Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Anyone else having problems with the deep fryer in the new Fiesta set?  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
shan_26

Whenever my sim cooks anything in the deep fryer, he just keep cooking and re-cooking the same item without ever plating it. I have to use the cheat "resetsim" to get him to stop. Any clues on why this may be happening?

MaxQBaker

shan_26 wrote:Whenever my sim cooks anything in the deep fryer, he just keep cooking and re-cooking the same item without ever plating it. I have to use the cheat "resetsim" to get him to stop. Any clues on why this may be happening?

it is a known bug in this set. happens with the ice cream maker as well.
At first it was thought that a combination of using "Static Needs" and "High Autonomy" made it happen, but I thnk others may have run into it wihtout those conditions.

The Sims team is aware of it, and working on a fix, but no idea when that may appear.

Meanwhile, if you are using that magic combination of Static Needs on with High Autonomy on, turn off static needs, and see if it helps for now.

shan_26

Thanks, I'll try that.

hummingbird41556

Static needs doesn't seem to make a difference. I have high autonomy and use testingcheats to increase moods if I can't keep up. Static needs only for when they are doing extreme skilling. I had a Sim that would act like she was frying, run off and do stuff on her computer, play the guitar, go outside and watch her roommate play the drums and be frying at the same time! It was crazy! I thought maybe one of the ghosts in the lot was making the fryer bounce up and down, but when she was at the computer she would reach behinder her with her arm all twisted and shake the fryer. . . Uhm, yeah, I'd say it's broken! LOL No mods in my game, btw. Just testingcheatsenabled true.

I've spent over $2000 on store stuff, the LEAST EA can do is make sure it is functional!
MGSFan612

I am having the problem. It only happens with the fryer(the ice cream maker fortunately works fine) for me and I ma not using static needs.

SophieElizabethAnn

Is this problem still persisting? I wanted to get the set while it was on sale, but not if it's going to screw up my game. I suppose I could buy it on sale and not install it until it's fixed or something.
SimsFreak3774

I do not use static needs and my Sim still tries to use the deep fryer and ice cream maker even after they have eaten. I can cancel the command but they will still use it. I direct them else where then they stop. Usually I just put the fried food away in the fridge.

Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Go to: