Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Childlike Memories: My Neighbor Totoro - Satsuki & Mei's House [Now in two flavors! CC & CC FREE!]  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
Jessu

Childike Memories: My Neighbor Totoro - Satsuki & Mei's house:

I first want to introduce myself, I am Jess, and I have never posted in this forum before. I post a lot in Stories & Legacies... So I hope I can cover everything with this build without sounding crazy or anything! Most of what I am writing will actually be a C/P from my simblr. :3 So my explanations will come first and then my second post will be photos. This is my 200+ followers gift on there, but I thought I was so happy with it that I would love to share with you all as well! My Neighbor Totoro is a creation of Miyazaki Hayao/Ghibli Studios, I do not own it. I just replicate childlike memories!

I grew up with anime, and loved it, and one of those precious memories is always enjoying My Neighbor Totoro. I could watch that movie a million times and not be sick of it. I could watch all of Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki Hayao films and not be bored for years. Note to self: probably would pick all his movies, plus endless batteries, plus a portable DVD player… if I was stuck on an island. ;E (That last bit might be a lie, but still! <3) Anyway, I have a few things for you to "need to know" before you download this.

• Originally the house only has one level, and that attic. I was going to do something in the upper/second level but ended up not doing so, only because I thought maybe you’d want to put your own twist on it.

• I forgot to put a fridge in… because I am an idiot. <3 But you know it’s apart of that time… we’ll say that, k? :3 OR you can just add one yourself!

• I had a LOT of reference pictures, but in the end it was still hard to find the right portions but I did my best and with the Sims 3 it’s hit or miss when it comes to the roof, so forgive me for that odd looking barn thing I did. I actually learned a lot while making the roof, probably took a good hour to really get it all decent like! <3

• I put a LOT of my own imagination into this, so if you freak out because something is there that wasn’t in the movie it’s only because I improvised because I couldn’t remember or because I am not at all that great at making houses. D: I will let you be the judge BUWHAHAHA!

• I added more to the outside than the in, I think. But either way I hope you take the time to really look at the small stuff, though I did try to keep it spaced out and roomy because I don’t want everything to be cramped up. The study is supposed to be chock full of stuffs though! <3

• Though I already mentioned the roof and it’s somewhat lame ness, I hope you don’t hate it. I did have to put on another level, as you can tell since I already mentioned that as well x3! I think it came out pretty decent with all it’s random ness though.

• OH, and there IS a missing window in the front little/long porch area because I thought it was a creative way of doing it since I couldn’t find/too lazy to find authentic looking sliding doors. The other “rock step” is the same as this front one. Sims can’t step up into it but I thought there were plenty of other doors they could use. Though I have to note that some of the doors, the sims tend to just walk right through… maybe it’s just my game?

• In the end though, what really makes me so happy about this little project is all of your support! I have met a lot of people through the Sims 3 community/simblr community and they are nothing but inspiring and helpful, and awesome! And I hope you enjoy this because I loved making it, and I love using my imagination, and I adore seeing everyone else’s creations! You all should give yourselves a pat on the back for being so awesome!

THANK YOU SIMMERS! <3

xx
    Jess

Please note, the CC version is in the SECOND POST, while the CC FREE version is in the THIRD POST! THANKS! <3

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/08/12 10:56 AM

Jessu

Please click on the pictures to view them in their original/larger size! You won't regret it! <3 Download/links at the bottom of the post!

TITLE IN-GAME: Childlike Memories
    Cost: 100K+
    Size: 63x63 (64x64) I used the empty, largest lot in Starlight Shores for this build.
    Bedrooms: 2
    Bathrooms: 1
    Households Included: None
    Extras: Pantry, you can us it as something else, extra space on the second floor that you can transform into something you'd like. Hot-tub in the front yard, kind of hidden in some brush, always great to be private! It is kind of a tree heavy lot, but you can take out those if you'd like!
    EPs/SPs/Items possibly used: I own all expansions, the only SPs I have are HELS LOL!
    Pastoral Practical Kitchen Shelf
    Not-A-Street Floor Lamp (Free)
    B. Harvard's Water Collection
    Earth Day (Free)
    Read the above post for things I missed, or other little things that might be unique to this build!

LAYOUT:

EXTERIOR:

INTERIOR:

DOWNLOAD: Mediafire (sims3pack), or EA Exchange (I uploaded to EA but it hasn't shown up in my studio so it'll have to wait :/ Sorry!)
    CC Links: You can find those here, at my signature/artsy fartsy blog.
    Tumblr Tag: Wanna check out my simblr, or perhaps just the chrono events from the beginning to the end of this project? Find it here!

Please give me some feedback, or just enjoy it! <3 If there are any issues please let me know here!

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 05/08/12 10:55 AM

Jessu

Please click on the pictures to view them in their original/larger size! You won't regret it! <3 Download/links at the bottom of the post!

Good thing I reserved this BUHWHAHAHA! >:E Here's the CC free flavor for those who wish to not have the custom content, which I agree, it's always nice to have more than one flavor of something! I didn't change much either, I did add the little clothes line out back, and all the "tatami" is just rugs that I have put side by side in some kind of fashion like the CC one. None of the wallpapers used were CC, that I am aware of, I did look but I just am making sure you know I looked xD! I didn't really use much of the CC I downloaded, after scouring the house and looking for whatever might be CC or something that looked like CC. So if there IS CC in this lot, please let me know, so I can get it all worked out for you guys! I appreciate it a lot. I am gonna list my expansions, and stuffs packs, and store sets that might have been used in here as well, just encase.

My List of EPs/SPs/Sets:
    Base Game + all expansions, to date (05/08/12)
    HELS stuffs pack, the only one I have ;(! <3
    Earth Day (Free)

CC FREE:

DOWNLOAD: Mediafire (sims3pack), EA Exchange

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 05/08/12 10:55 AM

WibbleLikeAJelly

Hi Jessu Welcome to the Creative Corner. You'll find some really talented users over here, and some equally good advice for your builds.

Can I just say how much I love this house?! The architecture is really unusual, especially with the plain white part in the front. The photos are really impressive and she off the house in a very positive light ^_____^

I left you a virtual recommendation since tis not in your studio. Have a great weekend!

--Wibble

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/06/12 08:42 AM

Jessu

WibbleLikeAJelly wrote:Hi Jessu Welcome to the Creative Corner. You'll find some really talented users over here, and some equally good advice for your builds.

Can I just say how much I love this house?! The architecture is really unusual, especially with the plain white part in the front. The photos are really impressive and she off the house in a very positive light ^_____^

I left you a virtual recommendation since tis not in your studio. Have a great weekend!

--Wibble

I definitely enjoy it's quirky-ness. I kind of dislike how that roof came out on the French-esque part of the house but I think in due time maybe I will get better. That is if I make a house similar to this one! I could have loved to make it exactly like the house I was inspired by/trying to replicate!

Thank you so much for the virtual rec'd. xD I hope I can upload it again sometime... hopefully soon!

Jessu

Bump! :3

Rawr2019

Great job sweetie! I love this movie ^____^ You did a really nice job! I didn't even know you were a builder D:
    Jessu

Rawr2019 wrote:Great job sweetie! I love this movie ^____^ You did a really nice job! I didn't even know you were a builder D:

I am not really, but I try, I actually love building stuff for my sims a lot. I just have never made anything public? I did do another lot but it was for a gift as well. :3

Thanks Nik! <3

Lynnwood

Woooooooow.

I'm not familiar with the anime in question. Doesn't matter tho, because that house is still awesome. Wowzerz. Your decorating skills are incredible. It looks so . . . homey. Great job Jess!

Jessu

Lynnwood wrote:Woooooooow.

I'm not familiar with the anime in question. Doesn't matter tho, because that house is still awesome. Wowzerz. Your decorating skills are incredible. It looks so . . . homey. Great job Jess!

Thanks Lynners! And I am horrible at decorating but thank you for thinking that way xD! I love everyone who does clutter so well, I do not do clutter well! LOL!

tashie_baby11

OH MY GOD JESS! I loved this movie so much as a child (: My grandmother bought it at a yardsale for my cousin and I ( he really likes the house too ). This is amazing, and it makes me wish I hadn't lost the movie <333
    Jessu

tashie_baby11 wrote:OH MY GOD JESS! I loved this movie so much as a child (: My grandmother bought it at a yardsale for my cousin and I ( he really likes the house too ). This is amazing, and it makes me wish I hadn't lost the movie <333

Yay i am so happy to hear that. I love his movies so much and I know not everything is exact but I am just happy to have really tried this build! I think my next project might be Howl's Moving Castle.

tashie_baby11

Jessu wrote:
    tashie_baby11 wrote:OH MY GOD JESS! I loved this movie so much as a child (: My grandmother bought it at a yardsale for my cousin and I ( he really likes the house too ). This is amazing, and it makes me wish I hadn't lost the movie <333

Yay i am so happy to hear that. I love his movies so much and I know not everything is exact but I am just happy to have really tried this build! I think my next project might be Howl's Moving Castle.

I think you did a wonderful job (: I felt nostalgic looking at it. I never watched Howl's Moving Castle.. But Spirited Away & Kiki's Delivery Service were two of my favorite movies growing up ( I still have Spirited Away, I'm glad I didn't lose it. My Granny actually bought all of them after seeing how much I liked My Neighbor Totoro ).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/06/12 08:53 PM

Jessu

tashie_baby11 wrote:
    Jessu wrote:

I think you did a wonderful job (: I felt nostalgic looking at it. I never watched Howl's Moving Castle.. But Spirited Away & Kiki's Delivery Service were two of my favorite movies growing up ( I still have Spirited Away, I'm glad I didn't lose it. My Granny actually bought all of them after seeing how much I liked My Neighbor Totoro ).

I was thinking of making the bath house from Spirited Away!!! Eeee so many ideas!!!

Jessu

Bump! For the evening!

Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
    Go to: