to get a few new places to visit, even if the new worlds only had one or two new attractions on each one, it would still make the idea of a holiday more dynamic.
RockChick

Definately would be great to have proper family holidays to build family relationships.
I love the idea of tropical resorts, water parks (remember watching the sea life type shows from sims 1?) I would also love the chance for sims to be shipwrepped on a tropical island with similar activities to Castaway stories (I still play that to death now!)
Also the winter sports, skating etc and swiss alps style resorts , ice hotels maybe as well would be awesome.
It would be nice for kids and teens to have a proper week or two off school as well, so that everyone (including babies and toddlers) could pack up and go off for quality fun times now and then.
Variety and choices make it fun for me

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/06/12 09:46 AM

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: