Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Issues still with Showtime, fix the problem or give back money!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
jcro0787

I bought Showtime the day it came out and right away had glitches and problems. I knew it would be the patch and I figured, like always, it would take a few days for EA to release a new patch to correct problems. I waited a week and noticed the glitches went away and I thought everything was fine.

Then I noticed about 20 minutes in of real time the game would freeze. The music would work and the background, such as trees and so forth would continue, but the whole game would freeze and I would have to completely restart my computer just to quit the game or use my computer normal.

I stopped playing the game about halfway through March because it never got better. I just started it up tonight and checked that my version was up-to-date before playing, and sure enough it froze again. I can find nowhere online saying that this problem has been solved or any real comment regarding it since the end of March. I am on a 13" Macbook and have upgraded the ram to 8GB, so I know it's not anything like that. I have plenty of space on my hard drive and my video card works perfectly. I also bought and downloaded the Katy Perry version online from Amazon, if that makes any difference even though it shouldn't.

Anyone know what is going on? I've been sick of EA's attitude regarding rushing their games out for a long time but this is ridiculous. I want it either fixed or my money back. I've invested a lot of money into this franchise and this is ridiculous.
PEACHES327

You need to post a dxdiag so tech-savvy people can see what kind of computer you're using to play the game.

It is possible that your drivers need updating, or your computer's not up to par and that's what's causing the crashing.

jcro0787

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 6 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MB61.00C8.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.51f53
Serial Number (system): W8009JP78PW
Hardware UUID: 79085CE1-9EAF-56AA-9BE9-669A437224F5
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Graphics card info:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3462
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB888
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

This is from my mac. I mistyped before, I have 6GB of ram but it's still plenty.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/07/12 01:25 AM

reinmag

do you have any old mods in there you haven't updated to the new patch level?

Cinebar

You're not alone. I stopped playing in SS around the 30th of March and refuse to play online any more or Simport. I had Sims freezing every few seconds after I had sent out my singer and received many different Sims from others. I got really tired of it, very fast.

I had to start SS's world over 3 times. One thing I noticed is if I stopped playing the new careers I had less freeze. And as long as my Sims weren't in the new careers less gnomes cloning everywhere (which also caused freezes). I stopped playing in that world, bought AMB and play in Twinbrook (when I play which isn't often)and haven't had any freezes while playing the firefighter or interior design career.

That tells me there is something wrong in SS, and with the new careers, and the gnomes, and being online (just logged in) or even Simporting...if it stops when I am not doing those things.

My PC isn't the issue though I doubt they tested ST on midgrade pcs, as I see they used beta testers that had built their own super duper pcs.

Which would lead to false data as far as performance of a cpu and gpu if they are beyond what a normal/average player would have in the form of hardware.

And I doubt very much they beta tested the Simport more than a few times between a couple of beta testers or played as long as two or three Sims weeks to see what would happen to the game once the game starts mucking up after playing a Sim family/in new careers two or three weeks out from staring the family.

A 3ghz processor and an HD 1GB video card and DDR3 RAM should run this game smoothly...not me, it's them.
Conclue

I do believe it is SS related. Yesterday in another thread I noted that I hadn't played enough in SV or HS to really determine whether it's just SS but it indeed is. It happens after a while of playing. I really think maybe the coding in the background tasks for simfest and other ST things is on a higher volume if you will. I don't know if I'm explaining it. For instance, from my acrobats apartment window on the 11th floor across from the park I can see the simfest going on; at times with a sim on stage other times not.

My favorite Sims in Bridgeport have some of their own drama induced story gameplay going on so i was all into that last night for a while. I played for about a Sim week and my game doesn't lag at all. I only have BP 1/4 of the way ST compatible. (eg I have like 2 ST lots, an outdoor stage in the park and the party warehouse.

My goal over the next couple of weeks is to get all my towns up to EP code (in other words all the lots in all the towns) and I'm wondering if then that will determine what's going on. I'm sure I'
ll figure it out before EA releases a patch. LOL
catloverplayer

I'm assuming the patch is coming out close to June because of Katy Perry Sweet Treats. I don't know why they would release it close to a stuff pack but atleast that will give them more time to work on it I guess.

They must be trying to fix a lot of issues by it taking this long. Hope the wait is worth it.
didiruvalcaba

jcro0787 wrote:I bought Showtime the day it came out and right away had glitches and problems. I knew it would be the patch and I figured, like always, it would take a few days for EA to release a new patch to correct problems. I waited a week and noticed the glitches went away and I thought everything was fine.

Then I noticed about 20 minutes in of real time the game would freeze. The music would work and the background, such as trees and so forth would continue, but the whole game would freeze and I would have to completely restart my computer just to quit the game or use my computer normal.

I stopped playing the game about halfway through March because it never got better. I just started it up tonight and checked that my version was up-to-date before playing, and sure enough it froze again. I can find nowhere online saying that this problem has been solved or any real comment regarding it since the end of March. I am on a 13" Macbook and have upgraded the ram to 8GB, so I know it's not anything like that. I have plenty of space on my hard drive and my video card works perfectly. I also bought and downloaded the Katy Perry version online from Amazon, if that makes any difference even though it shouldn't.

Anyone know what is going on? I've been sick of EA's attitude regarding rushing their games out for a long time but this is ridiculous. I want it either fixed or my money back. I've invested a lot of money into this franchise and this is ridiculous.

I'm sorry to break it to you but its your computer.....

I have mac book pro 15" and it did the same so I uninstalled and nothing same until my husband reinstalled the system and upgraded my system it works perfectly fine now (I have 2gb ram got the computer 5 years ago never upgraded hardware only software)... and I have all EP's and SP's (I live in mexico and I get them her for cheap at the flea market, so I can't register all of them, if you don't believe me google sobreruedas tijuana and there you go)and it works... but with all of 50gbts of memory from Sims we are getting me a way better computer a pc that will hold all Sim's and other games.... we worked hard for the money and I want to give my self a treat... I waited for showtime I don't have it yet.... and I waiting for bugs and honestly if you don't like it I bet you could find who to sell it too...

I'm sorry but I can honestly say its your computer.
catloverplayer

The sims 3 plays better on a desktop anyway but with showtime even those are having freezing issues and my system has 8gbs of ram,4 quads and a videocard with 1gb of dedicated ram.

Op have you tried cutting off memories to see if that will help with the freezing issues?
julienrob2004

catloverplayer wrote: I'm assuming the patch is coming out close to June because of Katy Perry Sweet Treats. I don't know why they would release it close to a stuff pack but atleast that will give them more time to work on it I guess.

They must be trying to fix a lot of issues by it taking this long. Hope the wait is worth it.

A lot of people are waiting for the patch but the worst thing was i believe it was SimGuruGraham who posted a series of posts in which he quite clearly stated that bug fixing comes way down the list . EA will NOT take staff away from doing the next packs to bug fix . They try and do a quick fix after the release of each pack and after that any firther bugs might get fixed or they might not depending how many manpower hours they will take to fix .This quite clearly showed how little respect EA have for the people who buy their products .

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .
Yuki89

Ok, my computer is VERY well up to date. I got this computer on my bday in oct. Up to date, plays online gaming that takes A LOT OF MEMORY and has a high graphics card/video card/hard drive is great. So on and so forth. And yet again I have been freezing in Showtime. I freeze every so often then once it starts it goes for the next 5 mins. Sadly I have the patients to wait it out and it takes awhile. It starts up then freezes.

I never had this problem with any of the other expansions. NONE. It is Showtime. That is that. I also had other problems with it too which is getting on my nerves. I've had to restart my game to see if the bugs still happens. EA is getting really disappointing. They really do sound like Everquest... OMG! THEY ARE! Just shove new expansions out every 3 months and don't fix the problems. Wow... amazing... And lets see... EQ lost a lot of people for more than just that too. Shame. I hope EA fixes their act and fix the glitches. Fix the glitches = more people will play and buy the expansion packs too.
bklienhart

julienrob2004 wrote:
catloverplayer wrote: I'm assuming the patch is coming out close to June because of Katy Perry Sweet Treats. I don't know why they would release it close to a stuff pack but atleast that will give them more time to work on it I guess.

A lot of people are waiting for the patch but the worst thing was i believe it was SimGuruGraham who posted a series of posts in which he quite clearly stated that bug fixing comes way down the list . EA will NOT take staff away from doing the next packs to bug fix . They try and do a quick fix after the release of each pack and after that any firther bugs might get fixed or they might not depending how many manpower hours they will take to fix .This quite clearly showed how little respect EA have for the people who buy their products .

There are bugs from Late Night that still haven't been fixed two years later.

F - is the Fire that rains from the skies
U - for Uranium bomb
N - is for No Survivors!
elanorbreton

bklienhart wrote:There are bugs from Late Night that still haven't been fixed two years later.

Lol, there are bugs from the BASE GAME that still haven't been fixed. There are probably bugs from every EP which will NEVER get fixed.

Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: