Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Gurus, can we please have a fix for the MultiTab? (And other Premium Content)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
slynnski

Location:On the Titanic, in a fancy dress, sipping tea in the 1st class lounge.

I purchased the MultiTab 6000 today, and to put it simply, it doesn't work.

The skilling interaction (listen to TabCast) doesn't function properly. My sim will pull the tablet out of their inventory, turn it on and act like they are putting headphones in their ears, but then they will suddenly turn the tablet off and put it back in their inventory two seconds later. All of the other interactions (buy books online, read book, play social games) work fine.

I did this all on a completely brand-new save with my mods folder removed, so I am inclined to believe the problem is with the tablet itself, and not on my end. I have also seen others post about having the same problem, so I know it's not just me.

Can someone please issue a fix for this so I don't have to feel like I completely wasted my money?

Update 5/8/12:
I got my tablet working by downloading the Premium Content fix mod. HOWEVER, I still want to fight for an official fix for ALL Premium Content, as it really isn't right that we as paying customers should have to look elsewhere for a fix for content that we paid for. It's especially unfair to those simmers who are opposed to using mods and 3rd party content in their game.

Gurus, please provide us with a solution to this! It's very discouraging.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 05/08/12 01:48 PM

Participate in my contest!
BadnessDefined

I have this problem too, I had to use the fix for it (which worked) but it should have worked in the first place.
Julia526

Skills take longer to learn with tabcast, but i have used it several times and every 2-3 times i get a notification saying they skilled up.

slynnski

BadnessDefined wrote:I have this problem too, I had to use the fix for it (which worked) but it should have worked in the first place.

What is the fix for it? I was not aware there was one!

Edit: I just Googled it, is it the Premium Content fix?

Edit #2: It worked! Thank you for the tip.

Still, it would be nice to not have to resort to using a mod, so I will try to keep this topic alive until we get a genuine fix.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/07/12 11:43 PM

AznSensei

I remember at one point, that if you hover over the tablet in your inventory, it tells you how much of a percentage you are in the tabcast.

Maybe your tabcast might have gotten to 100% exactly?

Also, I do know some mods conflict >.<

slynnski

AznSensei wrote:I remember at one point, that if you hover over the tablet in your inventory, it tells you how much of a percentage you are in the tabcast.

Maybe your tabcast might have gotten to 100% exactly?

Also, I do know some mods conflict >.<

No, it really wasn't performing the interaction until I installed the mod. The earpiece/bluetooth and red blinking light weren't present previously, and after the sim turned off the device and put it back in their inventory, the listen to tabcast interaction was still available, another clue that it wasn't working.

Thanks for the suggestions/help, though. I'm just happy to have it working, even if I had to download 3rd party content to make it work.

daciasil

For other simmers having the same problem with the tablet or other premium content, please see my post here for a fix:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/60/536615.page#8464

Good Luck

slynnski

daciasil wrote:For other simmers having the same problem with the tablet or other premium content, please see my post here for a fix:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/60/536615.page#8464

Good Luck

I already saw that and responded to it, so thank you.

However I already got my tablet working by downloading the fix; please read my previous posts. I guess I had better update my OP and state that I do have the tablet working now so others don't get confused.

Still, I want to keep this thread active for the people who are opposed to using mods. It's not fair to them that content they paid for is not working properly. I want to bring this attention to the Gurus so that we may finally get a fix for these problems.

slynnski

Come on Gurus/EA, a fix would be appreciated.

SimGuruAims

Sorry that you are having trouble with your MultiTab 6000! We've not been able to reproduce your particular issue (it's working as it should for us here). I noticed you said that you removed your mods folder and were still experiencing problems, and then downloaded another mod which fixed the issue you were having. Using mods (at all) makes it tricky to trouble shoot issues (since many mods change or over-write code, and that code isn't necessarily reverted (when it's deleted/unistalled/removed) or updated (as we release our patches). Since we cannot reproduce here on our never modded environment, we suspect it might be happening as the result of a persistent mod incompatibility, or a mod that became incompatible with the latest update...something like that. Adding to this is the fact that it was fixed by another mod (maybe this mod fixed an issue caused by another mod???) we really can't be certain what the source of the problem is... and as you can see, it gets complicated to even attempt to track down. I'm sure you understand that this is one of the reasons that we can't support third party mods with our development/updates. Have you made sure that you've installed the latest updates and you did so after having uninstalled the mods you use? Are you sure that all your mods are compatible with our latest patch? Again, sorry about the trouble you are having- we think the MultiTab 6000 is one of our most beneficial Premium Content objects to date, and we want our players to have fun using it!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/09/12 11:30 PM

stormwench

slynnski wrote:I purchased the MultiTab 6000 today, and to put it simply, it doesn't work.

The skilling interaction (listen to TabCast) doesn't function properly. My sim will pull the tablet out of their inventory, turn it on and act like they are putting headphones in their ears, but then they will suddenly turn the tablet off and put it back in their inventory two seconds later. All of the other interactions (buy books online, read book, play social games) work fine.

I did this all on a completely brand-new save with my mods folder removed, so I am inclined to believe the problem is with the tablet itself, and not on my end. I have also seen others post about having the same problem, so I know it's not just me.

Can someone please issue a fix for this so I don't have to feel like I completely wasted my money?

Update 5/8/12:
I got my tablet working by downloading the Premium Content fix mod. HOWEVER, I still want to fight for an official fix for ALL Premium Content, as it really isn't right that we as paying customers should have to look elsewhere for a fix for content that we paid for. It's especially unfair to those simmers who are opposed to using mods and 3rd party content in their game.

Gurus, please provide us with a solution to this! It's very discouraging.

My sims does select the skill to listen to, puts in ear phones and then places the tablet in inventory and then sits or stands their listening, but not holding the tablet. I assumed that is why they put in the ear plugs so they can carry the tablet in their pocket while listening. Mine will continue to listen and do other things as commanded or as they need to do until I go into inventory and turn off the MultiTab. I think its supposed to work this way. And the skills do go up. But they do not have a skill capsule over their heads while listening, but they will give a notice when they level that skill. If you look closely you will see, while they listen a light green circle that flashes now and then around their head. I have noticed you have to be pretty close to seeing that circle - it will not show from a distance.

Writin_Reg

Also they only have the ear plug in my game in one ear and if you get up close you will see a small red blinking light - look in that box that shows the moods and you will see a picture of an open book while they are listening to the tab cast. My sims just spent all week-end (her week-end, not mine) today going from one skill after the other, at the same time she cooked food and ate. Went fishing. Went collecting things. Went jogging, even did some gardening, weeding, more fishing, went down to the gym for a few sims hours and during that time skilled up in 3 different things. Then last I had her paint a picture, practice guitar, and sculpt a chair - all the while kept adding the skilling tab casts in between her other commands. I forgot I also had her upgrade a sink and the toilet while she did handy tab casts.

She is also getting the skills faster as she learns which is a blessing - but in two sims days she has gone from zero skills to at least level 4 in every skill a sim can get but riding - that is just skill 2 as she doesn't have a horse and I boost the skilling by having them do things related to the Tab posts.

But it works exactly as it is supposed to - but I do not have any mods either.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/12 03:33 AM

caer_the_white

I never have used mods, and I have the same problem. The TabCast interaction does not work at all. I am wondering if this is a problem for Macs, since I use a mac for my game and have had issues in the past. I'd really like to see a fix for this problem.
jwghost

I don't have any problems with MultiTab, because of it my sim is now level 10 in Photography, Writing, etc.

Try to make your sim watch tv while he is listening to the tabcast and don't interact with others sims.

mangoesandlimes

caer_the_white wrote:I never have used mods, and I have the same problem. The TabCast interaction does not work at all. I am wondering if this is a problem for Macs, since I use a mac for my game and have had issues in the past. I'd really like to see a fix for this problem.

I don't think it's a general Mac problem. I have a Mac and I was just playing around with my MultiTab yesterday and it worked perfectly. I do have mods, but not the premium content fix one, so that shouldn't have much to do with why my Mac is fine with it and yours isn't.

Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: