Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
After installing pets, Unknown error  XML
Forum Index » Mac Discussions
mintnorth2424

I have the Sims 3 and Generation currently installed on my mac. All works fine. I installed pets. every time I try to launch the game I get and Unknown error has occurred and it closes with out really opening. If I uninstall pets, everything goes back to normal. I bought Pets from amazon, via a download. I have now tried this 4 times all with redownloading the game. Any help would be really appreciated, thanks!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/09/12 07:55 AM

Can't start game processes-4
rainstormed

Try this. I suggested this to another person, but they never got back to me on whether or not it worked.

Steps:
1. Open Macintosh HD
2. Open the Library folder
3. Open Preferences
4. Once in that Preferences folder you will want to move "The Sims 3 Preferences" as well as any "com.transgaming" and "ipatcher" files you find to the trash.
5. Empty your trash

If you have lion the first two steps are going to be different. You'll want to make sure that finder is selected, then select Go from the menu bar at the top of the screen. Hit the Option button, then click on Library. After that everything is the same.

Good luck!
cutie9676

mintnorth2424

rainstormed wrote:Try this. I suggested this to another person, but they never got back to me on whether or not it worked.

Steps:
1. Open Macintosh HD
2. Open the Library folder
3. Open Preferences
4. Once in that Preferences folder you will want to move "The Sims 3 Preferences" as well as any "com.transgaming" and "ipatcher" files you find to the trash.
5. Empty your trash

If you have lion the first two steps are going to be different. You'll want to make sure that finder is selected, then select Go from the menu bar at the top of the screen. Hit the Option button, then click on Library. After that everything is the same.

Good luck!

Tried that, it didn't work. But thank you for the help. I will continue to hunt for more information! My sims deserve their pets!

mintnorth2424

Did a clean install. IT's all better I just hope I won't have to do this every time I get an EP. THat would not be fun.

Forum Index » Mac Discussions
Go to: